What's new

China and Vietnam in stand-off over Chinese survey ship mission to disputed reef in South China Sea

As my personal opion, you can call Vietnamese with anything name that you want, but for ungrateful creature, thats false. Why, let see China. USSR taught China from making steel, ammonia, oil processing, chemical synthesis to uranium enrichment, machine tools, tanks, warships, aircraft..That things Im sure China will not teach for enyone even Pakistan closest ally now. but what did you do with them in 1969. Base USSR opion, you are ungratefull person or not. Next, if you are Vietnamese. USSR and China are Vietnamese ally in Vietnam War. So we dont forget for Chinese help on this war. But we also dont forget for the help of USSR. We tried to stand between two of them. But you choose US - an enemy of Vietnam in this time. Who is ungrateful person in here? At least Vietnamese has suitable reason more than. Sure?

Vietnam should have developed much better if Le Duan gave up the idea of Indochinese Union(Đông Dương thuộc Pháp). I guess your history book said something differently, but there will be no war between China and Vietnam if Vietnam retreat from Cambodia a bit earlier. In that case Vietnam will be a middle class country now and a much better relationship with China and world.

After 1989, you accepted whatever unacceptable because Soviet Union backed out. It's a dream to conquer Cambodia, and when the dream wake up, your people realized that the price is way too high.

Vietnam should have developed much better if Le Duan gave up the idea of Indochinese Union(Đông Dương thuộc Pháp). I guess your history book said something differently, but there will be no war between China and Vietnam if Vietnam retreat from Cambodia a bit earlier. In that case Vietnam will be a middle class country now and a much better relationship with China and world.

After 1989, you accepted whatever unacceptable because Soviet Union backed out. It's a dream to conquer Cambodia, and when the dream wake up, your people realized that the price is way too high.
Chinese are big liars!

Following your logic, Japanese attack on China is justified because of your bellicose behavior on Japan and south east Asia.

Pol Pot Cambodia massacred 1/3 of population including Viet ethics. They raided and attacked Vietnam border cities. Why didn’t you lift a finger until Vietnamese army had to respond?

Thailand occupied Cambodia and Laos. If you care of the fate of Cambodia, Why didn’t you lift a finger either?

Vietnam withdrawal from Cambodia when there was no chance of return of Pol Pot. His army was decimated and defeated.

Please be honest to you and history a Bit instead of reading your own invented chinese bullshit and nonsense!

There is a big difference between the maximum range and the "no escape zone" of a missile. By the time the S-300 missile reaches your alleged 400km (which you don't have), the rocket motor of the missile would have burned out a long time ago. A SAM needs to be in a high-energy state during its terminal attack to achieve a successful attack on an enemy aircraft. Otherwise it is nothing more than a rock falling towards the ground because of gravity.

Also good luck detecting a stealth aircraft with whatever lousy radar the Russians sold you at 400km (which you don't have).
We will see. Vietnam S300 especially comes with radars 96L6 that is usually seen with S400 missile system.

1434788290-8b741anh_6.jpg

tai-sao-viet-nam-lua-chon-radar-96l6e-cua-s400-cho-s300pmu1_1634939.jpg

1434788290-8a139anh_5.jpg

Chinese are big liars!

Following your logic, Japanese attack on China is justified because of your bellicose behavior on Japan and south east Asia.

Pol Pot Cambodia massacred 1/3 of population including Viet ethics. They raided and attacked Vietnam border cities. Why didn’t you lift a finger until Vietnamese army had to respond?

Thailand occupied Cambodia and Laos. If you care of the fate of Cambodia, Why didn’t you lift a finger either?

Vietnam withdrawal from Cambodia when there was no chance of return of Pol Pot. His army was decimated and defeated.

Please be honest to you and history a Bit instead of reading your own invented chinese bullshit and nonsense!

We will see. Vietnam S300 especially comes with radars 96L6 that is usually seen with S400 missile system.

I am kind of wasting my time on you. I won't teach you history. Chinese don't care what you did, what you want, what you think as long as you stay within your territory. The only concerns China has is your occupation of Cambodia and Laos and alliance with USSR.

You can blame China whatever you want, we really don't care. But you must understand the political reality that China won't tolerate Vietnam-USSR alliance during cold war.

Vietnam crossed China 2 red lines. One is occupation of Cambodia and Laos. The other is Vietnam-USSR alliance during cold war.

No matter what you say, what you think. Doesn't matter much. It's geopolitics. If you thought China's red line is a joke, you paid the price as you wish.

Ask yourself below questions:

1, How many years Vietnam wasted? At least 2 decades.
2, What's the peace dividend after Vietnam War with US? Nothing, just another 10 years war.
3, Did you get Indochinese Union(Đông Dương thuộc Pháp) which Le Duan promised? NO.
4, How many Vietnamese died for Le Duan's ambitions but failed? Millions.
5, Did Vietnam-USSR alliance saved you? NO
6, Did USSR start a war with China to help you according to your military treaty with USSR? NO

USSR just used Vietnam as cannon fodder against China. You sacrificed for USSR. What you got from USSR are weapons and body bags.

