What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Probably around the same. It's not a redesign or anything.

I think it will control several combat drones, which expands its capability significantly.
In that case those will be loyal wingman stealth drones

J-20 is a great platform. Maybe just a little change will make it a 6th Gen fighter.

Probably around the same. It's not a redesign or anything.

I think it will control several combat drones, which expands its capability significantly.

Combat drones remote controlled by RIO or automated AI? Does China have automated AI because it is still under development in US. Whereas all existing drones and UCAV are still Remotely Piloted Vehicles (RPV) from forward airbase. If the UCAV is RPV then the RIO could only pilot 1x UCAV.
looks like they removed the vertical stabilizers too

If without vertical stabilizer and elevator/canard, the maneuverability will be poor like A-12 & B-2 unless fitted with TVC engines.

1636116222763.png

Its almost look like an utter joke if not borderline treason if China's future CV depend on the joke called FC-31 as its primer air defense fighters.
How do you know it's a joke? If you have information on its capabilities do share.

Bullshit. This statement reveals ignorance of flight controls laws.

Great, my old foe you're back. The A-12 and B-2 indeed have really poor maneuverability especially the yaw without the fin stabilizers. Since you're the expert, care to clarify since there's no maneuverable aircraft without fin stabilizer in active service so far. Also, I need you to explain the aircraft suited for carrier approach in J-15 thread.

Welcome you with the photo I took in the hanger of USS George Washington during friendly military visit.

Since moderator said we must post relevant topic, what do you think about the new J-20B twin seat variant? Is 32,000lb WS-10C engine adequate since it's carrying mostly air to air missiles internally? Is F-22 empty weight heavier or J-20 because Wikipedia specifications keep changing differ from my Jane's book info.

Attachments

• IMG-20211111-WA0079.jpg
    IMG-20211111-WA0079.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom