What's new

China becomes world's biggest exporter

fallstuff

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Well forum warriors , now u know the news, what do you think ? discuss your heart away !! I hope it is not duplicate post. Warriors, I do expect a clean fight, no hitting below the belt.

From
China becomes world's biggest exporter | Business | guardian.co.uk

China becomes world's biggest exporter

• Germany overtaken in list of top trading nations
• Chinese economy on track to grow by 9.5% in 2010

4bef9a12999278f9b8ed1fa4af6e78c1.jpg
China's rapid industrialisation and dash for growth is sparking environmental concerns. Photograph: PETER PARKS/AFP/Getty Images

China completed a resurgent 2009 with a huge rise in exports establishing China as the world's biggest exporter, ahead of Germany, for the first time. The juggernaut Chinese economy also revealed record monthly imports of crude oil and a vast renewed appetite for iron ore and copper.

Trade in December, according to figures from China's customs office, showed a massive 17.7% year-on-year jump in exports, dramatically outpacing a forecast for 4% growth. The huge increase came after 13 months of decline.

Crude oil imports averaged more than 5m barrels a day for a month for the first time in December, up by more than a fifth from November, as the country sucked in raw materials at a faster pace than expected.

Imports jumped by 56%, pushing China's overall trade surplus in the month down by 4% from November instead of the expected 3% increase.

While some experts said much of the increase was due to seasonal factors and quirks in commodities markets, it appears that the strength of demand from China is signalling a further rise in global trade during 2010.

Imports of unwrought copper rose by more than a quarter from November to 369,368 tonnes, more than expected, while copper scrap imports jumped an even bigger 46%. Soya bean imports hit a record 4.78m tonnes in the month, with a surge in supplies from the United States and Brazil. Exports of aluminium and finished steel were also up strongly. China's economy is predicted to grow 9.5% in 2010, topping last year's expected figure.

The figure will be welcomed by business leaders who argue that China needs to shrug off the effects of the downturn if global trade is to recover. China is widely seen as a key engine of growth, especially as the US economy remains in the doldrums, with rising unemployment and many of its major manufacturing industries still badly hit.

However, the increased consumption of raw materials is likely to fuel criticism that China is failing to meet its environmental obligations. A dash for growth is seen as incompatible with the need to minimise burning fossil fuels and felling rainforests. Open-cast copper mining and soya bean farming on previously protected rainforest, have been top of environmental concerns for several years.

The development research centre of the state council, a leading thinktank, said China's economy would remain robust as market-driven investment picked up while government-led stimulus spending slowed. It said real estate investment would buoy growth, while inflationary concerns remained mild.

China is understood to have bought oil contracts in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries to secure oil *supplies ahead of a boom in *manufacturing. US and Brazilian farmers are also understood to be ready to increase supplies of Soya beans as domestic demand from the meat industry, which uses soya beans as a feedstuff, soars to record levels.

Adding to *environmental concerns, China's steel mills undertook a massive production drive in 2009, partly in response to a $585bn government stimulus plan. *Disregarding a 60% collapse in the export market, they produced almost half the world's steel in 2009.

eXPORTER OF PEACE AND LOVE .... only chia can do that

Top quality cell phones, electronics, textiles , every thing

Even stealth planes:china:

We are only lucky to have such a wonderful friend and peaceful nation

I think US have to have a life long friend in south asia. Anyone?

I think US have to have a life long friend in south asia. Anyone?

We were, We are & We will be freinds with China, US is just a strategic partner, it strengthens relations when needed and brings sanctions otherwise. Such a country cannot be a friend or allied to anyone for long term unless the other country serves a long term purpose.

I love my homeland and I am proud of her. But I have to index that China have many problem to face like every developing country.
As her child, I believe she will be more strong/peaceful/developing and so on. SHE will take hope to every friend developing.
:china::pakistan:

We were, We are & We will be freinds with China, US is just a strategic partner, it strengthens relations when needed and brings sanctions otherwise. Such a country cannot be a friend or allied to anyone for long term unless the other country serves a long term purpose.

The US has long term friendships with England, Japan and Israel. I think Pakistan can still be a great friend of US as India had choosen to side with Russia.

The US has long term friendships with England, Japan and Israel. I think Pakistan can still be a great friend of US as India had choosen to side with Russia.

I think if no China, there is no friendship between japan and US
For England, in these years, he only follow the step with US, that was the thing US only need.
Israel, I think he is the real symbol of US in middle-east. On the other hand, if there is no oil, I want to see the result of him.:coffee:
for India, Russia think it important because he is a big client. IF Russia have enough money to developer his science, do you think he will help india?

Last edited:
artifically lower the value of curency...definetly export will rose...In think in comming years yuan bubble will burst

artifically lower the value of curency...definetly export will rose...In think in comming years yuan bubble will burst

Currency is not the case with China. Anyway you can't deny the fact that RMB has rosed in value for 20% (while Indian rupee depreciated about 20%) in the last 2 years. China's export in 2009 is 17% less than that of 2008, but exports of Germany US and Japan drops even greater.

One reason to explain China's less drop in export is that China's export mainly focuses on daily necessities which is less impacted during the economic shrink than luxuries and capital goods which mainly produced by Germany France Japan and US.

Another reason is China's ever-growing capability. The 350KT oil tanker made in Guangzhou is one example, alas it is not for export but for the use of transport imported oil from mid-east.
0c615e7fb7163cd9cb0381779f9ee2d9.jpg

Last edited:
Currency is not the case with China. Anyway you can't deny the fact that RMB has rosed in value for 20% (while Indian rupee depreciated about 20%) in the last 2 years. China's export in 2009 is 17% less than that of 2008, but exports of Germany US and Japan drops even greater.

One reason to explain China's less drop in export is that China's export mainly focuses on daily necessities which is less impacted during the economic shrink than luxuries and capital goods which mainly produced by Germany France Japan and US.

your country borrowed 800$ billion us dollor...Y?The reason behind that dollor is comon when trade takes place...because your country had borrowed US bond yaun is not apperciated against dollor as it should be As the result chinese product become cheap not beause you are tallented. there is huge trade deficit china and rest of the world...and still yuan is not rising...strange!!!
You addopted two policies copy....paste

The problem is not YUAN in low value, is why westen always want it rise!!!

Anyways....enough forcasting on whose side India will choose. :D

This thread is about China only. Congrats to China.
India could learn one or two things from them. There is nothing wrong in that. :cheers:

Anyways....enough forcasting on whose side India will choose. :D

This thread is about China only. Congrats to China.
India could learn one or two things from them. There is nothing wrong in that. :cheers:

Already we are learning a lot of them..some of the economic reforms done in China is copied now in India too ..any way congrats China ..

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom