What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

can you provide any indication of what they are talking about???

at the SDF a member noted this:

I have been hearing a similar rumour about the maiden flight of a new J-20 variant over at cjdby. In the rumour I've been hearing it's a twin seat version. The rumour didn't say if it was regular twin seat or tandem seat.

Oh well, when even 秋秋Q30 confirms this!

I've checked my timeline and seems like no one is discussing about it?
"A major variant of J-20", Q30 has confirmed that it will be the long-rumored twin seater. He even already know the dimensions of the aircraft-despite of course he can't said the number.

But probably after the most recent Y-20B & WS-20 fiasco we all should be a bit more patient and careful with posting rumours, reports and images?

Last edited:
Give us the WS-15 already ... the twin seater can wait (I don't even think it is necessary at all).

I thought twin seater is also important.
Because the twin seater can control the wingman UCAV, right?
6gk2jk7ygmby7hzijuizymoir.jpg

4p05yzd3if8cv05rpx6ucqtiu.jpg

I would already be "drunk happy on the date when the news is revealed" when I see a WS-10C powered one in PLAAF grey with serial numbers of a new unit?

The way he put this one certainly looks like something bigger than that.

I suspect of a WS-15 powered J-20 finally surfaced to the public.

One very high-level scientist in military Aero-Engine tech, Liu Daxiang, told the media that WS-15 will be ready in 3-5 years, and he told that in 2017.

The way he put this one certainly looks like something bigger than that.

I suspect of a WS-15 powered J-20 finally surfaced to the public.

One very high-level scientist in military Aero-Engine tech, Liu Daxiang, told the media that WS-15 will be ready in 3-5 years, and he told that in 2017.
He said this in July 2018. Sometime in 2021 would be the best case scenario but I think 2023 is more realistic for design certification. We should probably see the WS-15 next year or the year after on a new J-20 prototype for flight testing should Dr. Liu's timeline be correct.

He said this in July 2018. Sometime in 2021 would be the best case scenario but I think 2023 is more realistic for design certification. We should probably see the WS-15 next year or the year after on a new J-20 prototype for flight testing should Dr. Liu's timeline be correct.

He said the engine will be ready by then, if the 3-5 year timeframe is right, then it is about time the prototype engine of WS-15 being fitting on J-20 for test.

Be ready means everything is done, that's means in 3-5 years you will finish the test of the engine (including test the engine in the target platform) and ready to go
its not easy that you thinks so, jet engine development is one of the most difficult industry very few have the capability to produce jet engine and you're quite new in this field, so delays is more probable

its not easy that you thinks so, jet engine development is one of the most difficult industry very few have the capability to produce jet engine and you're quite new in this field, so delays is more probable

Its not easy to dispute what expert says in the area his expertise lies, since Liu Daxiang is basically the highest-rank scientist in military aero-engine in China, I believe his words more than your ones.

Its not easy to dispute what expert says in the area his expertise lies, since Liu Daxiang is basically the highest-rank scientist in military aero-engine in China, I believe his words more than your ones.
And he was talking about from 2018
2018+5= 2023 it might be testing on ground than in 2021 or 2023 will start testing on J-20

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom