What's new

China Could Field Its Sixth-Gen Fighter Jet Before The US – Top USAF Official Apprehends

The turbojet jet engine hurdle needs to be overcome by China.... They have no reliable modern powerplant for their jets... Still.

Chinese have already mastered it.

J-20 is already flying with WS-10C and will be flying with 180kN WS-15 shortly.

We don’t even have a friggin definition for sixth gen yet. Get a grip.

They're begging. "Oh, please, please, Mr. Congress, China so strong, gib monies!!"
You realize that the US military has record high spending, right?

In order to increase it further, the military needs to give some sort of valud reason, that's not begging, its called bureaucracy.

Nah, it's begging. It's pathetic begging.

Once again, the US military is not only the biggest military spender in the world, they also are experiencing record high spending.

Your comment is nonsense.

China invented bureaucracy, do you think the PLA has to beg for its ever-increasing funding from the Chinese government?
Even in China the PLA has to justify military spending, in order to gain more funds. Its a part of the process of having a military with civilian supremacy. The only difference is China doesn't make it public, the US does.

It is not begging, it is bureaucracy.

You don't give funding to the military without proper justification, because money spent on the military is money not being spent on the economy. The military of every nation, by its very nature is an endless money sink, this is why military funding needs to first be justified.

If funding didn't need to be justified, you could literally go to your nation's military, say you want funding to build a giant space laser, and then run away with the money without any consequences.

You realize that the US military has record high spending, right?

In order to increase it further, the military needs to give some sort of valud reason, that's not begging, its called bureaucracy.

Who knows what the USAF is currently working on right now at some black site that will dominate the future.

Black projects need no congressional approval.

The F-22 is decades old and still unparalleled. And that wasn’t even a black project

Once again, the US military is not only the biggest military spender in the world
Not difficult to do when you buy $1,280 coffee cups

Not to mention the forever wars where the US spent decades (and will spend more) blowing up sand dunes. If we're talking about effective military spending, i.e., money going into building up military capability, it's not at all clear that the US is the biggest military spender in the world.
Even in China the PLA has to justify military spending, in order to gain more funds. Its a part of the process of having a military with civilian supremacy.
The difference is that the PLA is allocated a predictable share of the Chinese economy. This certainty gives the PLA the scope to conduct long-term planning and structure its acquisition and doctrine accordingly; the results of this method speak for themselves.

Contrast this with the US military which has to come up with all sorts of boondoggles and grifts to justify even a constant share of the US economy. Every Congressional budget session is an adventure. The results of this method are also obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes: $1,280 coffee cups and all the rest of the fraud.

This can be summarized in two pictures. The Chinese way produces this
vrizym3xe7z21.jpg

while the American way produces this
uss-zumwalt-san-diego-1800.jpg

The only difference is China doesn't make it public, the US does.
It's not the only difference, as I've already pointed out. There's something to be said for a state conducting itself with dignity, but then again, when has dignity ever associated itself with America?
If funding didn't need to be justified, you could literally go to your nation's military, say you want funding to build a giant space laser, and then run away with the money without any consequences.
I think you just uncovered the Pentagon's next grift.

It's a shame that these people are talking about a near-future timeline like 2027 or 2035 but about developing things that kill, not something more interesting and humane like a unified, international settlement on Mars by then.

Why can't they invest the same financial, material and human resources into a unified manned Mars program ?

If the CCP weren't a bunch of thieves NASA and the CNSA would actually work together , NASA even wanted to work with the Chinese but of course China isn't known to be original as always and the government decided it isn't safe working with people who can take your tech.

CNSA isn't bad and honestly I want to see the CNSA and NASA work together and I feel like they might in the future , but for now China has to show it has a edge over the U.S space program and it can crack down on anyone trying to copy or steal other's hard work.

I would take China seriously the day they become original again , now they're a unoriginal and run by a dictator.
Is this the same guy that got banned from SinoDefenceForum for trolling?

Truth hurts eh :sarcastic:
Oh please spare with this BS ... :hitwall:

Ignore the 50 cent nibba , when the F-22 came out China still had 3rd and 4th gen aircrafts.

If the CCP weren't a bunch of thieves NASA and the CNSA would actually work together , NASA even wanted to work with the Chinese but of course China isn't known to be original as always and the government decided it isn't safe working with people who can take your tech.

I believe this is the reason the American government didn't allow the Chinese to participate in the International Space Station program.

I would take China seriously the day they become original again , now they're a unoriginal and run by a dictator.

Yes, the Chinese use a copy of the USSR-vintage Soyuz spacecraft for their manned program. Three people only on the space capsule. Whereas the SpaceX Starship is meant to take 100 people to space.

Yes, China has to innovate.

Not difficult to do when you buy $1,280 coffee cups

Not to mention the forever wars where the US spent decades (and will spend more) blowing up sand dunes. If we're talking about effective military spending, i.e., money going into building up military capability, it's not at all clear that the US is the biggest military spender in the world.

The difference is that the PLA is allocated a predictable share of the Chinese economy. This certainty gives the PLA the scope to conduct long-term planning and structure its acquisition and doctrine accordingly; the results of this method speak for themselves.

Contrast this with the US military which has to come up with all sorts of boondoggles and grifts to justify even a constant share of the US economy. Every Congressional budget session is an adventure. The results of this method are also obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes: $1,280 coffee cups and all the rest of the fraud.

This can be summarized in two pictures. The Chinese way produces this
vrizym3xe7z21.jpg

while the American way produces this
uss-zumwalt-san-diego-1800.jpg

It's not the only difference, as I've already pointed out. There's something to be said for a state conducting itself with dignity, but then again, when has dignity ever associated itself with America?

I think you just uncovered the Pentagon's next grift.
Bro, you're literally moving the goal post, and arguing strawmen.

Your point was that the US military has to beg, and China doesn't. I said neither have to beg, and all you did was prove nothing, while moving the goalposts forward.

Just stop.

PLAAF now needs some real combat exhibitions. The air forces of US, Russis, UK and France all have real combat records over the last 20 years. So do both Pakistan and India. It will certainly help PLAAF to assess and modify their combat readiness and requirements accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom