What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

:-)

J-20A 78275 - 176. Brigade Milka dots camo - 20170303.jpg

@Deino "Finally, You get it !

It was always only You, who claimed the left image, being a photoshop-fake, and I was saying from the beginning, it IS real."

From the beginning, I don't KNOW what to make of the first image, therefore, I have reserved my opinion.

Then second picture came out and was immediately pointed out as fake by Deino, and Figaro. Then, I connected the dots by noticing the identical large gaps. Further, i noticed BOTH pics was originated from the same professional rumor-monger, who never posted anything about J-20, before.

Therefore, I deduced BOTH pics, ware faked, by the same faker, in the same way, using the same WS-10 nozzle picture, copy and pasted onto two different J-2o pics.

If the first pic also shown the complete J-20, (as in second pic) instead of just the backside, it would be immediately spotted as fake by members such as Deino, IMO.

Note: Now, despite, what I think of the two images, I have not entirely discounted the possibility that WS-10 could be or will be installed on J-20, in the future.

In the private messages with @Figaro, before the second image came out, I have indicated that WS-15 may still have mass production problems, not yet resolved, despite the testings have been completed and passed verification.

Therefore, J-20 with WS-10 could temporary filled the production gap, and used to train the huge number of new pilots, for the necessary familiarization flights, with J-20.

Now, a second possibility has emerged. That J-20 flying with WS-10 could be an export version with a downgraded engine, and downgraded AESA radar and avionics. This could eliminate the risk of exposing the secrets of WS-15 to American agents in Pakistan.

What I disagree, is the implications of WS-10, being installed on J-20.

When the first image came out, some people, immediately, used it as "proof" that WS-15 was never installed, and never flown on J-20, because the Chinese engineers, has just now figured out, how to put, WS-10 on J-20, despite the fact, that it's been flown on hundreds of J-10 and J-11s, J-15, and J-16, for years, now.

And so, then those same people made GIANT QUANTUM LEAP OF LOGIC that J-20 must be flown with a Russian AL-31 variant engine, since 2011.

I don't know how they made this GIANT QUANTUM LEAP OF LOGIC. It seems to me if WS-10 and WS-15 was never flown on J-20, before, it doesn't has to mean that J-20 was flying with a Russian AL-31 variant engine.

J-20 COULD HAVE FLOWN WITH A NUMBER OF OTHER ENGINES.

1.) Such as the German engine, Junkers Jumo 210, that powered the world's first operational jet fighter,
Messerschmitt Me 262.
Messerschmitt_Me_262A_at_the_National_Museum_of_the_USAF.jpg

2.) The excellent Indian made Kaveri engine, which was designed to power the outstanding air superiority fighter, TEJAS.
300px-GTX-35VS_Kaveri.jpg

3.) or the most powerful P&W F119 engine that powers the American F-22 stealth fighter.
_F119_Engine.jpg

4. or the Warp engines of the Star Trek Enterprise.
the_galaxy_dreadnought_by_jimlogan1701-d5njloj.jpg

5. In fact, J-20 could have flown with any diesel, marine, turboprop, piston, turbofan fan engines, in the past 6 years, IMO.
0c5d9a4fbae5ceb15f37046ffdf2acc0--diesel-engine-mechanical-engineering.jpg

Note: I have not lost my mind, and finally went crazy. I just want to indulge myself, by living completely LOGIC-FREE for a day or two, like those who ignored all evidences and logics,I have presented, and keep insisting J-20 was flying with a AL-31, for the past 6 years.

I just want feel whats like to be living, in the LOGIC-FREE LAND, like those Russian AL-31 engine theory supporters, for a while.

My conclusion: That J-20 has been flying, a prototype of WS-15, since day one, and the production version of WS-15, is now officially, in service, with the LRIP version of J-20 -- has not been changed.

And I still think WS-15, is, indeed, mega-powerful. And it has, at least, 210kN of wet Thrust, and it has 3D-TVC engine nozzles.

Last edited:
I've been feeling boring about J20, looking forward the 6th gen.

If there is no breakthrough in the way they propel the fighter jet, all design seems very much alike and boring.

I've been feeling boring about J20, looking forward the 6th gen.

If there is no breakthrough in the way they propel the fighter jet, all design seems very much alike and boring.
Oh geez ... how can one even talk about a 6th generation jet when they haven't even mastered its predecessor? Just look at the US with the F-35 or Russia with Su-57. Even the Chinese I bet haven't fully mastered the technologies in the J-20 ... and what do you mean by "breakthroughs" in jet propulsion ... all these countries will continue relying on turbofans for many decades to come ...

If you don't like him, just ignore him. Please don't respond to his messages anymore ... there's no need to post a bunch of posts bashing @Asoka; he has a right to express his nonsense unfortunately ...

Check every Chinese and pak thread / forum, same question and Points and objections

Opposition for the sake of opposition

Stop complaining, Move on put in ignore list you, you are to be blamed

:D

Check every Chinese and pak thread / forum, same question and Points and objections

Opposition for the sake of opposition

Stop complaining, Move on put in ignore list you, you are to be blamed

:D
You had a good intention, it's well noted and appreciated.... I also much agree with that.

But you should get used to read accurately first before responding, moreover those provoking posts are so obvious for being styled in bold red color.... otherwise you will just fire to the wrong target [who's indeed inline with your intention] as you just did above... thus be quite amusing when I read on this thread... ha ha :cheesy::rofl: what fun to start a beautiful Sunday :coffee:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom