What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

J20T.jpg

"none of us can say that FC-31 is dead"

Yes, we can say it. This stupid "thing" is dead, dead, . . . and dead. It never had a chance, in the first place. Now, I have said it. Are you happy now?

Last edited:
"none of us can say that FC-31 is dead"

Yes, we can say it. This stupid "thing" is dead, dead, . . . and dead. It never had a chance, in the first place. Now, I have said it. Are you happy now?
Mr @Asoka your @$$ is dead, its a export oriented jet, with a chance to be get inducted by PLNAF, for aircraft carrier J-20 will be too large and extremely heavy so there is a chance for FC-31 to be inducted by PLNAF because its a medium weight jet Mr @Asoka you fool:blah::blah:

Mr @Asoka your @$$ is dead, its a export oriented jet, with a chance to be get inducted by PLNAF, for aircraft carrier J-20 will be too large and extremely heavy so there is a chance for FC-31 to be inducted by PLNAF because its a medium weight jet Mr @Asoka you fool:blah::blah:
@Asoka hates the FC-31 ... he referred to it as "trash" that no-one wanted ... as I say, he's a J-20 fanboi

@Asoka hates the FC-31 ... he referred to it as "trash" that no-one wanted ... as I say, he's a J-20 fanboi
In my view Mr. @Figaro FC-31 has better STEALTH SHAPE as compare to J-20, J-20 has a CANARD which is bad for stealth and also J-20 has a ventral fins which also bad for stealth, overall FC-31 is far better in the term of shape wise as compare to J-20, you increase surface area of your stealth jet then you have more chance to get detected by radars just my 2 cent:angel:

In my view Mr. @Figaro FC-31 has better STEALTH SHAPE as compare to J-20, J-20 has a CANARD which is bad for stealth and also J-20 has a ventral fins which also bad for stealth, overall FC-31 is far better in the term of shape wise as compare to J-20, you increase surface area of your stealth jet then you have more chance to get detected by radars just my 2 cent:angel:
Canards and ventral fins aren't necessarily bad for stealth. Multiple USAF stealth fighter prototypes incorporated canards; the notion that they have bad RCS is simply false. In this regard, @Asoka is correct. The J-20 probably does have better RCS, especially in the front. Regarding increased surface area, I'm not sure about the impact on stealth because there are a lot more factors at hand ... Dr. Carlo Kopp estimated that the J-20's stealth falls between the F-22 and F-35, which makes it quite decent and most definitely superior to the FC-31. And also, why do you keep responding to Asoka’s posts ... if you don’t like what he has to say, simply ignore him.

Canards and ventral fins aren't necessarily bad for stealth. Multiple USAF stealth fighter prototypes incorporated canards; the notion that they have bad RCS is simply false. In this regard, @Asoka is correct. The J-20 probably does have better RCS, especially in the front. Regarding increased surface area, I'm not sure about the impact on stealth because there are a lot more factors at hand ... Dr. Carlo Kopp estimated that the J-20's stealth falls between the F-22 and F-35, which makes it quite decent and most definitely superior to the FC-31
So why they put production of CANARD with Stealth Fuselage from ATF and early JSF competitions, there were lots of CANARD based design on both competitionso_O and Dr. Carlo Kopp estimate front/headon RCS of J-20 multiple radars from different angles can be detect J-20 relatively ease from sides/turning and slanting/diagonal angles because of extra surface area that CANARD and ventral fins gives to radars

So why they put production of CANARD with Stealth Fuselage from ATF and early JSF competitions, there were lots of CANARD based design on both competitionso_O and Dr. Carlo Kopp estimate front/headon RCS of J-20 multiple radars from different angles can be detect J-20 relatively ease from sides/turning and slanting/diagonal angles because of extra surface area that CANARD and ventral fins gives to radars
Dr. Carlo Kopp did a full overview of the J-20 on multiple axes ... not just heads on. The extra surface area is nonsense ... canards don't inhibit stealth characteristics. And the reason why JSF didn't end up with canards was not due to stealth problems at all ...

Dr. Carlo Kopp did a full overview of the J-20 on multiple axes ... not just heads on. The extra surface area is nonsense ... canards don't inhibit stealth characteristics. And the reason why JSF didn't end up with canards was not due to stealth problems at all ...
But multiple radars:agree: on different angles not one radar :disagree:may chance that J-20 detected/track relatively easily, as for your information Dr. Carlo Kopp is not RCS expert:p:

But multiple radars:agree: on different angles not one radar :disagree:may chance that J-20 detected/track relatively easily, as for your information Dr. Carlo Kopp is not RCS expert:p:
You're not a RCS expert either ... by the same logic, the F-35 and F-22 can also be tracked "easily" (which is wrong). The RCS analysis was clearly focused on multiple angles ... regardless, I am not a RCS expert either. But Carlo Kopp's analysis the closest we have to the actual thing ... only the PLAAF knows the true RCS figures and I'm confident that they won't make a poor decision when it comes to RCS ... anyways ...
@pakistanipower, please stop responding to Asoka's posts. Why is it so hard just for you to ignore him? He's not forcing you to listen to his dumb arguments ... and yet you fill this thread with bold lettered posts bashing him. I've already told you repeatedly if you don't want to hear what he has to offer, then simply block him. Is it really that big of a task?

" J-20 will be too large and extremely heavy "

hey PakistaniGuy, Mr. Deino and all other people says J-20's overall length is only 20.35m, less than J-15's 21.19m , while I claim it's 23m, the same as the F-111. And many Chinese jokers claims J-20 weights only 15 tons, 2.5 tons less than J-15's 18 tons, while I claims J-20 weights at least +22 tons (about same as F-111), or at least 2 tons more than F-22.

And if J-15 IS larger and heavier than J-20, as those jokers claimed, it didn't prevent J-15 to be China's first carrier based fighter. I guess you have never heard of folding the wings and use CATAPULT to launch the planes on aircraft carriers, do you?

upload_2017-10-1_22-4-24.png

Are you saying, you are finally agreed with me on something, that J-20 is large and heavy? If so, you are not such a big joker, as I think you are.

And despite being a very large and heavy aircraft (23m, and 22 tons, which is about the same as J-20, I believed), F-111 has no problem landing and take off from a US aircraft carrier.

upload_2017-10-1_22-1-36.png

upload_2017-10-1_22-1-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-1_22-3-56.png
    upload_2017-10-1_22-3-56.png
    375.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom