What's new

Chennai metro train trial run successful

The problem with cities in South India like Chennai is coping with migration.

Bangalore two decades ago had 1.5 million people. No it has 9 Million. Chennai is sitting at 4 million and a lot of people from other parts are migrating.

Bangalore's infrastructure has failed to keep up with the migration.
Chennai is also close to 8 million nowadays. But Chennai had a very good city rail network and wider roads than Bangalore, owing to it's preeminence even during colonial times. Bangalore, on the other hand is a colossal tragedy. Neither wide roads, nor a city rail network nor a Metro rail system. We were truly fooked when the IT boom came by.

Yeah I have been but that was before Mr. Mustafah started the developments.

I'm visiting Karachi in december.

Whoa. You've already planned for a December visit? :eek: I've never been competent enough to think and plan so far into the future.

Sorry bro next time ill be careful :D

The only difference is lack of communal violence and people in the South are more passive.

@dexter do you guys have internal migration to Karachi?

are there tier 2 cities or towns as well.?

But isn't he seen as a rather competent administrator?

Could you illuminate us with your answer?

I am really ignorant when it comes to cities in Pakistan :)

Karachi:

Nagan_Ch_Karachi.jpg

karachi-night-01.jpg

Mazar-i-Quaid-Muhammad-Ali-Jinnah-Karachi-in-night-with-fountains.jpg

dolmen-harbour-front-01.jpg

Chennai is also close to 8 million nowadays. But Chennai had a very good city rail network and wider roads than Bangalore, owing to it's preeminence even during colonial times. Bangalore, on the other hand is a colossal tragedy. Neither wide roads, nor a city rail network nor a Metro rail system. We were truly fooked when the IT boom came by.

I heard there is a Metro system in the works for Cochin.

Which is odd, because I feel Kerala is over looked for infra projects, and second, the population of Cochin is 2 million or 1 million I believe.

But isn't he seen as a rather competent administrator?
Yes, he was pretty good with Hyderabad. My observation, though sarcastic, isn't all that far from the truth. Hyderabad had truly changed ion appearance by the time he took leave as CM. At least a dozen flyovers and new roads everywhere.

The only difference is lack of communal violence and people in the South are more passive.

@dexter do you guys have internal migration to Karachi?

are there tier 2 cities or towns as well.?

no !
what is tier 2 cities or town?

Which is odd, because I feel Kerala is over looked for infra projects, and second, the population of Cochin is 2 million or 1 million I believe.

Kochi metro is also under construction will take around 4-5 years.

10157201_746918898662960_5698169032519976802_n.jpg

e0h1ea.jpg

BTw whats written in Malayalam ? o_Oo_Oo_O

Very good news, if true. Kerala really is treated like the bastard child when it comes to infra projects. Plus, one cannot and must not wait for shit to hit the ceiling like in Bangalore before taking up a Metro rail project. Very encouraging if smaller cities commission such projects too.

Yes, he was pretty good with Hyderabad. My observation, though sarcastic, isn't all that far from the truth. Hyderabad had truly changed ion appearance by the time he took leave as CM. At least a dozen flyovers and new roads everywhere.

But Indians seem tobe overlooking the basics. Sanitation infrastructure.

If he had that sorted out, a third of the infectious diseases would just reduce in number.

The number of open drains, inadequate sewerage control, standing bodies of water lack of toilet facilities and poor maintenance of it?

:mad:

@nair

Am I right in saying that there is a metro in the works for Kochi?

Actually my planning has nothing to do with competency !!! :ashamed:

You can still come to Kerala btw.

Not as noisy as the other Indian states :-)

Kochi metro is also under construction will take around 4-5 years.

10157201_746918898662960_5698169032519976802_n.jpg

e0h1ea.jpg

BTw whats written in Malayalam ? o_Oo_Oo_O

Kochi Metro: The golden pathway to Prosperity! (that's the translation)

But Indians seem tobe overlooking the basics. Sanitation infrastructure.

If he had that sorted out, a third of the infectious diseases would just reduce in number.

The number of open drains, inadequate sewerage control, standing bodies of water lack of toilet facilities and poor maintenance of it?

:mad:

Really bewildering that sanitation isn't given the importance that it deserves. Population is not an excuse, as equally dense and populated cities have much better waste management infra. Really stupid of us to be so complacent about our sewage network.

In short, our sewage system is garbage.:angry:

no !
what is tier 2 cities or town?

So in pakistan, I gues Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore would be considered Tier-1

cities like Hyderabad would be considered tier-2 I think.

It is a step down from the major cities in a country, a step down from the metro cities.

Back
Top Bottom