What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

I’m not convinced that the J20 only cost 1/3 of F22, the so called cheap labor is insignificant and a myth, I expect some subsystem of the J20 cost even more than the F22 equivalent, but I believe the operation & maintenance cost of J20 is much lower.
There is no term called cheap labor when it comes to high end technology.

You better educate yourself properly and quickly before you post anything about CHN again.
Otherwise, you make yourself acting like an outdated small time dimwit.
Quickly learn about today Communist PRC and open your EYES Wide and Clear.

~ Learn how CHN has already significantly SURPASSED Americun in
Hypersonic, Quantum tech, and EXASCALE Supercomputing.

The government is tight lipped, the contractors aren't saying much and there is plenty of reason to believe j-20 is not finished yet so why is it so ridiculous to at least bring up claims? It's not like they sound outlandish, is the some sort of wrong think? Communist prc are under tariffs and at the rate they are going maybe sanctions. China has not been confirmed to have surpassed in any other those save the hypersonic glide vehicle that is basically a modified mirv warhead. The supercomputing race jumps back and forth I just read somewhere that the US has the fastest supercomputer again what whatever that's worth. Not sure what you are trying to get across but I don't just believe government propaganda and I won't be put in a camp for it here.

The government is tight lipped, the contractors aren't saying much and there is plenty of reason to believe j-20 is not finished yet so why is it so ridiculous to at least bring up claims? It's not like they sound outlandish, is the some sort of wrong think? Communist prc are under tariffs and at the rate they are going maybe sanctions. China has not been confirmed to have surpassed in any other those save the hypersonic glide vehicle that is basically a modified mirv warhead. The supercomputing race jumps back and forth I just read somewhere that the US has the fastest supercomputer again what whatever that's worth. Not sure what you are trying to get across but I don't just believe government propaganda and I won't be put in a camp for it here.
It's not just government propaganda. These claims have been stated by Western media as well. Sure NYT is not a mouthpiece of the Chinese Communist Party right?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/technology/quantum-encryption.html

It's not just government propaganda. These claims have been stated by Western media as well. Sure NYT is not a mouthpiece of the Chinese Communist Party right?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/03/technology/quantum-encryption.html

Actually I am not so sure. Our media are communist sympathizers and are notorious for low quality across the board. The nytimes to my knowledge does not have the most unbiased reputation. I read the article and like so many other things we'll see.

Standard AL-31 would not be noteworthy for this cartoon ... the focus here seems to be on engines

"AL31FN-SEP3" with indigenous 3rd-generation single-crystal blade for higher turbine inlet temperature

Oh come on !!

It's one thing to say a fighter that is just in operational service for two years with not the final engines "is not finished yet" - that is something no-one denies or questions - or to take a proven utterly wrong, misleading and plain stupid source (aka SCMP) as proof there is something wrong. :hitwall: :crazy:

Just take a look, you can find nearly in each of Minnie's reports mistakes not even the dumbest member here would do...

"AL31FN-SEP3" with indigenous 3rd-generation single-crystal blade for higher turbine inlet temperature
In fact the whole engine is made in China despite being AL-31FN series.

How does that make sense it China hasn't received an export license from Russia?
How does it make sense when China flanker fleet are growing and old engine needs to be replace while no need order of AL-31 engines from Russia more than 3 years ago? Where do the new engines come from?

Do you really think China need license from Russia to do anything as long as China has the know how?

China carried out an excercise where they pitted their j20 agaist their 3 rd generation plane. J20 scored 3.5:1 kill ratio. F22 has the same 100:1 kill ratio.

China carried out an excercise where they pitted their j20 agaist their 3 rd generation plane. J20 scored 3.5:1 kill ratio. F22 has the same 100:1 kill ratio.

Please mention the source and conditions under which allegedly these results were achieved!

Otherwise I think it's difficult or even impossible to compare anything.

Back
Top Bottom