What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

You have to go back to the 1700s I see quite telling. We are flattered that you think our designs and way of doing things is the best.
Why? Does it matter? If You killed somebody 200 years ago and after that it will not make u a murderer now?

Or maybe went out of reason to rebute? How about swedish 40mm bofor gun?

Why? Does it matter? If You killed somebody 200 years ago and after that it will not make u a murderer now?

Or maybe went out of reason to rebute? How about swedish 40mm bofor gun?
Would be hard to kill someone 200 years ago. Sure we sometimes use other peoples stuff, but we come up with a lot of our own also. If you copy like 5 times as much as everybody else don't be surprised when people notice. It is efficient but it's not winning any good will and china can't do whatever it wants without repercussions. I almost feel bad for them they were taught for decades they could lie cheat and steal and the US would put up with it and all the sudden common sense kicks in. But this is getting off topic what did you think of my j-20 assessment? It would also be in line with the emphasis on long range anti awac missiles.

Would be hard to kill someone 200 years ago. Sure we sometimes use other peoples stuff, but we come up with a lot of our own also. If you copy like 5 times as much as everybody else don't be surprised when people notice. It is efficient but it's not winning any good will and china can't do whatever it wants without repercussions. I almost feel bad for them they were taught for decades they could lie cheat and steal and the US would put up with it and all the sudden common sense kicks in. But this is getting off topic what did you think of my j-20 assessment? It would also be in line with the emphasis on long range anti awac missiles.
Precisely, every major power started with copy first. Even america is not exempted. Same as Japan in WWII. But what matters is the country who acquire the technology will slowly evolve in their own innovation.

Just like China J-20 and many weaponery.

You are a joke. America spies and steals from the world ever since they stole the lands from the First Nations people. They stole from Britain, France, Germany/Nazis, Imperial Japan, etc. Today, they use Cisco and other telecommunications hardware with NSA backdoors and other Trojan horses (as per Edward Snowden). They're hypocritically screaming about Huawei with lies to deflect attention away from their decades of vast intellectual property theft.

The US regime is the world's #1 sponsor and instigator of global terrorism. They have butchered over 20 million innocent people since the end of ww2. The US regime has zero credibility. Remember their fake wmd in Iraq and fake Gulf of Tonkin incident. Lying is a defining trait of the US totalitarian regime.

OMawpLS.jpg

All governments are demonic, there are two types though. Those who at least pretend to respect the will and rights of the people and those who don't.

Governments can become very bad and use their power to further themselves of course. But pretending to be good while behaving badly is maybe even worse because it makes many innocent people believe and allow that government to do the evil things. This is too political and this thread is already well off topic. But best thing is to agree there are problems all over the world and we can begin solving them by starting with this understanding.

China copies a lot. This is a fact. It saves time and money from wasting on experimenting when the principles are already understood. Of course trying to catch up the massive gap is hard and almost impossible. We may never see African nations and other hundreds of countries catch up to technology of Europe, Canada, USA, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and now China... maybe Brazil and India in there too. So copying was China's best method. Now all the investments in technology and the tools like schools and research centers have helped China create the foundation for future. Already we see big improvements in supercomputing, space, materials, software, telecommunication, manufacturing, in China. Not the best but everyone starts somewhere. Same with J-20. They copied American stealth idea of reducing RCS. The method they applied is also similar, managing radio frequency using shaping, material, and electronic methods. They understood the principles and went to replicate those effects. As long as it is effective, we don't care if it's copied or not. You can give a country like Australia the technology, but they will not have the tools and funding to do it even if they have the brains. So copying like Japan also did, South Korea too. Russia and Soviet Union copied the west a lot. So did Germany in the past with cheap labor and industry to compete with France and UK. In history, everyone has copied from the best. Until they achieve a level where they are confident in moving in different directions without losing money and time. That time hasn't come to China just now in every industry. Only telecommunication is strong and arguably some supercomputing areas but fabricating the chips is still a challenge which soon will disappear in coming years.

