What's new

China blocked India's NSG bid, but now wants help on South China Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

#hydra#

Reaction score
Country
India
BEIJING: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi is visiting India on a three-day tour from August 12. Wang would try to make efforts aimed at ensuring that Prime Minister Narendra Modidoes not join other countries in raising the controversial issue of South China Sea during the upcoming G20 meeting in early September.

China is extremely worried that several countries including the United States would raise the issue after an international tribunal rejecting Beijing's claims over ownership of much of the sea area recently. The ruling came after Philippines challenged Beijing's claim over much of the sea area at a tribunal constituted under the United NationsConvention of the Law of the Seas.

Beijing was not pleased by the guarded response from India which said that the UN convention should be effectively implemented, and all the relevant parties should cooperate in the effort. It does not want a discussion on the subject at G20, and wants India to not to join any country which is seeking a discussion.

China recently persuaded a meeting of ASEAN countries to keep the issue outside the joint communique but it is not sure of achieving a similar success at the G20 meet.

The Prime Minister is expected to meet Chinese president Xi Jinping and US presidentBarack Obama on the sidelines of the meeting in the Chinese city of Hangzhou during his three-day visit from September 3.

Wang is embarking on a three-nation tour that also includes Kenya and Uganda from August 9, the China's state media quoted foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying as saying. He will also meet Minister of External Affiars Sushma Swaraj in New Delhi besides Kenyan foreign minister Amina Mohamed. One of Wang's tasks during the upcoming New Delhi visit is to prepare the ground for a successful Modi-Xi meeting.

There have been a surge of problems in the India-China relationship in recent weeks. They included China's refusal to back India's case for membership of the Nuclear Suppliers Group, and recent reports of incursions by Chinese troops in the Ladakh border area.
http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url...717264&sig=AKOVD65hIGzMELUv1f263qVqi-jMNyKvHA

So what so we get in return? However, I am of the opinion that we should not compromise on that for anything.

It's a case of you-scratch-my-back-and-I'll-scratch-yours! We need to tell the Chinese that if they want our support, then they will need to stop acting churlish and stop blocking our entry in the NSG despite Pakistan's insistence and pressure to do so.

One can't have the noodles and eat it too, right? :azn:

I don't trust Chinese,we should not support them at any cost in south China sea issue. I rate alliance with south China sea countries over NAG membership.

you scratch my back i will scratch yours

There is no room for scratching in this. The only language understood by the Chinese is strength. First, support the international community in condemning the Chinese. Then later, tell them how we can scratch backs. Provided they stop doing nonsense in the NSG. Let them first deliver.

I doubt that there can be any compromise between China and India in this matter with respect to NSG. Even if China supports India in NSG, US or its allies may derail India's bid for NSG just to ensure that India does not lean towards China and they still keep a chip to negotiate at a later time.

Another option will be to piss China off by making the loudest noise in G20 - it may help in sending the message that we cann't be taken for granted, however China is not taking India for granted - the effort she made to derail our NSG bid and their reactions on the close position which we got there suggests so. Lastly, the sheer difference in our standing right now will make any such decision useless.

Better idea will be to de-link NSG and SCS and to cut another deal which helps India immensely. May be getting portions of Askai Chin back and some sort of favorable solution with respect to Arunachal Pradesh and disputed border? Use China's position to gain a strategic advantage for India.

Invite me when ever you have article like this...please :lol:

back to thread

China blocked India's NSG bid, but now wants help on South China Sea

This title is misleading, it should wrote, "China blocked India's NSG bid and warn India from bullsh1t over SCS":lol:, this is nothing but a sensational article for Indians to comfort themselves after NSG humiliation. :rofl: India don't have any leverage on China over SCS, Wang Yi went India to warn Modi from NOT making terrible miscalculation...end story :rofl:.

Indian people like to take China diplomacy initiative as sign of weakness, they judge from the India sensational media cover page article but don't know anyrhing behind door.

