What's new

China could invest up to $300 billion in Indian Railways...

wth ??
50 thn 100,thn 200,now 300 bln.
khayali pulao bohot bata ja raha hai.
dosto jyada mat khana,hazam nai hoga

its all showmanship

1st bhutan
big showmanship - no concrete results on all hydro power potential

next nepal
big showmanship - no concrete results on hydro power

next japan
big showmanship - no concrete results on Nuke deal / U2

now china
lets see

then US & Russia
wait and watch

i am most optimistic with russia
specially 22 nuke reactors / plants

---
dont blamce china 100%
they have shown there qulaity in there rail networks. may not be relaible as japansese ..
indian raiways is just started crawling they atlaset stading if not runing

besides reliability

viability is a big issue

besides reliability

viability is a big issue

Railways is like roads. You don't expect to earn profit from it, but it is one of the basic requirements for other sectors to grow. You profit from them.

Railways is like roads. You don't expect to earn profit from it, but it is one of the basic requirements for other sectors to grow. You profit from them.
---
nothing is free
---------------------
see japan investment in DMIC- reason

JBIC and is currently a main project stakeholder with a 26 percent share.

Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC). Japan has taken the lead in securing funding for the DMIC through the JBIC and is currently a main project stakeholder with a 26 percent share. The only conditions on JBIC investment entail the granting of up to 85 percent export credit to Japanese companies importing products to India in line with OECD terms and conditions. The JBIC also offers overseas investment loans to support overseas investment by Japanese firms into India.
Foreign Investment Opportunities in the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor - India Briefing News
--
big projects big result big ROI ....if wait for right time ..
with big cash .. you have to invest and get retruns ..
railways can give best returns for long term perspective

What has India to loose?
--
Railways is key to any nation...
suppose china invested in indian rail project..
they will bring .. money,people, tech , system ...
if tension arise between both countires..
they have full knowledge about your key routs,, loads,, track condition,, system
which they can exploit fully...
--
just a crud example..
F16 is exclelent figter ..
many F16 belived to have kil swithc... which give tactical advthe to usa not to same nation whihc they posses...
---
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ion-note-on-chinese-firms-114013001080_1.html

home ministry has said that the overall security aspect, quality control, signalling and telecommunications for the entire railway network should be under the Indian Railways
---
Even $100 bn won't help: Why China won't be able to wean India from Japan - Firstpost

Last edited:
---
nothing is free
---------------------
see japan investment in DMIC- reason

JBIC and is currently a main project stakeholder with a 26 percent share.

Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC). Japan has taken the lead in securing funding for the DMIC through the JBIC and is currently a main project stakeholder with a 26 percent share. The only conditions on JBIC investment entail the granting of up to 85 percent export credit to Japanese companies importing products to India in line with OECD terms and conditions. The JBIC also offers overseas investment loans to support overseas investment by Japanese firms into India.
Foreign Investment Opportunities in the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor - India Briefing News
--
big projects big result big ROI ....if wait for right time ..
with big cash .. you have to invest and get retruns ..
railways can give best returns for long term perspective

I agree. From what I know, HSR projects are supposed to be built and operate. I just meant that even if GoI had to suffer losses, it is going to return the investments in other forms. It is infrastructure and governments don't built infra to earn profit from them.

I agree. From what I know, HSR projects are supposed to be built and operate. I just meant that even if GoI had to suffer losses, it is going to return the investments in other forms. It is infrastructure and governments don't built infra to earn profit from them.
--
think about when DMIC opens up
how much railwasy earn as fright is bread and butter of railwasy...
BOOM .
railways minister a small competor to FM :-)

--
Railways is key to any nation...
suppose china invested in indian rail project..
they will bring .. money,people, tech , system ...
if tension arise between both countires..
they have full knowledge about your key routs,, loads,, track condition,, system
which they can exploit fully...

Why would India turn down such a hefty FDI just because of some tiny/questionable doubts?
India can master the train technology within reasonable time.
If at all there is a kill switch in the engine, it can be replaced with Japanese, while you have their coaches.
Once they have invested 300 plus billions, India would have a leverage vis a vis Chinese who stand to lose their investment in case of cheating or coercion....

--

Why would India turn down such a hefty FDI just because of some tiny/questionable doubts?
If at all there is a kill switch in the engine, it can be replaced with Japanese, while you have their coaches.
Once they have invested 300 plus billions, India would have a leverage vis a vis Chinese who stand to lose their investment in case of cheating or coercion....

He doesn't literally means a kill switch in the engine. It is the know how of basic infra, which has the possibility of being sabotaged in case of hostility.

--

--
let me give simple example...
suppose china makes indian railways infra..
so what they will built,
Engine - may be
tracks - yes
singal - yes
software for control and operate - yes
manpower to train and control - yes
get in indian control system to integrate - yes

--
So now they Know and understand EVERYTHING about IR..
--
now military want to trasport tanks to north east
they can sabotage one of them and whole system is down .. and army stuck...
---
in normal scenario chinese hackers max control -hack software system but IR still can run on old methods of british ways which they dont knwo as they dont KNOW everthing

He doesn't literally means a kill switch in the engine. It is the know how of basic infra, which has the possibility of being sabotaged in case of hostility.

How will you sabotage some thing like this in India?
If they did, they stand to lose more than India, which can replace the engine with that of Japan.

--
let me give simple example...
suppose china makes indian railways infra..
so what they will built,
Engine - may be
tracks - yes
singal - yes
software for control and operate - yes
manpower to train and control - yes
get in indian control system to integrate - yes

--
So now they Know and understand EVERYTHING about IR..
--
---
in normal scenario chinese hackers max control -hack software system but IR still can run on old methods of british ways which they dont knwo as they dont KNOW everthing

It is not just software and hacking. As the internal network of railway would be separate from internet. But there would be several methods available to the developer to put a spanner.

--

--
---

Above is hilarious ..Lol

Military tanks in a super-fast bullet like trains?

I rest my case.
No more dialogue with you.
Thanks for coming..

How will you sabotage some thing like this in India?
If they did, they stand to lose more than India, which can replace the engine with that of Japan.
The condition to do so is in case of hostilities, in which case the trade relations are already off. And reason to do so is to hamper possible army movement.

Back
Top Bottom