What's new

Chill Bangladesh Thread

Another Bangladeshi band, 'Headline'

One more, 'EIDA', some of their recent tunes,

From Johad and the boys at Nemesis,

Bangla Pokkho is not going to clean house. If they do, they will remove Muslims. Not Hindus.

It is a nationalistic movement. Bengali nationalism gave birth to modern Indian and Hindu nationalism. In any case, nationalism will not work with Islam. They are virulently against Urdu as well.

They will go to Swami Vivekananda and Tagore while still fighting for more Bengali inclusion in the workforce. If you think they have Muslim interests in their hearts, you are mistaken.

No one is expecting these guys will support Muslims. I will be simply happy if they can get rid of Sanghis from their state, which is an immediate problem for us in Bangladesh. That is the Synergy. Anyone is more preferable than a BJP-run West Bengal (or Bangla).

Last edited:
Anyone is more preferable than a BJP-run West Bengal (or Bangla).
That is inevitable.

Perhaps you mistook me for an idealist.

I wish for every land ruled by the Sanghis to be liberated. But I know that will not happen in the current situation.

Even with Pokkhos hating Biharis, and Marwaris - they will still have a hatred for muslims and Islam. Because it is also 'foreign' to them. Lol. The Jamaat is much better placed to help instead.

For the Sangh to be weakened, Hindus in Bengal need to be weakened. Donate generously to orgs doing Dawaah and you can contribute to a better future.

Conclusion - Auroop: Nirakar (Official Music Video)

Conclusion - Odyssey (Official Lyric Video)

Arekta Rock Band - Eden (Official Music Video)

Tor Oi Shohorey | ViKiNGS | Official Video | 2019

Popeye (Bangladesh) - Bishonno Shundor (বিষণ্ণ সুন্দর) Official Lyrics Video

Behaving like a kh**kir chele is also a key skill.

That's a cute Kolkata 'name' and gaali. Love it!:lol:

So different when you add 'Pola' instead of 'Chhele'. Changes the whole tone. :P

Who are you two talking about? He was crying to mod that he is not Hindu.

Well going back to 2011 for Nemesis - whatever the heck happened to these guys?

"Tritio Jatra" from Nemesis and "Aushomapto II" from Aurthohin made 2011 soooo good. Went to attend a concert at TSC in "Pohela Boishakh" where Aurthohin made people go bonkers :fans: AFAIK Nemesis released this song below on youtube for student protest.

Dukho Bilash (Poignant Luxury) | Artcell

Ah!! :smitten: Many times sang this song with my friends in get-together. :smitten: My most favorite Bangladeshi band. :smitten: Linkin Park of Bangladesh. :smitten: It's lyrics are unique and music composition is amazing, some of it's songs makes me aloof specially when it rains. :smitten: Oh man college life was sooooooo amazing. :smitten:

Popeye (Bangladesh) - Bishonno Shundor (বিষণ্ণ সুন্দর) Official Lyrics Video

Another good band, their lyrics+music is good too. :enjoy: Here's some more.

I am surprised they didn't recognise sylheti "language"!!

I don't get it. How's crying in PDF to declare Sylhet Division as unique part of Bangladesh gonna help him achieve his goal? If that's the case then Dhakaiya, Noakhailla, Borishailla, Chatgaiya and Maymansinga etc guys can demand same thing. "নোয়াখালী বিভাগ চাই" was already a slogan. :lol: That thread was just another waste of time for unnecessary argument.

Who are you two talking about? He was crying to mod that he is not Hindu.

I don't get it. How's crying in PDF to declare Sylhet Division as unique part of Bangladesh gonna help him achieve his goal? If that's the case then Dhakaiya, Noakhailla, Borishailla, Chatgaiya and Maymansinga etc guys can demand same thing. "নোয়াখালী বিভাগ চাই" was already a slogan. :lol: That thread was just another waste of time for unnecessary argument.

