What's new

China could invest up to $300 billion in Indian Railways...

This is getting out of hand now.

With growing Outbound Direct Investment (ODI) which last year crossed USD 90 billion, China’s investments in India, which so far remained a paltry USD 400 million, mostly in Gujarat, are now expected to surpass Japan. China’s foreign exchange reserves, the largest in the world, reached a record USD 3.95 trillion in March and it plans to invest around USD 500 billion overseas in the next five years, a large share of which is expected to find India’s way. China is positively considering investing in India’s ambitious plan to build high-speed railways, including bullet trains.

While Japan bagged the Mumbai-Ahmedabad first bullet train project, Chinese officials have evinced interest in Chennai and Bangalore and Bangalore-Mumbai corridors to build high-speed trains. India has already invited China to modernise railway stations. During Xi’s visit, China is set to announce two industrial parks, one each in Gujarat and Maharastra to begin a host of manufacturing and energy units. The investments are aimed at addressing India’s concern of mounting trade deficit which averaged USD 35 billion in the total USD 66.4 billion trade last year.

After 17 rounds of talks, India and China have moved forward to resolve the vexed issue, he said. What is left for experts and special representatives of borders talks is to find ways to demarcate the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and exchange maps which could happen under Modi and Xi’s leadership as both are regarded as strong leaders, Hu said. India asserts that the border dispute covered about 4,000 km, while China claims that it confined to about 2,000 km to the area of Arunachal Pradesh, which it refers as Southern Tibet. ”For the first time the two countries have strong leaders. It is the right time to reach a solution,” Hu said. For the time, during Xi’s visit, China is seriously considering to open a new route for Indian pilgrims to take part in Kailash and Mansarovar yatra which will be good for ties, he added.

Last edited:
You are very true!

India has the brains and the funds to develop own bullet trains. India doesn't need Chinese or Japanese money or technology.

Modi-ji will make better bullet trains in a few years!

India will be a superpower by 2020!
You don't have to be sarcastic. If you read my post, I precisely said that India needs money to develop infrastructure. And from where did bullet trains come into this, China is not going to invest in bullet trains but high speed trains.
China uses its labor in those countries where local skilled labor is not available. Such is not the problem when it comes to India.

Yeah 5 days later it will be 1 Trillion USD . WTF ... Not a penny have arrived yet and the number is rising up . Even the inflation is down :P

These Chinese high speed trains will be that of passenger trains connecting Indian Metropolitan cities.
Tanks reach Ladakh and other border via land/Railways as usual but talk about using Chinese funded trains for such Military heavy equipment is ridiculous...

You dont need to push these Youtube videos here to make your silly point. We know it all, its been years since this has been happening.

Chinese investment = Highs-peed passenger trains. What kill switch/sabotage and other shik is being peddled here to achieve what?

Agra Delhi has already started with such (160) speed already.
Why need Chinese technology?

Above is the need of the hour, and its being worked upon. Not 160 KM which is already running:
--
its just not ONLY about ENGINE..
its about SYSTEM...INTEGRATION..
-
just compare
chinese HST vs japan's Shinkansen
you will get who is better ..

You don't have to be sarcastic. If you read my post, I precisely said that India needs money to develop infrastructure. And from where did bullet trains come into this, China is not going to invest in bullet trains but high speed trains.
China uses its labor in those countries where local skilled labor is not available. Such is not the problem when it comes to India.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Like you said, India has the skilled labor, and with Modi-ji's visionary leadership, India should go her own way and develop a world-class AND indigenous railway network for both freight and high-speed passenger traffic.

India has the money and the brain power to do within five years.

India will surpass China and Japan and the US to become a superpower by 2020!

--
its just not ONLY about ENGINE..
its about SYSTEM...INTEGRATION..
-
just compare
chinese HST vs japan's Shinkansen
you will get who is better ..

Coaches with kill engines?
Tracks with Kill engine?
What integration?
Siemens makes the best train signalling system in the world, order that.
What is left behind as integration/system?

Why I have to compare Japan-China?
If we are talking about your Chinese sabotage concern?

Coaches with kill engines?
Tracks with Kill engine?
What integration?
Siemens makes the best train signalling system in the world, order that.
What is left behind as integration/system?

Why I have to compare Japan-China?
If we are talking about your Chinese sabotage concern?
--
seems i cant able to coomunicate point propely
anywasys ..
its up to you to take POV

I wasn't being sarcastic. Like you said, India has the skilled labor, and with Modi-ji's visionary leadership, India should go her own way and develop a world-class AND indigenous railway network for both freight and high-speed passenger traffic.

India has the money and the brain power to do within five years.

India will surpass China and Japan and the US to become a superpower by 2020!
Mate I think you have comprehension problem. I have been stating it from the beginning, India don't have the money, cant you grasp this simple point. If we had then there was no need for Modi to go around seeking for investors.
It was our beloved former president APJ Abdul Kalam's vision to make India a developed nation by 2020, not a super power. Some of us do live in the real world.

Mate I think you have comprehension problem. I have been stating it from the beginning, India don't have the money, cant you grasp this simple point. If we had then there was no need for Modi to go around seeking for investors.
It was our beloved former president APJ Abdul Kalam's vision to make India a developed nation by 2020, not a super power. Some of us do live in the real world.

India has the funds. Modi-ji is seeking partners with experience running high-speed networks to consult, and if they offer money at reasonable rate, India should take it; BUT, India is financially very capable of paying for all upgradations.

India should go her own way and develop her own technology. Get the brightest minds from IITs together, and the technologies can be invented within five years.

All that was missing before was leadership and patriotism; now with Modi-ji in charge, India has both. India will overtake Chinese and Japanese railways in no time!

There is no doubt that India will be a superpower by 2020 under Modi-ji's leadership. India is poised for dominance!

Come on guys..this is just not make any sense....Do not spread all these rumours...India and China can do bussiness but not like they are partners or anything sort of as it is being projected..

Back
Top Bottom