We will continue to learn and copy until we have learned enough. It is still school time but at least Chinese understand we are behind. No arrogance and we are still many times better than those who have not even started year 1 class like 90% of the world population. Only the western nations can laugh at us if they want to but the rest of the world laugh with them even though they are much worse than China is and cannot copy even if given the opportunity. Western nations does choose to confront China about the copying issues with trade war but that's economics. Economically many western innovations are paid for by customers around the world not just in the western nations. Chinese government understand they have power because they control the population more than the western governments can control their's. So they bargain using the size of Chinese market. They can say a lot of Apple's profits are because of Chinese consumers so if they want access to Chinese consumers, they must find Chinese manufacturing businesses to partner with or move production out of China. They can do that if they wish. Not a hostage at all but they know their chances of finding equal value and quality for the dollar spent in other countries and no country has transport facilities and ports that can operate as smoothly and deliver on time as those businesses require their supply chain to operate. China's biggest advantage in competition with others is no longer cheap labor because other places offer even cheaper labor, it is in infrastructure and supply chain management.

Last edited:
My opinion is China should do what ever it has to do to beat America bullies. Copy or not can't be less important. I would be highly disappointed if the current Chinese leadership can't give some hope to other developing countries under such bullies.

You have to go back to the 1700s I see quite telling. We are flattered that you think our designs and way of doing things is the best. Now if you would take our governance model you would be golden. The russians were not as good at stealing tech as the chinese have been in recent years. Times are changing and it won't be business as usual anymore so everyone will have to adapt tactics. Bringing things back to j-20, J-20 should have been called the sneaky snake. I say that because its best chance is to dart forward toward some strategic target and launch as far as possible and run. It may be stealthy enough for that to be a viable tactic but I don't think it is intended to confront f-22/35 directly.

The US wasted trillions on military development contracts over decades and you're still struggling to keep up with Chinese military development, that's not something to be proud of. As for the governance model, it's a complete joke.

My opinion is China should do what ever it has to do to beat America bullies. Copy or not can't be less important. I would be highly disappointed if the current Chinese leadership can't give some hope to other developing countries under such bullies.

1. China has no right to call anybody a bully. 2. You may be getting ahead faster but are also making enemies and not playing the long game as well as they used to. 3. I think China had a pragmatic strategy for a while but they overplayed their hand and have outed themselves and made many enemies. 4. Will ws-15 require a redesign of j-20? 5. Any reports on j-20 performance in exercises? I say someone was talking about kill ratios earlier.

The US wasted trillions on military development contracts over decades and you're still struggling to keep up with Chinese military development, that's not something to be proud of. As for the governance model, it's a complete joke.

Sarcasm?

I said F22 has 100:1 agaonst 3.5:1 of chinese j20.
I have never seen this alleged 3.5 to 1 kill ratio for the J-20 ... why don't you present us a credible source instead of repeating this unsubstantiated claim?

:Dsheer jealous
They are still reeling from their dead on arrival FGFAs :p:

You are a joke. America spies and steals from the world ever since they stole the lands from the First Nations people. They stole from Britain, France, Germany/Nazis, Imperial Japan, etc. Today, they use Cisco and other telecommunications hardware with NSA backdoors and other Trojan horses (as per Edward Snowden). They're hypocritically screaming about Huawei with lies to deflect attention away from their decades of vast intellectual property theft.

The US regime is the world's #1 sponsor and instigator of global terrorism. They have butchered over 20 million innocent people since the end of ww2. The US regime has zero credibility. Remember their fake wmd in Iraq and fake Gulf of Tonkin incident. Lying is a defining trait of the US totalitarian regime.

OMawpLS.jpg
Theres nothing wrong with stealing imo. However there is something wrong with hypocritically blaming others for stealing. All great nations are forged on innovation and theft. The United states is no different.

:Dsheer jealous

It was Chinese exercise not not my imagination you should have told them not to public outcome so that you guys have a convince in bragging.

I have never seen this alleged 3.5 to 1 kill ratio for the J-20 ... why don't you present us a credible source instead of repeating this unsubstantiated claim?

find out your self . it is here on pdf only.

Back
Top Bottom