Guys, It is better that we do not pay any attention to that hideous creature anymore. He quoted my posts in the "Tripura thread" yesterday and I replied in a civil fashion but when he couldn't come up with valid points he started being disrespectful including calling me things like "Small-Minded", "Scum", "Illiterate", "Douche-bag", "Uneducated", "Fascist", "Racist", "Labourer" etc. He also went on to claim that Bangladeshis who live in the Middle East (directed at me because I reside in Kuwait) are uneducated, backward and don't have any right to comment on Bangladesh politics and internal matters since we are "Inexperienced" & "Uneducated". I was surprised at how superior he thinks he is because he lives in a Western country and has (forgive the obvious grammatical mistakes, This is an exact quote) "Teached and Study in American univarsities". Nevermind the fact that Bangladeshi labourers in the Middle East literally keep the country afloat with their remittances, While western bunch enjoy high living standards, not to mention all the good planes that Biman slots into the western routes.

And that wasn't the end of it, he not once but twice mentioned being affiliated with Bangladesh Awami League, even though such a statement was wholly irrelevant and off topic, It was nothing but a threat of legal and physical harassment directed at me. He then proceeded to cry foul and reported me to the mods when I called out his piss poor English proficiency. To be frank, the only reason I did that is because he kept disrespecting me by calling me "uneducated" and because its ironic considering he brags about living in a English speaking country and having "Has teached and study in American Univarsities".

Now I have a warning point plus a thread ban, keeping this in mind I will not be discussing about/or engaging this disgruntled creature any further. I suggest you all do the same, deny trolls the attention they crave so badly. I'm sure he will report this post as well.

Tui ze ugge masali'r pua ahon ara beygunne ibe bujigay, hono din shamne faile zada di bari mairjom dahait er zat.

Even in the Qur'an, it mentions that regionalism and boasting ethnic superiority has no place in our religion.

Just to mention an example, look at how a multi-racial, multi-language, multi-cultural place like Indonesia has existed so far. @Indos I love the harmony in your country brother.

Thank you brother @Bilal9

Yup I think different ethnic and language should not become a problem. There are many Indonesian Youtube video that celebrate about the different among us. Here for instant many Youtube video talking about different Indonesian local languages and ethnics: The people with blinded eyes need to guess where these women and men come from and what local language they speak. It gets 1 million viewer after being posted in January this year.

This video talking about Minang (West Sumatra), Java, Sundanese (West Java), and Palembang (South Sumatra) girls and their respective local languages. They talk about some words in Indonesian language and then each girl speak the words based on her local language. Also get 1 million viewer.

801 local languages spoken in Indonesia

Last edited:
'Ishwar' by Vikings, a poignant tribute to one of our rock music talents taken too soon from us, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayub_Bachchu

Guys, It is better that we do not pay any attention to that hideous creature anymore. He quoted my posts in the "Tripura thread" yesterday and I replied in a civil fashion but when he couldn't come up with valid points he started being disrespectful including calling me things like "Small-Minded", "Scum", "Illiterate", "Douche-bag", "Uneducated", "Fascist", "Racist", "Labourer" etc. He also went on to claim that Bangladeshis who live in the Middle East (directed at me because I reside in Kuwait) are uneducated, backward and don't have any right to comment on Bangladesh politics and internal matters since we are "Inexperienced" & "Uneducated". I was surprised at how superior he thinks he is because he lives in a Western country and has (forgive the obvious grammatical mistakes, This is an exact quote) "Teached and Study in American univarsities". Nevermind the fact that Bangladeshi labourers in the Middle East literally keep the country afloat with their remittances, While western bunch enjoy high living standards, not to mention all the good planes that Biman slots into the western routes.

And that wasn't the end of it, he not once but twice mentioned being affiliated with Bangladesh Awami League, even though such a statement was wholly irrelevant and off topic, It was nothing but a threat of legal and physical harassment directed at me. He then proceeded to cry foul and reported me to the mods when I called out his piss poor English proficiency. To be frank, the only reason I did that is because he kept disrespecting me by calling me "uneducated" and because its ironic considering he brags about living in a English speaking country and having "Has teached and study in American Univarsities".

