What's new

Chief of Army Staff | General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2455_mini.jpg

the general on the 'right' needs a excercise regime!

the general on the 'right' needs a excercise regime!

Sir ji, this is the second time you are 'advising' Gen Javed Zia.

BTW, he must be catching your eyes every now and then as he is not as tall as Gen Kiyani.

Sir ji, this is the second time you are 'advising' Gen Javed Zia.

BTW, he must be catching your eyes every now and then as he is not as tall as Gen Kiyani.

1st time was Gen. Wynne!

well u know the story abt israeli and egyptian armies
a jurno asked the israeli gen what was the difference between the two armies?

the israeli Gen replied - they had 'fat' generals!!!

1st time was Gen. Wynne!

While exercising might be good, and losing some weight too must not become Rao Qamar Suleman too :)

Man, we do need something between the Police and the Army, though it should be more potent than Rangers.

Maybe Rangers need better training to be a more professional (read less political), more credible force?

1st time was Gen. Wynne!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1st time was Gen. Wynne!

Ooppss..my bad, sir ji.

Actually they both were/is Commander Southern Command so i just got carried away.

Now i would not say that all our Generals are like the US army, but still most of them do give that professional look. Moreover, the Army has gone quite strict regarding PET, believe me sir ji, you have seen better days :)

Maybe Rangers need better training to be a more professional (read less political), more credible force?

Agreed.

i am sure you must be of the opinion (as i am) that the kind of money and effort that is spent on the Army should be toned down a bit and the share thus saved should be spent over paramilitary forces - Rangers and Police.

i know it would be nearly impossible for us to raise a new (CTC) force from the scratch due to the resource constraints, so we can just work on improving upon the ones we already have. Also, we can start by raising new departments/arms from withing the existing organization of these forces. Like we can have a specialized wing from the Rangers (as does the Police - the 'Eelite' Police). Moreover, the ASF (Airport Security Force) and Elite Police are trained by our SSG, i personally believe that this should also stop. Though the inter-arm cooperation cannot be over-emphasized but then we gotta lower the Army's involvement read 'fatigue'.

Ooppss..my bad, sir ji.

Actually they both were/is Commander Southern Command so i just got carried away.

Now i would not say that all our Generals are like the US army, but still most of them do give that professional look. Moreover, the Army has gone quite strict regarding PET, believe me sir ji, you have seen better days :)

i remember we agreed to disagree on the topic of beards (and when I say beards, I mean the 'maulvi' wala). I don't see as many in Army service as i do with the Navy guys.

that, and the ''gut'' do impede the professional look of the soldier....but then again, there are many things that matter just as much (e.g. posture, and even facial expression)

I know the Turks also place huge emphasis on all these things

(i dont mean to hi-jack this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom