What's new

China circled by chain of US anti-missile systems

absolutely true. while american hard power is extremely formidable, and visible, its soft power (aka propaganda machine) is even greater.

while the US military is often forced on the defensive and US companies do lose profits, the US propaganda machine is never on the defensive. it is on the attack against all rivals and enemies of the united states, 24 hours a day, every day of the year. it can twist fact into fiction and fiction into fact. aimed inward, it makes sure that americans will always obey their government at critical times and no serious threats arise.

and most of all, it makes it seem so natural.

China will spend less than 1.75% of GDP,it rise only upon the economic development,If there is no war this will always <2% of GDP

I do not think that China counts the non defence related factory output as part of GDP. This also help support Chinese defense spending.

absolutely true. while american hard power is extremely formidable, and visible, its soft power (aka propaganda machine) is even greater.

while the US military is often forced on the defensive and US companies do lose profits, the US propaganda machine is never on the defensive. it is on the attack against all rivals and enemies of the united states, 24 hours a day, every day of the year. it can twist fact into fiction and fiction into fact. aimed inward, it makes sure that americans will always obey their government at critical times and no serious threats arise.

I am not personally convinced it's all "propaganda" (I could be biased).

However, their ability to make it "seem so natural" is indeed on display indisputably in so many arenas.

-Sorry, to burst your bubble but the F-35 Lightning won't go to India in the next decade..There was a reason why it was brought up in the first place, and that was if India were to go with the LockHeed Martin F-16 Block 60 for the MMRCA contract. But from what I've been reading the EuroTyphoon is leading the polls, and we all know the pressure from the Kremlin on to Delhi on to purchasing more of their Military Hardware so their MIG-35 is still up there.

-So in conclusion, go for the F-16 and a F-35 Lightning or Two might come your way ;D

Advice to Indians; never trust the cunning American Govt until you actually get something, and then they try to blackmail you or maybe beg for more :devil: but if you think you can be a good servent to them then expect anything :chilli:

The US soft power is less of TV news but more of Hollywood and software.

I don't think the Indian government wants to commit itself in any strategic alliances, right now it just wants to get hold of the latest military weaponry from US or Russia to make its stand against Pakistan (and China so wishes the Indian media). But I agree with your thoughts, imagine what it would be like if we can peacefully settle our border disputes and enter into a non-invasion binding agreement with each other.

There is already a framework in place that has very huge potential -- the SCO, if India and Pakistan can join the SCO and all its members enter the non-invasion agreement to clear out any distrust between the neighboring countries, the SCO's sphere of influence can span the major part of Asia, just take a look at the map. The economic, energy, materials, technology, military and human resources in the SCO can really change the future of whole Asia and make all of us proud, think about it -- the strength of Europe and America are heavily based on their regional political stability and co-operations, no country can be a major world power if it can't even deal with its neighbors! But that's just wishful thinking, instead we have this mess in Asia since last century and still live under the heavy influence of former colonial powers, sigh...

I agree with you completely, However today there is major trust deficit between India and China, You'd agree China also did lot of things in recent past to annoy India, reg. Arunachal pradesh and visit of Indian PM as well as giving stapled visa to people of kashmir.

India only claims a small region of Askai chin from China, however can do without, and same can China do with whatever she says is hers. Anyways. There are larger things at stake here in subcontinent that is regional prosperity.
It will be this animosity and silly reasons that may give USA an opportunity to enter in this. They would want to stop china's progress and hegemony. and in the same also un-stabalize India.
Look who is to gain - yes the white man.
Who themselves are above all Religion etc ...but would want us to fight over small piece of land or in name of religion

Dude do you really think china needs to spend 80 Bn to take care of India :what: why are u mixing up things u guys are spending to be on par with US and suddenly you talk abt India which has nothing to do with it. At-least officially :hitwall:

US and the West have been saying that China has no reason to spend more on military development. Thanks to Indian officials and media! Whenever Indians have a move it's claimed to be countering China. India is demonstrating hostility to China only for the reason to get more support from US.

Now China could identify India's threat as an excuse for more budget on military expenditure. Thanks a lot to Indian media and a few hawkish officials.

I think China should double her military spending to 3&#37; GDP.

China is only preparing to guard sovereignty and to defend herself against military aggression of US.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom