What's new

China Civilian Nuclear Industry, Technology, Exports and Supply Chain: News & Discussions

USA already have them. They stuff 30 years worth of fuel at a time and dispose it once the life is over. The reactor is completely sealed for its entire lifetime.
177528.jpg

It would be able to generate 10 megawatts of heat

So this is 10 MWt (thermal)? That will make it the world's smallest nuclear plant, wish them make it happen.

For small nuclear reactor, there are numerous techs involved, and are very diverse. As of now:

World's smallest is Bilibino co-generation plant, operating in a remote corner of Siberia, Russia, with four small units. These four 62 MWt (thermal) units are an unusual graphite-moderated boiling water design with water/steam channels through the moderator. They produce steam for district heating and 11 MWe (net) electricity each, 44 MWe in total. They have performed well since 1976, much more cheaply than fossil fuel alternatives in the Arctic region.​

The most advanced small modular reactor project is in China, where Chinergy is starting to build the 210 MWe (net) HTR-PM, which consists of twin 250 MWt (thermal) high-temperature gas-cooled reactors (HTRs) which build on the experience of several innovative reactors in the 1960s to 1980s.

Source: http://www.world-nuclear.org/inform...er-reactors/small-nuclear-power-reactors.aspx

Last edited:
Not as small as the Chinese intended one.

US is generally way ahead in nuclear industry and supply chain. Even China imports some pretty high value added components from the US. US nuclear submarines and their reactors are an engineering marvel, with record minimal noise.

:hitwall:
US is generally way ahead in nuclear industry and supply chain. Even China imports some pretty high value added components from the US. US nuclear submarines and their reactors are an engineering marvel, with record minimal noise.

Load of craps again? Any source? How about this?

Advanced Nuclear Power Reactors
  • CNNC & CGN (China): Hualong One
  • SNPTC (China): CAP1400
  • Toshiba-Westinghouse (Japan): AP1000
  • Mitsubishi (Japan): APWR, Atmea1
  • GE-Hitachi (Japan-US): ABWR, ESBWR, PRISM
  • KHNP (South Korea): APR1400
  • Areva (France): EPR, Atmea1, Kerena
  • Rosatom (Russia): AES-92, AES-2006, VVER-TOI etc
  • Candu (Canada): EC6

Last edited:
Nuclear submarine is not equal to nuclear power plant
Is there a miniature nuclear power plant in the United States?
Although Americans have been to the moon,but we cannot say that Americans can live on the moon.

Last edited:
Load of craps again? Any source? How about this?

Advanced Nuclear Power Reactors
  • CNNC & CGN (China): Hualong One
  • SNPTC (China): CAP1400Areva (France): EPR, Atmea1, Kerena
  • Toshiba-Westinghouse (Japan): AP1000
  • Mitsubishi (Japan): APWR, Atmea1
  • GE-Hitachi (Japan-US): ABWR, ESBWR, PRISM
  • KHNP (South Korea): APR1400
  • Rosatom (Russia): AES-92, AES-2006, VVER-TOI etc
  • Candu (Canada): EC6
http://www.world-nuclear.org/inform...reactors/advanced-nuclear-power-reactors.aspx

Again, what this lists is the companies that claim to build final electricity producing reactors. Westinghouse and GE are american companies. Westinghouse might have been sold to the Japanese, but all of its facilities, expertise remain in the US.

US has far more experience and funded far more in defense research into nuclear industry than any other nation.

These are the salient points which make me believe that US is far advanced than any other country in advanced defense related nuclear power plants, and its supply chain.

1. US is the founder of the field. US had the greatest bunch of people right at the very start.

2. US has had the best Universities, best talent training programs, best funding. Hence, US has had the best talent and human resources in Nuclear Value Chain.

3. Consistent funding. The highest defense budgets with exceptional programs.

4. A consistent track-record of being significantly better at its peers in defense equipment. Take aviation for instance. There is nothing that touches planes like B2 and SR 71. Then US has whole host of other weapon systems.

5. US Navy assessments of noise of submarines:

noise_sub.jpg

6. US experience, and broadly that of the west in precision industry and metallurgy.

7. US dominance in research. Science and Technology, US still has the best and brightest minds of the world.

Again, what this lists is the companies that claim to build final electricity producing reactors. Westinghouse and GE are american companies. Westinghouse might have been sold to the Japanese, but all of its facilities, expertise remain in the US.

US has far more experience and funded far more in defense research into nuclear industry than any other nation.

These are the salient points which make me believe that US is far advanced than any other country in advanced defense related nuclear power plants, and its supply chain.

1. US is the founder of the field. US had the greatest bunch of people right at the very start.

2. US has had the best Universities, best talent training programs, best funding. Hence, US has had the best talent and human resources in Nuclear Value Chain.

4. A consistent track-record of being significantly better at its peers in defense equipment. Take aviation for instance. There is nothing that touches planes like B2 and SR 71. Then US has whole host of other weapon systems.

View attachment 343228

6. US experience, and broadly that of the west in precision industry and metallurgy.

7. US dominance in research. Science and Technology, US still has the best and brightest minds of the world.

Yes but it still can't beat China in supercomputer for already many years :enjoy:

And pls for god sake. Stop spreading malicious lies with that chart. Long proven bogus just like the recent news of China UN soldier abandon post.

