What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Think the one major R&D cost to be added is the WS-15 engine.

I don't think that WS-15 R&D cost will only be put into J-20 cost. Because that engine can also be put into another Chinese Fighters. Like maybe the future J-10 will adopt WS-15 instead of WS-10 like now. Or maybe the next generation PLANAF Naval Aircraft engine? Or perhaps the next generation of Flanker engine. Who know.

From where you know about those many issues?
SCMP posts some articles among others. Listed issues include stealth, the IRST, and some others but the engines seem to get the most publicity. I don't see how all that can be fixed and the design altered without additional billions.

SCMP posts some articles among others. Listed issues include stealth, the IRST, and some others but the engines seem to get the most publicity. I don't see how all that can be fixed and the design altered without additional billions.
SCMP is not a reliable source I’m afraid

On twitter Minnie chan n her small number of brainless fans are just animals exhibited in the zoo now, being laughed at by hundreds of thousand passengers everyday...

What is? Either way they are still working on something so that doesn't change my original point.

Why do you think so? Really, NO-one takes her seriously, not anyone with the slightest understanding or knowledge. Her reports are not only utterly wrong and misleading, she mixes the simplest facts or get them wrong and always refers to an "unnamed insider".

At the SDF one well respected member even joked this "unnamed insider" might be Andrey Chang. :partay:

So in essence: forget and to keep insisting on any of her strange thoughts as a hint there might be something wrong only makes a fool out of you.

SCMP has no reliable sources. So they just lie. Unfortunately their made-up stories look so fake that I think they should consider firing those on the writing role as those employees are so incompetent.

You better educate yourself properly and quickly before you post anything about CHN again.
Otherwise, you make yourself acting like an outdated small time dimwit.
Quickly learn about today Communist PRC and open your EYES Wide and Clear.

~ Learn how CHN has already significantly SURPASSED Americun in
Hypersonic, Quantum tech, and EXASCALE Supercomputing.

You better educate yourself properly and quickly before you post anything about CHN again.
Otherwise, you make yourself acting like an outdated small time dimwit.
Quickly learn about today Communist PRC and open your EYES Wide and Clear.

~ Learn how CHN has already significantly SURPASSED Americun in
Hypersonic, Quantum tech, and EXASCALE Supercomputing.

Not entirely in agreement - China made surely some impressive achievements - but concerning "surpassing the USA" I would be very, very careful.

Even more however again I'm concerned by your tone; so again: Calm down in the way you post. :angry:

via by78/SDF:

The caption in the upper right is in the form of a conversation between two individuals, which I will translate below:
Unnamed person, "Mr. Wang, Chrysanthemums (engines) are all lined up, we are going to be busy around the end of the year."

Mr. Wang replies, “Oh it's nothing."

I'm not certain what these engines are, probably WS10 variant(s)?

Based on the drawings, what do you guys think?

J-20A + new engines maybe cartoon.jpg

The engines don't have the serrated nozzles of the WS-10B nor are they the thrust-vectoring variant seen on the J-10B at Zhuhai. Looks to be standard AL-31s, nothing to get too excited about. Could just mean that more J-20 airframes are rolling off the line.

The engines don't have the serrated nozzles of the WS-10B nor are they the thrust-vectoring variant seen on the J-10B at Zhuhai. Looks to be standard AL-31s, nothing to get too excited about. Could just mean that more J-20 airframes are rolling off the line.
Standard AL-31 would not be noteworthy for this cartoon ... the focus here seems to be on engines

Back
Top Bottom