What's new

China Civil Aviation, AVIC (MA600) & COMAC (ARJ21/C919/C929)

005Ayu5Ygy1ffaokrlp59j30zk0noq6i.jpg
005Ayu5Ygy1ffaokscpjwj30zk0nowh8.jpg

KEY DONN remembers WONG TSU

(Chinese spoken video)

This film, inspired and advised by Key Donn, is produced by Memory Community, a non-profit organization based in Washington state, USA. We make cinematically-driven "movie-memoir" for elderly people around the world. For more information of this film and other films, please visit www.memorycommunity.org to see the big picture. If interested, viewers can donate on the website to support our truly unique project. Simply go to the "Donation Door" section and follow the instructions. Thank you.

What an amazing documentary picture of two great Chinese engineers! Awesome!

Qian_Xuesen_L_and_Wong_Tsu.jpg

Qian Xuesen 钱学森 (L) and Wong Tsu 王助
(screenshot from 'KEY DONN remembers WONG TSU' video)
Wong Tsu (1893–1965; Chinese: 王助) was a Chinese aeronautical engineer. He has been recognized as the first engineer at Boeing. Wong Tsu was born in Beijing, China. At the age of 12, he was selected as a naval cadet, and at 16 he was sent to England to study naval engineering, then to the U.S. to study aeronautical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In the U.S. his name is sometimes inverted to Tsu Wong, to put the family name last, as is the western custom.

Wong Tsu graduated in 1916 from MIT. He then learned to fly at the Curtiss Flying Boat School in Buffalo, New York. In May 1916 the fledgling Boeing Aircraft Company hired him, and he helped design its first successful product, the Boeing Model C, more than 50 of which the U.S. Navy purchased. He also brought considerable expertise in wind tunnel testing to Boeing, and advised on the design of the Boeing Aerodynamical Chamber at the University of Washington. In 1917, after around a year at Boeing, he returned to China where he became chief secretary of the airline China National Aviation Corporation. His picture appears in the account of Central Aircraft Manufacturing Company, a joint venture between China and the Curtiss-Wright Corporation.

When the Kuomintang government was defeated in the Chinese civil war, Wong went to Taiwan where he became professor of aviation at Cheng Kung University. He died on March 4, 1965 in Tainan at the age of 71.

During his lifetime, Wong is believed to have had a hand in designing 30 aircraft. In 2004, at a time when Boeing was hoping to increase its ties to the Chinese aviation industry, Boeing unveiled a plaque and exhibit at its Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington, honoring his work as its first engineer. (Wiki)

Last edited:
Chinese-made large passenger jet #C919 takes off on its maiden flight. Here're some key development stages #XinhuaTV
:china::china::china::china::china::china::china::china: EIGHT counts for another remarkable achievement!!! JIAYOU!!!

C_CrKx8UIAAYAzU.jpg

SHANGHAI, May 5 (Xinhua) -- China sent its homegrown large passenger plane C919 into sky on Friday 2017-05-05, becoming one of the world's top makers of jumbo aircraft.

The flight makes China the fourth jumbo jet producer after the United States, Europe and Russia. It also marks a milestone for the Commercial Aircraft Corp of China (COMAC), the Shanghai-based manufacturer of C919.

C_Cu6wMWsAEFL4Y.jpg

C_Cu7FOWAAMVsSS.jpg

C_Cu76wXYAES0ym.jpg

C_Cu89mXYAEoLzA.jpg
Differs from the above clip,
This terse video clip focused on the LANDING part with CLOSE-UP LOOK!! :enjoy:

And it embeds a good reminder, after so many years some may have just forgotten the meaning of its name (like myself :P):

The "C" in the aircraft's name stands for both China and COMAC,
while 9 symbolizes "forever" in Chinese culture,
and 19 represents the 190 seats at maximum capacity.
A TOUCHING MOMENT... a lifetime remembrance :cheers:
C_DBtJ8UQAA8jQ5.jpg

C919 chief designer Wu Guanghui hugged with maiden flight test pilot Cai Jun after landing. Congratulations!
@xinfengcao 20170505

Last edited:
Why do you bring kaveri into this discussion that was truly uncalled for :disagree:i did not criticize anyone I was making a valid comment
The p&w engines are used by many Indian carriers like indigo & goair and are suffering a lot from it the LEAP which are used by the c 919s are problem free until now.
They are relatively new on Jet Engine development field as compare to US, Russian and EU there first engine WS-10 is in mass production for their J- series of number built# 400+ from 2009 and they are developing a replacement of western Leap engine is here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACAE_CJ-1000A
you come here for troll , i am reporting you:blah: and for your information LEAP engine is not from P & W its come from GE :enjoy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFM_International_LEAP

They are relatively new on Jet Engine development field as compare to US, Russian and EU there first engine WS-10 is in mass production for their J- series of number built# 400+ from 2009 and they are developing a replacement of western Leap engine is here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACAE_CJ-1000A
you come here for troll , i am reporting you:blah: and for your information LEAP engine is not from P & W its come from GE :enjoy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFM_International_LEAP
Ohh dear lord..
Comprehensive error from you part.i was not trolling here merely congratulating them on producing a great aircraft and using a western engine which will ensure better commonality with other aircraft which will ensure that this aircraft can be maintained easily by any customer all over the world

Dude don't teach me about commercial jet engines from your Wikipedia knowledge. I work in the commercial aviaton field and have worked on the CFM/GE engines. I never said LEAP was from p&w it's a joint venture between GE& safran. And their engines power 50%of the world narrow body segment.read comments propely before replying geez:disagree:
This is why I told choosing a western engine is better.the Russians have delveloped their own engines for their commercial aviaton and nobody bought their aircraft that's because they have to train their maintanance personal to repair these engines which is a costly affair.

That's why c 919 is different I think this aircraft will sell very well.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF CHINA'S CIVIL AVIATION INDUSTRY

01_Y-10.jpg

02_ARJ21.jpg

03_C919.jpg

04_Cheng_Bushi.jpg

05_C919_Key_Designers.jpg

06_Cheng_Bushi.jpg

07_C919_Roll-out.jpg

08_Cheng_Bushi.jpg

The long time passenger plane designer, Cheng Bushi, was seen holding the Chinese flag (R) during the first roll-off of C919, November 02, 2015 - he should be deeply attached to that great moment after spending so many years

09_China_s_future_aviation.jpg

Last edited:
Possibility of C919 to be as an "AWACS"? could be depend on the engine development
OyojM6i.png

Check this out, can you find another group like these with such "Passion, Hard work" while enable us to just comfortably staying home to enjoy the achievement of their efforts, got to gave my biggest "salute" to them:china::china::china::china::china:
yhcBxj5.png
hT40CqG.jpg
ToqEysK.jpg
oaGjbbC.jpg
1GgrGXq.jpg
1nmPcSu.jpg
i0TpzVw.jpg
ntNoKvq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom