What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

China carried out an excercise where they pitted their j20 agaist their 3 rd generation plane. J20 scored 3.5:1 kill ratio. F22 has the same 100:1 kill ratio.
Where is your source? So far I've only heard of a 10:0 kill ratio for the J-20 in exercises against the J-10, J-11, and Su-30

How does it make sense when China flanker fleet are growing and old engine needs to be replace while no need order of AL-31 engines from Russia more than 3 years ago? Where do the new engines come from?

Do you really think China need license from Russia to do anything as long as China has the know how?
If the Chinese have the know how, then they wouldn't need to reverse engineer a Russian engine. They would place the resources into the WS-10

On PDF itself. Please search.

Oh come on?? There are hundreds of links, thousands of sometimes strange statements in this thread and now you quote something - in order to diminish the type's performance - without giving the source nor the number of aircrafts involved, mention no rules of engagements, just nothing? ... and then tell me to search on my own? :crazy:

If the Chinese have the know how, then they wouldn't need to reverse engineer a Russian engine. They would place the resources into the WS-10

AL-31 and WS-10 engines are 2 different design. AL-31 series may have more room for improvement due to backward of metallurgy like fan blade. Chinese improve on it and upgrade it. Plus it's good to have competition for a single area of products.

Oh come on?? There are hundreds of links, thousands of sometimes strange statements in this thread and now you quote something - in order to diminish the type's performance - without giving the source nor the number of aircrafts involved, mention no rules of engagements, just nothing? ... and then tell me to search on my own? :crazy:

It is a thread posted by me.

Oh come on !!

It's one thing to say a fighter that is just in operational service for two years with not the final engines "is not finished yet" - that is something no-one denies or questions - or to take a proven utterly wrong, misleading and plain stupid source (aka SCMP) as proof there is something wrong. :hitwall: :crazy:

Just take a look, you can find nearly in each of Minnie's reports mistakes not even the dumbest member here would do...

Not really, I see articles everywhere talking about the "operational J-20". I take what I can get, seeing as there isn't much else other than rando's on the internet. I didn't even say it was a good source so why so sore about it? I don't follow them close enough to even know who Minnie is that is a mouse to me. Which source is the obvious one I should have brought up?

How does it make sense when China flanker fleet are growing and old engine needs to be replace while no need order of AL-31 engines from Russia more than 3 years ago? Where do the new engines come from?

Do you really think China need license from Russia to do anything as long as China has the know how?

They can piss russia off by copying their design flagrantly then trying to sell it. That middle kingdom lawless attitude is already biting china in the *** as of late. What is the reason for the su-35 purchase? It was probably for the engines to help with j-20 but do you think anything else was coveted?

China carried out an excercise where they pitted their j20 agaist their 3 rd generation plane. J20 scored 3.5:1 kill ratio. F22 has the same 100:1 kill ratio.

How is a 3.5 to 1 ratio the same as over 100 to one?

Not really, I see articles everywhere talking about the "operational J-20". I take what I can get, seeing as there isn't much else other than rando's on the internet. I didn't even say it was a good source so why so sore about it? I don't follow them close enough to even know who Minnie is that is a mouse to me. Which source is the obvious one I should have brought up?

They can piss russia off by copying their design flagrantly then trying to sell it. That middle kingdom lawless attitude is already biting china in the *** as of late. What is the reason for the su-35 purchase? It was probably for the engines to help with j-20 but do you think anything else was coveted?

How is a 3.5 to 1 ratio the same as over 100 to one?
Who says they are same?

Yes yes, only Chinese copy... Russian, American don't. :enjoy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-4

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articl...try-was-woven-from-intellectual-espionage.amp

You have to go back to the 1700s I see quite telling. We are flattered that you think our designs and way of doing things is the best. Now if you would take our governance model you would be golden. The russians were not as good at stealing tech as the chinese have been in recent years. Times are changing and it won't be business as usual anymore so everyone will have to adapt tactics. Bringing things back to j-20, J-20 should have been called the sneaky snake. I say that because its best chance is to dart forward toward some strategic target and launch as far as possible and run. It may be stealthy enough for that to be a viable tactic but I don't think it is intended to confront f-22/35 directly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom