What's new

Chennai metro train trial run successful

Feel bad on reading the security situation there these days. Karachiites definitely deserve better. I've a few Pakistani friends from Karachi. They are tensed out at least once in a month over their folks back home.
Karachi has been peaceful ever since Rangers were deployed. last year more than a dozen people were killed every other day.

Karachi is the world's 3rd largest city and home to a large number of communities so shit's still bound to happen.

Edit : wiki's trolling me :P ..... Karachi proper city by population is 3rd largest in the world.

Last edited:
Karachi has been peaceful ever since Rangers were deployed. last year more than a dozen people were killed every other day.

Karachi is the world's 7th largest city and home to a large number of communities so shit's still bound to happen.

Isn't Karachi hold like 40% of Pakistan's GDP. Watched a documentary on it the other day.

Amazing hospitality marred by politicians who use ethnic and religious fault lines to consolidate their power.

Politicians all over the world do this, it' that in India nad Pakistan they can do it more effectively.

Chennai is an awesome city though :-)

Karachi is the world's 7th largest city and home to a large number of communities so shit's still bound to happen.

Scary. The political rivalries there are so much fiercer than what I get to see usually in India. Karachi could do with a metro network. But doesn't Karachi have a very good road network? The city at least looks very well planned from a bird's eye view.

Good going guyz :enjoy:
the southern india is much developed than the other parts
and we are still waiting for Karachi circular railway :(

You might want to re think that.

Southern India is still beholden to much feudalism.

If you have the Yadavs, in the North, we have the Reddys.

If North has the Gandhis, Tamil Nadu has to contend with Karunanidhi and his progeny.

Don't get me started on Trade Unionists in Kerala :mad:

Scary. The political rivalries there are so much fiercer than what I get to see usually in India. Karachi could do with a metro network. But doesn't Karachi have a very good road network? The city at least looks very well planned from a bird's eye view.

They have better roads than a lot of Indian cities anywhow.

I think a Karachite should answer your question. It's a huge city and I saw a little part of it quite a while ago.

how come Hyderabad doesn't have one?

Hyderabad metro is under construction. 1-2 years at max.

3rgl.jpg

10269635_629236857168099_102731906770050483_n.jpg

coaches are coming already :D:D:D

work site

10268422_555417317910906_3552013545763956229_n.jpg

10296834_555417321244239_8283594751242879791_n.jpg

hmr-10.jpg

13922107269_3b119d319e_b.jpg

13922115959_4b1c6ec682_b.jpg

I think a Karachite should answer your question. It's a huge city and I saw a little part of it quite a while ago.

The problem with cities in South India like Chennai is coping with migration.

Bangalore two decades ago had 1.5 million people. No it has 9 Million. Chennai is sitting at 4 million and a lot of people from other parts are migrating.

Bangalore's infrastructure has failed to keep up with the migration.

Chandrababu Naidu built so many flyovers there that they've run of of places to build an elevated rail line.:sarcastic:

You haven't been to Karachi?:o:

But isn't he seen as a rather competent administrator?

bro im a karachite :)
meri posts se andaza nahi hua ?

Could you illuminate us with your answer?

I am really ignorant when it comes to cities in Pakistan :)

You might want to re think that.

Southern India is still beholden to much feudalism.

If you have the Yadavs, in the North, we have the Reddys.

If North has the Gandhis, Tamil Nadu has to contend with Karunanidhi and his progeny.

Don't get me started on Trade Unionists in Kerala :mad:

They have better roads than a lot of Indian cities anywhow.

Sorry bro next time ill be careful :D

Back
Top Bottom