What's new

Chief of Army Staff | General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I wish we could see his power-point presentation (ppt). would be very interesting!

President, PM, COAS discuss security situation; ongoing drive against extremism, militancy

ISLAMABAD, Feb 4 (APP): Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani called on President Asif Ali Zardari here at the Aiwan-e-Sadr on Thursday evening. Later Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani also joined the meeting. They discussed issues relating to security situation in the country and the ongoing drive against extremism and militancy.

The Chief of Army Staff also briefed the President about his recent visit to Brussels and meetings with NATO’s commanders .
The President later hosted dinner for them. The dinner was also attended by Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi.

Commander NATO Training Mission calls on COAS

ISLAMABAD, Feb 4 (APP): Commander NATO Training Mission - Afghanistan Lieutenant General William B. Caldwell on Thursday called on General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Army Staff at General Headquarters.

The visiting dignitary remained with the Chief of Army Staff for some time and discussed matters of professional interest.

ONLINE - International News Network

NATO asked to take Pakistan army into confidence before launching any offensive in Afghanistan

RAWALPINDI: Lieutenant General William B. Caldwell, Commander NATO Training Mission Afghanistan called on General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Army Staff at General Headquarters Thursday.

According to Spokesman Pakistan army, the visiting dignitary remained with the Chief of Army Staff for some time and discussed matters of professional interest.

The military sources informed Online that General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Army Staff and Lieutenant General William B. Caldwell, Commander NATO Training Mission Afghanistan also discussed current security situation of Afghanistan, new US strategy for Afghanistan and biggest offensive of US-led coalition troops in Helmand and other areas of Afghanistan.

Lieutenant General William B. Caldwell, Commander NATO Training Mission Afghanistan informed Chief of the Army Staff that the NATO and Afghan National Army are planning their biggest joint offensive since the beginning of the Afghan war in Helmand and other areas, sources added.

Speaking on the occasion, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of Army Staff stressed on the need that Pakistan’s army should be taken into confidence before launching of any offensive by US-led coalition troops at areas, adjacent to Pakistan’s border, sources said. The US-led coalition forces should ensure that no terrorist or extremist could enter in Pakistan’s area during the operation, he said.

Relations between Pakistan’s army and NATO as well as training of Pakistan’s army officers from NATO departments were also discussed, sources added.

it is not about the thread but when i see a COAS speaking on a subject in somewhere i always ask this question: ''does an ordinary english citizen, a regular folk know the name of the COAS of England?'' i guess no, he doesnt know. he also doesnt need to know. What about Germany? i guess the same. They dont know the name of COAS(except the last one, but he resigned after his fault in afghanistan). What about Holland? the answer is the same... What about Sweden? Italy? Greece? Spain? France? i m afraid the answer is again ''no''. No they dont know the names. also they dont need to know.
But in countries like USA, Turkey, Pakistan, India everybody knows the name of the Chief. in fact USA is an exception in this list. But what about others? Can it be about our understanding of Democracy? Does COAS really need to speak about domestic affairs and tell his opinion about the political situation of the country? i m afraid the answer is again ''no''... but militarism is something like a carved engraved glyph on our souls. i hope we can success democratic reforms after economical reforms. As eastern people, as eastern civilisation, we need to do this. if we dont, in everystep of ours, westerns will keep blaming us with the lack of democracy and they will use extreme fractions against the stability of our countries.
i hope everybody in this forum can understand the value of democracy and stand against militarist ideology. Independence is something, freedom is another gentelmen, lets dont lose our freedom while we speak of independence. why did i write all these? i dont know, but there is onething. i dont like soldiers to interfare in domestic business of the countries and policies. i dont like them to act like a party leader... i want them to respect the free will of the folk. thats all. yes i feel better now after writing all these here. thank you for reading.
Regards
Kansubeg