USSR backed out, stopped sponsoring your war with China because of China's request and economy deterioration.

All countries must know how to play the geopolitical games. If any leader like your Le Duan failed to do so, their people sacrificed meaninglessly.

By the way, Pol Pot lost power in 1981, you retreat from Cambodia in 1989. Who taught you history? Just admit your adventure to conquer Cambodia and Laos but failed to do so, because it's fact.

Ho Chi Minh is a legend who saved your country from France and US. China helped you a lot to fight against them. Le Duan is an adventurist who destroyed your country, and screwed up China-Vietnam relationship.

Don't talk nonsense to me. I only take facts and logic. If you just bad mouth to me or brag, save it please.

Last edited:
I am kind of wasting my time on you. I won't teach you history. Chinese don't care what you did, what you want, what you think as long as you stay within your territory. The only concerns China has is your occupation of Cambodia and Laos and alliance with USSR.

You can blame China whatever you want, we really don't care. But you must understand the political reality that China won't tolerate Vietnam-USSR alliance during cold war.

Vietnam crossed China 2 red lines. One is occupation of Cambodia and Laos. The other is Vietnam-USSR alliance during cold war.

No matter what you say, what you think. Doesn't matter much. It's geopolitics. If you thought China's red line is a joke, you paid the price as you wish.

Ask yourself below questions:

1, How many years Vietnam wasted? At least 2 decades.
2, What's the peace dividend after Vietnam War with US? Nothing, just another 10 years war.
3, Did you get Indochinese Union(Đông Dương thuộc Pháp) which Le Duan promised? NO.
4, How many Vietnamese died for Le Duan's ambitions but failed? Millions.
5, Did Vietnam-USSR alliance saved you? NO
6, Did USSR start a war with China to help you according to your military treaty with USSR? NO

USSR just used Vietnam as cannon fodder against China. You sacrificed for USSR. What you got from USSR are weapons and body bags.

USSR backed out, stopped sponsoring your war with China because of China's request and economy deterioration.

All countries must know how to play the geopolitical games. If any leader like your Le Duan failed to do so, their people sacrificed meaninglessly.

By the way, Pol Pot lost power in 1981, you retreat from Cambodia in 1989. Who taught you history? Just admit your adventure to conquer Cambodia and Laos but failed to do so, because it's fact.

Ho Chi Minh is a legend who saved your country from France and US. China helped you a lot to fight against them. Le Duan is an adventurist who destroyed your country, and screwed up China-Vietnam relationship.

Don't talk nonsense to me. I only take facts and logic. If you just bad mouth to me or brag, save it please.

China had betrayed Russian who had liberated you from Japan occoupation in WW II. Just for that China could sided to American ally in cold war. Its fully disclosed mentality of China.

Personally i don't know why these Vietnamese quarrel with the Chinese people here. While i did some short reading here learning a little bit about the feud, it seems to me the Vietnamese members here have a tendency to lie instead of telling the whole truth of the entire story. I don't see people from the Soviet Union here making any suggestion at all that China ever betrayed USSR during the Cold War, only the few Vietnamese here do. People from the Soviet Bloc so far haven't said anything which seems very odd to me that the Vietnamese here keep on crying about it.
From the evidence presented here China did sent 320.000 men to Vietnam fighting the US, so why these Vietnamese members keep saying China didn't do so is also very odd. Vietnam couldn't have lasted long against the US had China not intervened. So to brag about defeating US on its own is nothing more than a load of crap. I can certainly see why the Chinese side are saying how ungrateful they are. A quick search on the internet i can't even find The Vietnamese Navy in the top 20 whereas the Chinese Navy rank number 2, so why some here is saying that Vietnamese Navy is a force to be reckoned with is very bizarre let alone claiming Germany would be aiding Vietnam against China. Can you guys leave Germany out of this? Even Chancellor Merkel refused to sent troops to Syria.

China had betrayed Russian who had liberated you from Japan occoupation in WW II. Just for that China could sided to American ally in cold war. Its fully disclosed mentality of China.
If you say so, you only read history from Vietnam history book. You don't know much about China nor Soviet Union.

Personally i don't know why these Vietnamese quarrel with the Chinese people here. While i did some short reading here learning a little bit about the feud, it seems to me the Vietnamese members here have a tendency to lie instead of telling the whole truth of the entire story. I don't see people from the Soviet Union here making any suggestion at all that China ever betrayed USSR during the Cold War, only the few Vietnamese here do. People from the Soviet Bloc so far haven't said anything which seems very odd to me that the Vietnamese here keep on crying about it.
From the evidence presented here China did sent 320.000 men to Vietnam fighting the US, so why these Vietnamese members keep saying China didn't do so is also very odd. Vietnam couldn't have lasted long against the US had China not intervened. So to brag about defeating US on its own is nothing more than a load of crap. I can certainly see why the Chinese side are saying how ungrateful they are. A quick search on the internet i can't even find The Vietnamese Navy in the top 20 whereas the Chinese Navy rank number 2, so why some here is saying that Vietnamese Navy is a force to be reckoned with is very bizarre let alone claiming Germany would be aiding Vietnam against China. Can you guys leave Germany out of this? Even Chancellor Merkel refused to sent troops to Syria.

