What's new

China and India: Contest of the century

I think China is far ahead of India. While India is starting China has passed many milestones already. I do not see at this point in time even a remote possibility to beat China. The good thing is in trying to be like China we are motivating us to do more, indirectly that is an appreciation of China.
I see China leads in governance system, as power rests with few and not many people to challenge the government, a government with good intention can thus do implementation well and that reflects a powerful government can take tough decision. There are some who remain unhappy but you have to compromise somewhere. I like Chinese governance and I know many people will crticise me for this. China has done excellent Job.

India has many problem and partly it is due to our Governance structure. India has population problem but due to democracy no party want's to tell the public to reduce growth rate, no strong laws against it. The same thing China did good job, yes they did good job, when your population is exploding you have to take tough measures.
Same thing with trash in India, people are so bad that they hardly try to be clean and government is failing there as well.

I personally feel China has better governance then India. Our public has very bad attitude at discipline following law, cleanliness etc. We need something drastic to improve in this area.

India may be sheer numbers in terms of GDP but their infrastructure is no where near that of China.

If India really wants its growth to continue at such high pace, it must build nationwide infrastructure fast, and by looking at the Pakistan floods, that infrastructure better include water resources management.

Government plans $1 trillion spending on infrastructure in next 5 years

Speaking at a conference on ‘Building Infrastructure: Challenges and Opportunities,’ PM said investments in infrastructure had to expand to as much as $1 trillion in the 12th Plan period (2012-2017)

Government plans $1 trillion spending on infrastructure - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

Speaking at a conference on ‘Building Infrastructure: Challenges and Opportunities,’ PM said investments in infrastructure had to expand to as much as $1 trillion in the 12th Plan period (2012-2017)

Government plans $1 trillion spending on infrastructure - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

I sincerely hope at least half of that amount is spent on infrastructure. Rest would go to accounts of babus, contractors, middlemen etc....

Good luck to Indians, hope it don't end up like your CWG, may god bless you all.
Toilet-Paper Scandal in India 'Shames' Commonwealth Games Host - Bloomberg :hang2:

Good luck to Indians, hope it don't end up like your CWG, may god bless you all.
You clearly have an agenda.

Troll mode: on

thai guys seem to be really confused people :lol:

psst: max no. of sex change operations happen in Thailand

http://www.thailandsexchange.com/

http://www.pai.co.th/

Troll Mode : off

The internet is a dangerous tools, can work both ways. Hope you've learned your lesson.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I dont understand what kind of contest is being talked about. China has infrastruture comparable to first world. It has clout all over America and Europe. Chinese students dominate the seats in Canadian universities. China has a sustainable economic and industrial policy. India on other hand is light years behind China in infrastructure and industry. Agree it does have a few billionaries who capitalised on the IT and steel industry but those are largely through private afforts of their own and their major assests remain abroad. Indians continue to flock abroad in desperation for jobs and work at 1/3 wages.

There is no competition between India and China. Atleast not for next 40 years until India can learn to stand on its own.

I dont understand what kind of contest is being talked about. China has infrastruture comparable to first world. It has clout all over America and Europe. Chinese students dominate the seats in Canadian universities. China has a sustainable economic and industrial policy. India on other hand is light years behind China in infrastructure and industry. Agree it does have a few billionaries who capitalised on the IT and steel industry but those are largely through private afforts of their own and their major assests remain abroad. Indians continue to flock abroad in desperation for jobs and work at 1/3 wages.

There is no competition between India and China. Atleast not for next 40 years until India can learn to stand on its own.
sir, you tell me what is the reason that we are growing at a very high rate, even during recession our economy grew at 6.8 an 7.4. we consider china as our benchmark, that why we compare with them to see our progress. GoI is going to invest $1 trillion in infra in next five year. along with that our 70% population age is below 35 yr

Man this thread is like the "China India paradise thread" Keep up the great discussion guys :cheers:

Where did you come out with those numbers, out of your a$$?

Then Indian students dominate american universities. Who told you that Indians work for 1/3 of the wage. I did my graduate studies at an american university, I get a salary on par with anyone if not more. If Indians get so little salary, how are they the richest community in states, even richer than whites here.

Private companies developed on their own? Wow, I haven't heard a more idiotic statement before. Without enabling Government, nothings gonna happen to any country. And can you prove your claim that most of the private sectors assets are abroad. How stupid can you be?

I have to agree that we are behind China, but not by 40 years by any means. In 2002, China's GDP was 1.2 trillion which almost same as our GDP currently. So we are on right track. India being a democracy, infrastructure development could take time. But remember Infrastructure is just one of the enabling aspect to and not a complete measure of development. Give us another 10 years, we'll be where China is right now.

Last edited:
It's a generation thing. I had a little bit of prejudice against the Chinese until a few years ago, a fallout of the '62 war- you know, "Poor Nehru was backstabbed in '62" and all that....but then I went to China several times while I was in the Navy, and also lived in Vancouver for a few years where I made a lot of Chinese friends. My attitude has changed completely.

The present generation does not really care about history too much, they care more about ground realities. As long there is trade, tourism and people-to people contact, we will be fine.

We really need to solve that border dispute, though. It is an unnecessary sore that needs to be healed- it will give the divisive forces leverage.

It's probably because the 62' is relatively unknown in China then or now. India didn't fit into the struggle against the imperialist formula of control media back then. Just as well, less baggage for future relations.

I sincerely hope at least half of that amount is spent on infrastructure. Rest would go to accounts of babus, contractors, middlemen etc....

I really wonder if maybe paying official higher salaries will cut down on stealing. (that along with maybe harsher punishment for those are caught)

Higher salaries would still be cheaper than the money government loses to corruption, with the added bonus of being competitive with private industry for higher talent. (I remember Mike05 saying that in Singapore, the government adjusts minister salary to keep pace with top CEOs)

You clearly have an agenda.

Troll mode: on

thai guys seem to be really confused people :lol:

psst: max no. of sex change operations happen in Thailand

http://www.thailandsexchange.com/

http://www.pai.co.th/

Troll Mode : off

The internet is a dangerous tools, can work both ways. Hope you've learned your lesson.

:cheers:
No need of bashing Thailand.

Who cares if this guy is a troll.His breed of India-bashers are all banned anyway.he"ll join them if he overacts.Lets rather concentrate on the threads and news he brings us.

totally agreed with you, i am in the opinion of legalization of corruption. what i want to say is that Goi should charge on selective services and give a percentage of it to officesr. rather then getting under the table they can get it legally and it will increase their efficiency bcoz of the incentives and people can also questioned them.

Back
Top Bottom