What's new

China agreed to provide 4 trainer aircraft to Pakistan

every single weapons platform inducted in the PAF has a 2-seat advanced trainer.

F-16
Mirage
F-6 (now retd)
F-7

and now JF-17.

every single weapons platform inducted in the PAF has a 2-seat advanced trainer.

F-16
Mirage
F-6 (now retd)
F-7

and now JF-17.

JL9

20100529_5e6a9ecbca9a1f239dbaflfSuv4z1R65.jpg

11_60_6b1a8467b812dd3.jpg

20070908_906070dbea99721366e9gTMJNuhedRwN.jpg

004.gif

Last edited:

Guys, while you people talk about L-15, do not ignore wangrong's JL-9.

Its a very very good candidate and have heard rumors about this one too and wangrong reporting it makes it more credible.

Good News!
We really require some new Trainers.

the twin-seater JF-17 program has been canceled

I have no confirmation as yet but as i was told that L-15 would be enough for Fighter conversion course i would say it may be true.

That would be a great addition, hopefully PAF would be getting on trial and check purpose........

@ WANGRONG.....Good work

the twin-seater JF-17 program has been canceled

004.gif

Pilots get themselves trained in simulators before being handed over the real jets and in real environment................Just to add here from the history no dual seat version of A5s (Fantans) were provided to PAF, pilots used to train on FT6s (dual seat F6).........at least six FT6s were still in service after their phasing out in 2000

A Pakistani official stated that the Pakistan side has elected to proceed with the development of a twin-seat version of the Chengdu FC-1 or JF-17 in Pakistan service. A CATIC official refused to comment on this development. The Pakistan Air Force’s requirement for a twin seat version of this fighter was first noted to the author by Pakistan Air Force officials in 2004. However, subsequent reports have noted that China was not interested in such a twin-seat version of the FC-1. The Pakistani official at the Dubai show stated, however, that Pakistan has elected to pay for the development of the twin seat version, and that is now proceeding. This official explained that as Pakistan is sharing in the full spectrum of production, usage and sales of the JF-17, that it therefore requires the twin seat version to fully exploit this aircraft. The twin seat version will be used to support training missions and will also be developed into a dedicated attack model.

Pakistan is now funding development of a twin-seat version of this low-cost multirole fighter. Source: RD Fisher

Rick Fisher is a Senior Fellow on Asian Military Affairs. Fisher is a recognized authority on the PRC military and the Asian military balance and their implications for Asia and the United States. Fisher has worked on Asian security matters for over 20 years in a range of critical positions

This report was published on January 20th, 2008
I dont think the program is cancelled

Back
Top Bottom