Last edited:
it is not about the thread but when i see a COAS speaking on a subject in somewhere i always ask this question: ''does an ordinary english citizen, a regular folk know the name of the COAS of England?'' i guess no, he doesnt know. he also doesnt need to know. What about Germany? i guess the same. They dont know the name of COAS(except the last one, but he resigned after his fault in afghanistan). What about Holland? the answer is the same... What about Sweden? Italy? Greece? Spain? France? i m afraid the answer is again ''no''. No they dont know the names. also they dont need to know.
But in countries like USA, Turkey, Pakistan, India everybody knows the name of the Chief. in fact USA is an exception in this list. But what about others? Can it be about our understanding of Democracy? Does COAS really need to speak about domestic affairs and tell his opinion about the political situation of the country? i m afraid the answer is again ''no''... but militarism is something like a carved engraved glyph on our souls. i hope we can success democratic reforms after economical reforms. As eastern people, as eastern civilisation, we need to do this. if we dont, in everystep of ours, westerns will keep blaming us with the lack of democracy and they will use extreme fractions against the stability of our countries.
i hope everybody in this forum can understand the value of democracy and stand against militarist ideology. Independence is something, freedom is another gentelmen, lets dont lose our freedom while we speak of independence. why did i write all these? i dont know, but there is onething. i dont like soldiers to interfare in domestic business of the countries and policies. i dont like them to act like a party leader... i want them to respect the free will of the folk. thats all. yes i feel better now after writing all these here. thank you for reading.
Regards
Kansubeg

depends where u live - EU countries are all allies now. take turkey, it has issues with iraq and armenia, pakistan has issues with afghanistan, india and iran - and so on, so therefore the military leaders are 'high profile'

NATO commander calls on Kayani

ISLAMABAD: Commander of NATO training mission in Afghanistan Lt. General William B. Caldwell on Thursday called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Thursday at General Headquarters. The visiting dignitary remained with the COAS for some time and discussed matters of professional interest. staff report

5a4c1d73e6c8fa75d8d68561ecf7972d.gif

65666f9f076bb70666cf68c4448eb095.gif

Source: http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/feb2010-daily/07-02-2010/col14.htm

Corps Commanders deliberate Azam-e-Nau II

ISLAMABAD, Feb 10 (APP): Corps Commanders Conference held on Wednesday deliberated upon conclusion of War Games (Azam-e-Nau-II) and expressed satisfaction at the evolution of comprehensive and integrated response.The 126th Corps Commanders’ Conference held at General Headquarters was chaired by Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, said an ISPR Press Release.

The conference was a part of regular monthly meetings.

The Corps Commanders’ Conference was synchronized with the conclusion of Army War Game (Azm-e-Nau II); in which through a hardcore professional discourse, response to existing as well as emerging threat scenarios was exhaustively evaluated. The forum expressed its satisfaction at the evolution of a comprehensive and integrated response. This was part of the Army’s eternal vigilance process.

COAS also shared with the forum his interaction with NATO Commanders during his visit to Brussels.

Jones discusses Afghan security with Gen Kayani

LAHORE/ISLAMABAD: US Adviser on National Security James Jones called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Kayani at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi on Wednesday, a private TV channel reported.

According to the channel, the two military leaders discussed important matters, including the US’ new policy for Afghanistan, the overall regional security and the Pakistan Army’s operation against terrorists along the Pak-Afghan border.

Sources said Jones would also meet President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani and other security officials during his stay in the federal capital.

They said he would discuss the reconciliation process with Afghan Taliban and the efforts to integrate them into the Afghan government.

He would also seek Islamabad’s support to influence the Taliban for broader peace in the country.

Islamabad has already raised alarm that any offensive in Afghanistan might push the insurgents into its territory, creating problems for its forces trying to contain militants’ influence in the country’s Tribal Areas.

The government will brief Jones about the recent military campaigns and its back-to-back successes in Swat and South Waziristan.

Sources said the issue of militants using North Waziristan to launch attacks inside Afghanistan would also come up in the talks, as the US had been urging Pakistan to act against the Haqqani network.

The two sides will also discuss the delay in the reimbursement of Coalition Support Funds. sajjad malik/

daily times monitor

The thing i like here is that there is much more sharing of information than before, especially the role Kayani has played in keeping the government informed and updated.
This augers well not only for the army but for Pakistan since there is more visibility to all parties concerned and in the long run this shall lead to better decisions.

Gen. James Jones calls on Gen. Kayani

ISLAMABAD, Feb 12 (APP): National Security Advisor, USA General James L. Jones (Retired) on Friday visited General Headquarters and called on Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani. The visiting dignitary remained with him for some time and discussed matters of professional interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom