What's new

China 'committed' to develop military ties with India

They have published such a news..(just searched..lol)
War With US 'Inevitable' Say Communist Chinese Defense Minister

What a useless source. :lol:

Give me a link to the actual article.

from the looks of it, CD seems to believe the Indian media more than Indians themselves, going by how many times he posted the ndtv links as "proof"

I obviously don't believe their angle, that China is "evil and dangerous". :no:

I believe it gives a good look into the mindset of the people who demand such stories. And goes some way to explain the hostility that Indians show for Chinese people.

When the entire national media follows this angle, it is completely understandable.

Give me a link to the actual article.

I obviously don't believe their angle, that China is "evil and dangerous". :no:

I believe it gives a good look into the mindset of the people who demand such stories. And goes some way to explain the hostility that Indians show for Chinese people.

When the entire national media follows this angle, it is completely understandable.

What hostility do Indians have against the Chinese? :what:

The two links I gave, the first one was from NDTV, and the second one was quoted from the Indian Army.

Neither of which can be dismissed as tabloid junk.

NDTV is in fact supposed to be one of the more highly regarded sources.

Obviously I won't be talking about "Times Now".

lol google niira radia

CD, despite the cynicism I implore you to consider that regardless of the publications, hardly any sane person would believe those kind of reports.
Just because The National Enquirer still sells in US doesn't mean average american reads and believes the BS they print.

You're asking me to think that the majority of Indian people who read/watch Indian media... can automatically tell when they are giving out facts, and when they are scaremongering?

I think that you are overestimating the people who watch such things.

If the Hong Kong media started scaremongering like that, I would be worried too. And Hong Kong has one of the highest education levels in the world, so they should be better able to tell the difference.

lets agree to disagree CD.
I can't help it, optimism is in my DNA. I still feel better sense will ultimately prevail on both sides of the border.
As someone who is about to marry a chinese, it would suck to see the two countries go to war.

lets agree to disagree CD.
I can't help it, optimism is in my DNA. I still feel better sense will ultimately prevail on both sides of the border.
As someone who is about to marry a chinese, it would suck to see the two countries go to war.

Well, there is nothing that you or I can do about it. :azn:

Both countries are trying to expand their influence in the same area of the world, and both countries are chasing after scarce resources. Coupled with rising and inexorable waves of nationalism in both countries...

Well, we'll see what happens. I doubt there will be a war, but it could get much worse than what we're currently seeing.

Give me a link to the actual article..
I'm sorry i cant read chinese..If that news source is not credible,leave it..
believe it gives a good look into the mindset of the people who demand such stories. And goes some way to explain the hostility that Indians show for Chinese people.

It is not like they are churning up anti china articles daily..You yourself are quoting from two articles written in 2009 and slandering the entire 5000+ indian news outlets and drawing your conclusion on indian mindset based on that..It seems pathetic to me but you are free to believe whatever you want.

Well, there is nothing that you or I can do about it. :azn:

Both countries are trying to expand their influence in the same area of the world, and both countries are chasing after scarce resources. Coupled with rising and inexorable waves of nationalism in both countries...

Well, we'll see what happens. I doubt there will be a war, but it could get much worse than what we're currently seeing.

me being me: the two nations have coexisted peacefully for centuries, there's no reason why we can't achieve that again

me being me: the two nations have coexisted peacefully for centuries, there's no reason why we can't achieve that again

Me being me: There are not enough resources in the entire world, for all the developing countries to become "developed" countries.

So, who gets to have a high standard of living, and who has to stay poor?

Someone is going to get left behind, and I would prefer it NOT to be my brothers and sisters on the mainland.

The world simply cannot sustain 6 billion people living at the American/Japanese standard of living. Unless we somehow manage to break the second law of thermodynamics.

^american/japanese standards of living are becoming obsolete IMHO. forget about developing countries (china, India), even developed countries will be forced to change and acquire more sustainable levels of lifestyle and that will happen across the board including developing countries.

Back
Top Bottom