There are few countries disliked by both West and East powers. Vietnam is one of them. That's their dilemma.

1, Vietnam has similar ideology with China and ruled by Vietnam communist party, there is no way Vietnam accepted by West, especially US as alliance.
2, Vietnam has shared boarder with China, Vietnam knew very well that it will be disaster if war break out.
3, Russia has good relationship with China right now. Russia won't sacrifice China-Russia relationship for Vietnam.
4, Vietnam has some potential geopolitical value to against China, but not much. Russia knew it, US knew it, Vietnam knew it very well. Vietnam won't risk himself as Cannon fodder again during Cold War.
5, Vietnam communist party has to cater US and West for economy benefit, but worry Colour Revolution. So Vietnam has to keep distance with US and West.
6, Vietnam has to maintain China-Vietnam relationship, otherwise US and West will take advantage of Vietnam for granted.
7, Vietnam tried to conquer Cambodia and Laos in 1980s, but failed because of China intervention. Their economy is extremely bad at 1980s, and 1990s. Vietnam government can't explain the misjudgment they made to Vietnamee, so China is the perfect Scapegoat.
8, Vietnam has South China Sea issues with China. The only way to resist China is inciting Vietnamees to sacrifice, that's how they were taught by Vietnam media and history book.

"国小而不处卑,力少而不畏强,无礼而侮大邻,贪愎而拙交者,可亡也".

Last edited:
There are few countries disliked by both West and East powers. Vietnam is one of them. That's their dilemma.

1, Vietnam has similar ideology with China and ruled by Vietnam communist party, there is no way Vietnam accepted by West, especially US as alliance.
2, Vietnam has shared boarder with China, Vietnam knew very well that it will be disaster if war break out.
3, Russia has good relationship with China right now. Russia won't sacrifice China-Russia relationship for Vietnam.
4, Vietnam has some potential geopolitical value to against China, but not much. Russia knew it, US knew it, Vietnam knew it very well. Vietnam won't risk himself as Cannon fodder again during Cold War.
5, Vietnam communist party has to cater US and West for economy benefit, but worry Colour Revolution. So Vietnam has to keep distance with US and West.
6, Vietnam has to maintain China-Vietnam relationship, otherwise US and West will take advantage of Vietnam for granted.
7, Vietnam tried to conquer Cambodia and Laos in 1980s, but failed because of China intervention. Their economy is extremely bad at 1980s, and 1990s. Vietnam government can't explain the misjudgment they made to Vietnamee, so China is the perfect Scapegoat.
8, Vietnam has South China Sea issues with China. The only way to resist China is inciting Vietnamees to sacrifice, that's how they were taught by Vietnam media and history book.

"国小而不处卑,力少而不畏强,无礼而侮大邻,贪愎而拙交者,可亡也".
Do not babble the fabricated nonsense, grandson.

The moment you turn on your radar, the enemy aircraft's radar warning receiver already detected your radar's presence even before the reflected radar signals have time to return to your receiving antenna. Assuming China has technology similar to RC-135V/W Rivet Joint, they can even locate and categorize enemy signal emitters. At the very least, Chinese aircraft can now maintain a safe distance from your S-300. Worst-case scenario for you, Chinese missiles are now headed towards that location. Either way, you have no chance of detecting a stealth aircraft at 400km. The only thing you're doing is broadcasting your S-300's location to the world.:lol:

320.000 men ? its fabricated by China. Chinese logistic troops had made the roads from China to border provinces in North Vietnam. When china had secret contacts with USA, and later on with Pingpong policy ... this china troops were requested to get out from Vietnam from 1967. In 1979. China had used that roads to attack Vietnam.

true intention of China in cold war, is that to keep Vietnam in divided country, like Korean.

After wiped out Pol pot in 1979 and CN was too coward to send troop to help Pot, hundred thousand VN soldiers got married wt Cam women and become Cambodian.

So, VN generals, VN troops still in Camb after 1990 cos No one can force VN soldiers who got married wt Camb women go back to VN.

The West happy, VN happy cos our troops still there and we also got 2 village from Camb. Only CN is a loser, CN lost his ally Pol Pot, CN also cant force VN soldiers withdraw from Camb :cool:

Abt VN troops in Laos, exiled Laotian still accuse VN troops r still stationing in Laos and want support from CN, so why u ignore their request and keep lying that no VN troops in Laos ??

Especially how they keep on saying about how much they willing to fight until the last men, how they used to defeat USA with 20 Aircraft carriers, so China is nothing to worry about, great logic indeed.

Those 320,000 chinese were engineering groups. Not from the PLA. They constructed bridges, roads, etc.
Interestingly, the PLA destroyed the same bridges, roads and more when attacking Vietnam later.

Chinese retards!

Back
Top Bottom