Now I have a warning point plus a thread ban, keeping this in mind I will not be discussing about/or engaging this disgruntled creature any further. I suggest you all do the same, deny trolls the attention they crave so badly. I'm sure he will report this post as well.

Tui ze ugge masali'r pua ahon ara beygunne ibe bujigay, hono din shamne faile zada di bari mairjom dahait er zat.

Good post. But do what the mods have asked us to do as always. 'Ignore' trolls like these. Go to his profile and click 'Ignore'.

Thank you brother @Bilal9

Yup I think different ethnic and language should not become a problem. There are many Indonesian Youtube video that celebrate about the different among us. Here for instant many Youtube video talking about different Indonesian local languages and ethnics: The people with blinded eyes need to guess where these women and men come from and what local language they speak. It gets 1 million viewer after being posted in January this year.

This video talking about Minang (West Sumatra), Java, Sundanese (West Java), and Palembang (South Sumatra) girls and their respective local languages. They talk about some words in Indonesian language and then each girl speak the words based on her local language. Also get 1 million viewer.

801 local languages spoken in Indonesia

Wow 801 Languages!

This means I gotta get to my plans of hiring/piloting a Finisi through the archipelago even sooner. Someday, when this Covid thing finally ends - sigh. :-)

Last edited:
'

Wow 801 Languages!

This means I gotta get to my plans of hiring/piloting a Finisi through the archipelago even sooner. Someday, when this Covid thing finally ends - sigh. :-)

Major ethnics and their language are just around 15 anyway, I think they just try to define variation within one local language. General understanding about Indonesian local languages is that there are around 300 local languages here.

Covid 19 look like to stay until the vaccine is available world wide which is expected one year from now, so it will be a tough time for every economy to survive along this year. Indonesian government has prepared 45 billion USD to ease the effect of the outbreak. Although the money hasnt been disbursed yet.

There is new development that I read Today. Chinese researcher saying that they have found effective drug to treat the Covid19 patients that make them confident that the world can be heal despite the lack of effective vaccine. So I hope this can be a good news for every body.

Any way, in what region do you live in USA ? As we know USA is badly effected by the disease. I have close relative live in Houston (my aunt and my cousins) and also other relative, although not too close, live in Boston.

Wow @Indos that last video blew my mind. Such diversity of cultures! And yet so united, Indonesia is an example for the rest of Asia.

Major ethnics and their language are just around 15 anyway, I think they just try to define variation within one local language. General understanding about Indonesian local languages is that there are around 300 local languages here.

Covid 19 look like to stay until the vaccine is available world wide which is expected one year from now, so it will be a tough time for every economy to survive along this year. Indonesian government has prepared 45 billion USD to ease the effect of the outbreak. Although the money hasnt been disbursed yet.

There is new development that I read Today. Chinese researcher saying that they have found effective drug to treat the Covid19 patients that make them confident that the world can be heal despite the lack of effective vaccine. So I hope this can be a good news for every body.

Any way, in what region do you live in USA ? As we know USA is badly effected by the disease. I have close relative live in Houston (my aunt and my cousins) and also other relative, although not too close, live in Boston.

I live in Los Angeles, California - brother. There hasn't been too many Covid cases in California, like in Texas and also New York City (NYC), because people follow isolation rules (unlike say, in Texas) and there is plenty of space in most places to isolate (unlike in NYC). But in downtown LA and downtown San Francisco, there are relatively higher cases.

At one time I was very close to a group of Indonesian friends in Los Angeles. Got invited to their parties all the time. I have a soft corner for Indonesian folks and culture (Gamelan Music etc.). So many of my Bengali friends have been to Indonesia and enjoyed your country and its culture. They went mainly to Bali, which has a distinct culture all its own.

In any case as you remember, today is Lailatul Qadr, so back to Taraweeh prayers.

Some chill tracks from the Dhaka Music scene, 'Meghdol', 'Recall' and 'Headline'. The first two tracks are personal favorites.

Back
Top Bottom