What's new

Chennai metro train trial run successful

Train also arrived in naharlagan( a town near itanagar ) for the first time.

Did you travel on the train.

if you were traveling on a road which has metro bus track above you cant guess buses are running over your head until you are told. And its definitely built for similar task but here each locomotive has more space for passengers.

Metro trains are much much better, metro trains are very efficient in timely arrival and control the traffic flow efficiently.

METRO-BUS.jpg

Isn't this from Lahore? The Lahore metro bus system doesn't run entirely on dedicated flyovers. It's basically a hybrid BRTS.
Lahore-Metro-Bus-Station.jpg

this line is connected to any major railway station or route ? or just a regional railway network like they have in the valley ?

I don't know much about trains but since that train comes from assam, it must connected to other major railway network.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naharlagun_railway_station

if you were traveling on a road which has metro bus track above you cant guess buses are running over your head until you are told. And its definitely built for similar task but here each locomotive has more space for passengers.
This is a request to you.

Please dont compare a BRTS(Bus Rapid Transit System) with a Metro system. Pakistan is using the moniker "Metro Bus" instead of the usual BRTS system that its called globally, it doesnt actually make the BRTS into a Metro, its more of a marketing thing, meant for gullible masses.

Secondly, the BRTS system in Lahore is not completely elevated, its runs on the ground as well as on flyovers.

Thirdly, it is the plan of your Government to run proper Metro systems as well when they tie up the funding - IIRC, Pakistan is currently trying to negotiate one with JICA.

Hopefully within the next 5 years Lahore will have a Metro system running as well along with the BRTS if things go according to plan.

Noisy ?

LOL

its the traffic sound !!

:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

@Rajaraja Chola @Chola warrior

congratulations Bhailog :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Metro will come as a boon for many in Chennai in its sweltering heat. It covers an extremely traffic stretch , which is for one, I eagerly wait for it to happen.

The third and fourth phase track lines are planned to be built beneath my street , while crossing in ma area :woot::woot:

This is great news for the Chennai economy, a long awaited metro line.

Namma Metro is already operational in Bangalore! I hope Amma don't steal the idea & remove 'N' from Namma to make it her own metro! :sarcastic:

She have named everything after "Amma", and political parties have asked her to name TASMAC ( govt entity which sell Alcohol) and its drinks and stuffs after her :D
There is one called "Amma" water bottle at 10 Rupees. Some Pranksters took the cover picture of Amma water and pasted it on a beer bottle, and I was a hit over the internet :D

Back
Top Bottom