View attachment 343228

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Bull crap logic, China is the founder of gun powder so? When does stealing Nazi secret become "founder" ?

2 Best universities? Ranked by whom? You? Themselves?

3 Funding? Hilarious, their money get wasted, stolen? Like that missing $6.5 trillion? http://global.bing.com/news/search?q=US+fund+unaccounted+for+army&FORM=HDRSC6

4 We talk A and you say B, are we talking about nuclear reactor or your BS? Hey I gave you World Nuclear Org, and you gave me your own pipe dream?

5 Hilarious, when does reactor has to do with sub stealth?

6 Precision industry? US don't even make 5-axis and above CNC, all imported, you tell me they lead in imports or what? And what metallurgy? Most advnaced steep corps not there, or you name me one? just one?

7 Based on what? You dream? I can show you WIPO data, how about that? You live in your own la la land or what?

Last edited:

View attachment 343228

The U.S.A have the best, there is no doubt as they have been doing this for a very long time. But one thing lacking is the political will to carry through on many projects.

As China catches up technology wise, and combined with a decisive and iron willed leadership of technocrats even the Americans can be surpassed. Just give another half century, you will probably still be alive then.

Also, why do you always bring up American achievements to downplay Chinese ones? Are you not a proud child of glorious Bharat? How is Bharat doing anyways? Still at the mercy of rainfall and monsoons for growth and crop yields? Onion prices oppressing the masses? Lets not talk nuclear power and reactors, Bharat is still preoccupied with primary industry and bollywood.

By the way, have the issue of grain rotting in the fields for lack of proper storage been resolved yet? Such a simple task yet so difficult to fix the last 6 decades.

Yes but it still can't beat China in supercomputer for already many years :enjoy:

And pls for god sake. Stop spreading malicious lies with that chart. Long proven bogus just like the recent news of China UN soldier abandon post.

For the umpteenth time, China is not ahead of US in supercomputing.

And where did you prove that the chart is wrong?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Bull crap logic, China is the founder of gun powder so? When does stealing Nazi secret become "founder" ?

2 Best universities? Ranked by whom? You? Themselves?

3 Funding? Hilarious, their money get wasted, stolen? Like that missing $6.5 trillion? http://global.bing.com/news/search?q=US+fund+unaccounted+for+army&FORM=HDRSC6

4 We talk A and you say B, are we talking about nuclear reactor or your BS? Hey I gave you World Nuclear Org, and you gave me your own pipe dream?

5 Hilarious, when does reactor has to do with sub stealth?

6 Precision industry? US don't even make 5-axis and above CNC, all imported, you tell me they lead in imports or what? And what metallurgy? Most advnaced steep corps not there, or you name me one? just one?

7 Based on what? You dream? I can show you WIPO data, how about that? You live in your own la la land or what?

2. By everyone, even Chinese themselves. Look up Shanghai Rankings. Also, even Chinese kids, the best of the best, flock to academic Meccas like MIT, Harvard, and Stanford.

3. US spends money with some efficiency.

4. A country's capability to innovate, research, and create defense equipment shows in all fields, when there is one.

5. Reactor and related quieting technologies are central to producing a stealthy sub.

6. The things US doesn't make, it imports, both the expertise, talent, and equipment from its allies. Means it has the access to it.

7. Ya show the WIPO data, and see for yourselves, US leads in international PCT patent filings.

The monsoons contribute to growth and food security as well as food inflation.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...soon-shaktikanta-das/articleshow/53890083.cms
wow....it feels like in stone age.....
They don't have irrigation or reservoirs?

http://www.newslaundry.com/2016/03/10/why-india-might-become-water-scarce-by-2025/

In a country where 74% of farmland is not irrigated and water shortages are growing–this report by EA Water,

For the umpteenth time, China is not ahead of US in supercomputing.

And where did you prove that the chart is wrong?

2. By everyone, even Chinese themselves. Look up Shanghai Rankings. Also, even Chinese kids, the best of the best, flock to academic Meccas like MIT, Harvard, and Stanford.

3. US spends money with some efficiency.

4. A country's capability to innovate, research, and create defense equipment shows in all fields, when there is one.

5. Reactor and related quieting technologies are central to producing a stealthy sub.

6. The things US doesn't make, it imports, both the expertise, talent, and equipment from its allies. Means it has the access to it.

7. Ya show the WIPO data, and see for yourselves, US leads in international PCT patent filings.

Where is your response to my first point?

2 BS, I say Tsinghua is the best. Best of best flock to US? Are u kidding me or you just refer to indians?

3 You call $6.5T stolen = efficiency?

4 BS again, sure let's talk one by one, in other thread, I bet China leads. Now advanced reactor, China leads, so?

5 Central my bud, I dare you open a thread, saying reactor is central to sub stealth, try?

6 What, you call "imports" a tech achievement? LMAO!

7 PCT is ONLY necessary when a patent is needed in multiple markets, you don't know? LOL

(thanks for the information from @Shotgunner51 's previous replies about patents)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom