What's new

China Civil Aviation, AVIC (MA600) & COMAC (ARJ21/C919/C929)

Possibility of C919 to be as an "AWACS"? could be depend on the engine development
OyojM6i.png

Check this out, can you find another group like these with such "Passion, Hard work" while enable us to just comfortably staying home to enjoy the achievement of their efforts, got to gave my biggest "salute" to them:china::china::china::china::china:
yhcBxj5.png
hT40CqG.jpg
ToqEysK.jpg
oaGjbbC.jpg
1GgrGXq.jpg
1nmPcSu.jpg
i0TpzVw.jpg
ntNoKvq.jpg

Just wondering Chinese market share in Canon and Nikon's DSLR global sales. :cheesy:

:rolleyes:
I work as an AME(Mechanical)and has a btech in aeronautical for private Indian carriers and have done maintanace work on engines and aircraft (both wide and narrow body)and a large variety of engines.
Lol dude I don't need internet to answer that noob question that you just asked a high bypass engine developes almost 75-90%thrust from the outer duct flow without flowing through the core of the engine assisted by the work provided by the main fan blades almost all the commercial engines work this way today this increases efficiency and reduces engine noise eg are ge90,RR Trent xwb(ultra bypass),cfm leap...
A low bypass engine are older generation engines which are very rarely used today and only used when their is a space constraint here the flow is mainly through the engine core only and the efficiency is very less also the engine sound is very high and rerely used today.
Try harder next time
Also kindly tell me about what exactly is it that you do for NASA
I am doing research how to enhance agility, maneuverability of next generation fighter jet without using thrust vectoring engine because those TVC engine is maintenance prone

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. That good.
After all it was NASA who developed the high bypass engine with gearing and P&W implement this technology into their engines but P&w messed up I hope the problem gets sorted out soon
So what qualifications do you hold?
Master in aerodynamics and aeronautics from Washington state university

Guys ... STOP, STOP immediately with these off-topic-posts, national rants and responses ....

The next one who replies with more such BS will get an warning for a time-out.

Deino

It's time to think the flight refueling version, P-8 version and AWAC version of C919.:D

They need significant modification to do that, which including replacing many of the key subsystem, you may just simply design a new plane instead.

C919 have many subsystems from the foreign supplier, not just for technique reasons, but for accquiring FAA liscences to enter oversea market etc.

And no, COMAC cannot live without foreign market even if China's domestic market is big enough: To reduce potential air crash, since 2005 or so, China's airliners have a general operation policy to only buy/rent the very newly bulit planes, and retire them after 8-10 years of service and sell them to oversea airliners.

So if COMAC's product cannot grab FAA liscence, that will mean basically no oversea airliners will buy them, which will significantly increase the real cost of their prodcuts to China's domestic airliners.

The whole purpose of having a COMAC instead of building C919 and the like in AVIC instead is to avoid such situation, so COMAC will remain a civil aircraft producer in the feasible future.

They need significant modification to do that, which including replacing many of the key subsystem, you may just simply design a new plane instead.

C919 have many subsystems from the foreign supplier, not just for technique reasons, but for accquiring FAA liscences to enter oversea market etc.

And no, COMAC cannot live without foreign market even if China's domestic market is big enough: To reduce potential air crash, since 2005 or so, China's airliners have a general operation policy to only buy/rent the very newly bulit planes, and retire them after 8-10 years of service and sell them to oversea airliners.

So if COMAC's product cannot grab FAA liscence, that will mean basically no oversea airliners will buy them, which will significantly increase the real cost of their prodcuts to China's domestic airliners.

The whole purpose of having a COMAC instead of building C919 and the like in AVIC instead is to avoid such situation, so COMAC will remain a civil aircraft producer in the feasible future.

How about remove all foreign subsystem for flight refueling version, P-8 version and AWAC version? we don't need FAA license for military version of C919.

How about remove all foreign subsystem for flight refueling version, P-8 version and AWAC version? we don't need FAA license for military version of C919.

Ususually the west/american subsystem contractors can only obtain a export liscence to China on the condition of 'non-military use', if COMAC turn out to be military aircraft supplier, that will make such liscence alot harder to obtain.

Like I said before, the whole purpose of COMAC is to having a pure civil aircraft producer to make China access to international civil aircraft market, including obtain necessary airworthness certificate from FAA and the like easier, otherwise we have already have AVIC.

So just forget about puting COMAC's aircraft for military usage, it is not possible and meaningful to do so in the forseeable future, China military dont lack platform for any of the mission C919 can do, and dont lack research team to design platform just as capable, if not more, than C919 for specific military purpose.

Ususually the west/american subsystem contractors can only obtain a export liscence to China on the condition of 'non-military use', if COMAC turn out to be military aircraft supplier, that will make such liscence alot harder to obtain.

Like I said before, the whole purpose of COMAC is to having a pure civil aircraft producer to make China access to international civil aircraft market, including obtain necessary airworthness certificate from FAA and the like easier, otherwise we have already have AVIC.

So just forget about puting COMAC's aircraft for military usage, it is not possible and meaningful to do so in the forseeable future, China military dont lack platform for any of the mission C919 can do, and dont lack research team to design platform just as capable, if not more, than C919 for specific military purpose.

Bottom line, do as what US said and not as US did: they have converted plenty of civilian aircraft such B707 and others for military purpose and prevent other to do the same, I think it's about time for China to rewrite the rule of airworthness certificate and get recognize throughout the world.

interesting to see how nations use their civilian platform for military purpose.

Last edited:
More more nice CG of the military version of C919 (AWACS) 中国新预警机指日可待?C919或能改军用特种机
HX9yZnh.jpg
lK0amG7.jpg
XTrFk2X.jpg
4GNx1Uz.jpg
Pardon if this is a silly question... but WHY can't Y-20 be plotted for this task instead of teasing around the commercial C919 ???

Back
Top Bottom