So what so we get in return? However, I am of the opinion that we should not compromise on that for anything.

Another humiliation for doing not enough for your compromise and concession :lol:

India should be the first one to raise the issue in the upcoming G20 meet.

You can try but will get ignore, likely India will be marginalized...don't forget we chair this G20.

India must tactfully use this leverage...

You don't have any leverage period.

you scratch my back i will scratch yours

India nail are not sharp enough to scratch our itchy back :rofl:

True the chinese will definitely never help us so we must not support them at any costs...

Talk like you help us with SAARC membership :disagree:, you should learn your selfishness lesson.

I doubt that there can be any compromise between China and India in this matter with respect to NSG. Even if China supports India in NSG, US or its allies may derail India's bid for NSG just to ensure that India does not lean towards China and they still keep a chip to negotiate at a later time.

Another option will be to piss China off by making the loudest noise in G20 - it may help in sending the message that we cann't be taken for granted, however China is not taking India for granted - the effort she made to derail our NSG bid and their reactions on the close position which we got there suggests so. Lastly, the sheer difference in our standing right now will make any such decision useless.

Better idea will be to de-link NSG and SCS and to cut another deal which helps India immensely. May be getting portions of Askai Chin back and some sort of favorable solution with respect to Arunachal Pradesh and disputed border? Use China's position to gain a strategic advantage for India.

Believe me you have zero option against China, for the XXX time that you guys want to use SCS as leverage against China to extract favors from us but got empty handed :rofl:. You can try again in G20 and hope India will not get another humiliation to bring back home. :lol:

As territorial dispute, here is our offer, give us South Tibet (AP) back or you will not get a single drop of our water in this region...is this a good deal? :lol:

This title is misleading, it should wrote, "China blocked India's NSG bid and warn India from bullsh1t over SCS":lol:, this is nothing but a sensational article for Indians to comfort themselves after NSG humiliation. :rofl: India don't have any leverage on China over SCS, Wang Yi went India to warn Modi from NOT making terrible miscalculation...end story :rofl:.

Indian people like to take China diplomacy initiative as sign of weakness, they judge from the India sensational media cover page article but don't know anyrhing behind door.

Yeah right! and you have a personal line to Wang Yi to know what goes behind close doors. If he was issuing a warning, he had no need to personally come to India. Would have been more effective and humiliating if he had issued it from there in Beijing. Common Chinese people on internet seem to find solace in the rise of China to offset their frustration of being crushed by the Party.

You can try but will get ignore, likely India will be marginalized...don't forget we chair this G20.

Ignored? Sure. Try ignoring US, UK, Canada, Australia and EU together with India.

You don't have any leverage period.

Says who? You?

India nail are not sharp enough to scratch our itchy back :rofl:

Careful, your back might be torn if it were any sharper.

Believe me you have zero option against China, for the XXX time that you guys want to use SCS as leverage against China to extract from favor from us but got empty handed :rofl:. You can try again in G20 and hope India will not get another humiliation to bring back home. :lol:

As territorial dispute, here is our offer, give us South Tibet (AP) back or you will not get a single drop of our water in this region...is this a good deal? :lol:

Yeah believe you! Who you are? Personal analyst to Weng? As far as not giving a single drop of water goes - give that threat to Bangladeshi, we will just divert more water from what flows in their country. Lastly, since it is a season of throwing troll threats, How about if we open a military base together with US in that region? Will be fun right? US from East US from South, nice sandwich mr Wong?

It's a case of you-scratch-my-back-and-I'll-scratch-yours! We need to tell the Chinese that if they want our support, then they will need to stop acting churlish and stop blocking our entry in the NSG despite Pakistan's insistence and pressure to do so.

One can't have the noodles and eat it too, right? :azn:

Lol i spat my coffee out, lol hilarious stuff! :omghaha:

Another humiliation for doing not enough for your compromise and concession :lol:

There Chinese leadership is running helter-skelter with begging bowl for support, and here Chinese trolls are doing their usual breast-beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom