What's new

China conducts flight landing on aircraft carrier

根据央视官方微博消息:中国首艘航母“辽宁”号今早完成舰载机起降训练靠岸,中航工业沈飞集团董事长、总经理罗阳突发心脏病,离舰便送医,11时许去世,未能参加今晚的庆功晚宴。在他的带领下,中国的航空工业实现了从陆地到海洋的跨越。向中国军工技术开拓者致敬!

CCTV official microblogging message: China's first aircraft carrier "Liaoning" this morning to complete carrier-based aircraft taking off and landing training dock, Shen Fei, China Aviation Industry Group chairman, general manager Luo Yang suffered a heart attack, they rushed to the hospital from the ship, 11o'clock died, was unable to attend the celebration dinner tonight. Under his leadership, China's aviation industry to achieve leap from land to ocean. To pay tribute to the Chinese military technology pioneers! (translated by Google)

Heart attack

Dude needs to control his emotion and cholesterol intake... This is a loss

根据央视官方微博消息:中国首艘航母“辽宁”号今早完成舰载机起降训练靠岸,中航工业沈飞集团董事长、总经理罗阳突发心脏病,离舰便送医,11时许去世,未能参加今晚的庆功晚宴。在他的带领下,中国的航空工业实现了从陆地到海洋的跨越。向中国军工技术开拓者致敬!

CCTV official microblogging message: China's first aircraft carrier "Liaoning" this morning to complete carrier-based aircraft taking off and landing training dock, Shen Fei, China Aviation Industry Group chairman, general manager Luo Yang suffered a heart attack, they rushed to the hospital from the ship, 11o'clock died, was unable to attend the celebration dinner tonight. Under his leadership, China's aviation industry to achieve leap from land to ocean. To pay tribute to the Chinese military technology pioneers! (translated by Google)

Heart attack

Congrats to China, it looks like they are going for the US style of carrier management, which makes sense as the US is the most experienced with Carriers bar none. What i've heard is ~2 years or so for full carrier group operability.

Congrats to China, it looks like they are going for the US style of carrier management, which makes sense as the US is the most experienced with Carriers bar none. What i've heard is ~2 years or so for full carrier group operability.

We alway want to learn from the best of the best...not from the second best. I'm pretty sure that China has studied for long time about how other countries had organized and managed their aircraft carriers, seem that U.S way is more effective and way to go.

great to see china bring the su33 legacy back to life :tup:

"against the odds" is a stretch. china after all spends 150Biliion$ on its military, second only to US. it would be criminal not to come up with good stuff

congrats :cheers:

deleted not to feed troll!

breaking news

ceo of SAC died on liaoning ACC today because of heart attack

Luohua our hero

no. because hard working. and maybe too excited to see his J15 landing on ACC and cause heart attack. RIP our hero.
:cry:

Heart attack

that is bad news! RIP for Luo and condolences to his family!

Dude needs to control his emotion and cholesterol intake... This is a loss

It's the high degree spirits like 五粮液 茅台 and smoking that damage their health most severely I guess

They guy contributed a lot to the fighters design and technology. A sad moment followed after China made headlines yesterday. Was the guy in his 50 or 60s ?

Just found out he turned 51 this year, too young to pass away. He shall be remembered, RIP

False!

The development of J-15 is based on the reverse engineering of a T-10-K3 prototype bought from Ukraine, at that time Su-33 didn't exist yet.

We can say that both Su-33 and J-15 are developped from this T-10K3 (T-10-K1 and T-10-K2 are not mature prototype, and T-10-20KTM can't even fly...), so officially there is not a question of illegal copy.

J-11A (from Su-27SK) and J-16 (from Su-30MKK) are an another question...

:coffee:

Actually, the J-15, J-11B, J-16 can be considered unique aircraft since all of their installed components are sourced from domestic companies and has been upgraded with 5th generation technology. Only the airframe design remains similar to the Flanker series; in fact, even the airframe itself has been upgraded with radar absorbent material (decreases RCS by eight times) and composites (saves 700 kg of weight).

Actually, the J-15, J-11B, J-16 can be considered unique aircraft since all of their installed components are sourced from domestic companies and has been upgraded with 5th generation technology. Only the airframe design remains similar to the Flanker series; in fact, even the airframe itself has been upgraded with radar absorbent material (decreases RCS by eight times) and composites (saves 700 kg of weight).

For your last two points you should talk about J-11B but not the two other one, right? And it's comparing to J-11A if I'm not wrong -

OAfEy.jpg

hcCsJ.jpg

But in an another hand, 601th institut has also made a lot of "bad" tries by trying to apply composite where it shouldn't be -

ONOPm.jpg

EsaCW.jpg

IiuRO.jpg

HPjJB.jpg

vJ66d.jpg

Reverse engineering is really not an easy job, sometime you have to spend more time that the original designer to understand why this or this piece is designed like this, is applied with this material, and is assembled with this piece here...etc.

That's the reason for why each time I hear someone laughts on this kind of projects by using a sily argument "Copy/Paste" this just makes me laught - Those who say this, for sure, don't work in aircraft design, or simply don't even work in any industrial conception.

Reverse engineering might be a way to learn, but not sure that the learning curve is short and efficient. Finally only your own design is "really" yours, this also makes the further upgrade more easier, because you really "understand" and have full control on what you're doing...

If I can, I would even suggest our Indian friends to do some reverse engineering works, this might help them a lot to progress faster.

:coffee:

Smart people aren't the ones who make the same mistakes like others. Smart people are the ones who follow the best of the best and avoid mistakes that the pioneers made. The Chinese are definitely doing so. We call them the gurus of reverse engineering. But if you look at their developing military industrial complex, I'd go as far to say that they will form the second largest military industrial complex after the US. Their designs and technologies are on way to surpass the Russian designs and technologies. The Chinese are using more Western style tech than Russia did in over 50 years. So congratulations to China on their success, whether I like it or not, you guys have come a long way!

Congratulations on behalf of all Pakistan -- to Chinese Air Force and Naval Aviation for this landmark feat.

Well done!

:china::pakistan:

no. because hard working. and maybe too excited to see his J15 landing on ACC and cause heart attack. RIP our hero.
:cry:

Shengyang aircrafts have served PAF well too. So it would be a sad day for Pakistan as well.

I wish he could have been around to witness the historic moment.

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom