What's new

China Civil Aviation, AVIC (MA600) & COMAC (ARJ21/C919/C929)

By the way ... any news - maybe a second flight - of the C919 prototype ?

The Russian MS-21 already had its second flight.

china is NOT russia . both have nothing in common . Please DON'T compare

Why not !? Both have a similar type at a similar stage of testing at hand and both want to reach with that product the same market at around the same time with similar performances. Even more COMAC has several years of Airbus flight testing experiences behind ... so it's more than reasonable to compare both even if both surely have a different approach to do their things.

Fact is however that even the MS-21's second flight is "late" in comparison to A & B's flight testing schedules.

Deino

By the way ... any news - maybe a second flight - of the C919 prototype ?

The Russian MS-21 already had its second flight.
It is waiting for the 5th runway of Pudong Airport which is specially built for C919 flight test.

I do not want to hurry, but the MS.21 already logged 5 flights !

I do not want to hurry, but the MS.21 already logged 5 flights !

We have different schedules. Dont troll!

If MS 21 is successful, we will buy less Airbus and Boeing. Who are going to suffer from the Russian's success?

Russians: hurry up and make your plane a success while we are jointly planning and making C929.

Another beauty in the sky is soon emerging!!!

149724217047.jpeg

comac_uac_model.jpg

images

We have different schedules. Dont troll!

If MS 21 is successful, we will buy less Airbus and Boeing. Who are going to suffer from the Russian's success?

Russians: hurry up and make your plane a success while we are jointly planning and making C929.

Another beauty in the sky is soon emerging!!!

Ohhh come on ! why are some of You immedeatly upset by a simple question and deem that as trolling ?? Some seem to be a bit overly sensitive !!!

It is a legit question since both types indeed want to compete with A&B ... so what's Your problem?

BY the way Your "Another beauty in the sky is soon" is nice but as long as the C919 is not flying regularly no-one will take this beauty seriously.

Ohhh come on ! why are some of You immedeatly upset by a simple question and deem that as trolling ?? Some seem to be a bit overly sensitive !!!

It is a legit question since both types indeed want to compete with A&B ... so what's Your problem?

BY the way Your "Another beauty in the sky is soon" is nice but as long as the C919 is not flying regularly no-one will take this beauty seriously.

Just a plain response to your #587
no need to hype it up any further
legitimacy depends on the interpretation of the readers and the real intention of the writer
C919 and 929 are 2 different configs and make. dont you know?

images

Just a plain response to your #587
no need to hype it up any further
legitimacy depends on the interpretation of the readers and the real intention of the writer
C919 and 929 are 2 different configs and make. dont you know?

images

Pardon, the C919 was never mentioned by me and I'm fully aware that both are in no way related, especially that the current C919's flight testing !

However You did not dive an answer other than accusations I should not provoke or hype ... so what happened with these tests?
Is there a reason for no additional flight?

Deino

Pardon, the C919 was never mentioned by me and I'm fully aware that both are in no way related, especially that the current C919's flight testing !

However You did not dive an answer other than accusations I should not provoke or hype ... so what happened with these tests?
Is there a reason for no additional flight?

Deino

@589 you said this didnt you?

"BY the way Your "Another beauty in the sky is soon" is nice but as long as the C919 is not flying regularly no-one will take this beauty seriously."

so let's end our conversation here.

14ebb2eedb46a46ec7313f484436e89a.jpg

Last edited:
@589 you said this didnt you?

"BY the way Your "Another beauty in the sky is soon" is nice but as long as the C919 is not flying regularly no-one will take this beauty seriously."

so let's end our conversation here.

14ebb2eedb46a46ec7313f484436e89a.jpg

Agreed but that quote of Your own post was not relevant in any way to my question: why no more flights ?? ... and I hope that is not again taken as an offence but simply a legit question.

Deino

Chinese insurer makes hefty investment in homemade jetliner
Xinhua, August 10, 2017

China's Huatai Insurance Group on Wednesday signed a cooperation agreement with the country's domestic aviation manufacturer to invest 15 billion yuan ($2.25 billion) of insurance funds into its homemade passenger jet project.

Under an agreement with the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC), the Shanghai-based manufacturer of China's first homegrown large passenger jet, the C919, investment will be made through a 10-year renewable debt investment plan.

This is the first such investment made by insurers to COMAC, and the aviation manufacturer can choose to renew the plan when the investment matures 10 years later.

The 15-billion-yuan insurance fund, provided by Huatai Asset Management, the investment arm of Huatai Insurance Group, will be used in R&D, investment, construction and operation of COMAC's civil aviation projects, according to the agreement.

COMAC board chairman He Dongfeng said the debt investment plan marks a significant step in the support from insurance funds to the real economy and emerging strategic industries, which fits COMAC's great need for initial investment.

R&D and production of passenger jets demand long-term and persistent input of personnel, technology and funds, and insurance funds can meet such demands as they are large in scale and stable in supply, said Chen Wenhui, vice-chairman of China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC).

China's insurance regulator has expected insurance funds to invest in major projects that will play a significant role in boosting the economy, rather than using leveraged money on short-term speculation.

Chen said the CIRC will further improve its policies to encourage insurance funds to support the real economy and serve national development strategies as well as major projects.

By the end of June, the combined assets of China's insurance sector totaled 16.4 trillion yuan, official data showed.

http://china.org.cn/business/2017-08/10/content_41385365.htm

Finally some news ...

http://www.comac.cc/xwzx/gsxw/201709/06/t20170906_5641131.shtml

Looks like another flight ??
a050.gif
C919 on the morning of 06 September 2017 for the first time at the 5th runway of the Pudong Airport carried out the sliding test, the successful completion of the high speed linear slide, normal brake, emergency brake, brake and brake system backup, slip resistance test, multiple test points. C919 aircraft crew members also participated in the boarding test task. "This is also the first time close contact of the aircraft tyres with that runway after runway completion". Deputy General Manager, COMAC C919 airliner chief designer, Wu Guanghui, in the command hall of the test center overseeing the on-site guidance test works.

One of the more important developments in Chinese aviation. It won't be something that happen in the immediate future but the fact that a civilian aero-engine program is already in play for the C919 and close enough to a finished product that an insider can predict its use in a mass produced aircraft is groundbreaking for China. It means the aero-engine industry, long a weak point, is rapidly maturing.

I am not allowed to link yet but the story is from Global Times.

Back
Top Bottom