What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

So
By the way ... were any new LRIP-birds spotted at CAC recently ?

As far as I remember the most recent one was the one with "15" on the MLG-doors.

Deino
some Sources claim 16 & 17

BRO, my country is majority CHINESE and even we have a fucking hard time understanding the technical document from China. even something as simple as the type of atomic bonding which you learn in middle school, most translator even trained human translator will have difficulty translating it from chinese to english. scientific language is something few translator can manage and that is the fact. you have to be a trained engineer to understand what they are talking about, much less translate it.

hell even the chinese translator we hired from CHINA get the term wrong way too many times. they can't even translate my name correctly and i am ethnically chinese. chinese as a language is way more complex because chinese really isn't a language, it a family of language and that are several way of saying the same thing and the same word can have up to a dozen different meanings. :P
Well then you guys need better translators ... Singapore is 80% Chinese and they still stick to traditional.

So

some Sources claim 16 & 17

Well then you guys need better translators ... Singapore is 80% Chinese and they still stick to traditional.
To set it straight both Chinese Malaysian and Chinese Singaporean are adopting the Simplified Chinese instead of Traditional Chinese. Only Taiwan and Hong Kong SAR (and Macao!?) are using the Traditional Chinese.

But no images yet ! :cray: The most recent image I have is from the 11. June.
They supposedly came out with number 15 in the same batch. And let's not forget those unmarked serials ...

To set it straight both Chinese Malaysian and Chinese Singaporean are adopting the Simplified Chinese instead of Traditional Chinese. Only Taiwan and Hong Kong SAR (and Macao!?) are using the Traditional Chinese.
Traditional is very outdated ... simple ... and many overseas cannot speak Mandarin, mostly Hokkien

Traditional is very outdated ... simple ... and many overseas cannot speak Mandarin, mostly Hokkien
I read on CJDBY that there's at least 24 current LRIP planes from 2 production lines. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.deagel.com/Combat-Aircraft/J-25_a002931001.aspx
What aircraft are they incorrectly referencing here? Is it the FC-31 or J-20? Deagel is normally pretty accurate when it comes to specifications.

"Description: The People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) J-25, also called the Ghost Bird, is a heavy stealth fighter developed by China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation to counter the US Air Force F-22 Raptor.

The J-25 features a delta-wing airframe with canard fore-planes delivering superior stealth characteristics and potentially more advanced weapons, sensors as well as aerodynamic performance including supercruise speed.

The new aircraft is not based in technology supplied from Russia but seems to be a Chinese-made product from end to end. The J-25 along with the J-23 have already participated in military drills in the Pacific area. Chinese and Israeli sources revealed the existence of the J-23 and J-25 stealth fighters in late 2013.

The same sources also refer to the Chinese intention to equip the new aircraft with 117S thrust vectoring engines from Russia or a similar Chinese engine to enhance its maneuverability."

OMG! Who can believe this sh*t? This is one of the worst B.S. I have seen yet. Not even the Chinese fanboys could make this up.

"Description: The People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) J-25, also called the Ghost Bird, is a heavy stealth fighter developed by China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation to counter the US Air Force F-22 Raptor.

The J-25 features a delta-wing airframe with canard fore-planes delivering superior stealth characteristics and potentially more advanced weapons, sensors as well as aerodynamic performance including supercruise speed.

The new aircraft is not based in technology supplied from Russia but seems to be a Chinese-made product from end to end. The J-25 along with the J-23 have already participated in military drills in the Pacific area. Chinese and Israeli sources revealed the existence of the J-23 and J-25 stealth fighters in late 2013.

The same sources also refer to the Chinese intention to equip the new aircraft with 117S thrust vectoring engines from Russia or a similar Chinese engine to enhance its maneuverability."

OMG! Who can believe this sh*t? This is one of the worst B.S. I have seen yet. Not even the Chinese fanboys could make this up.
Deagel normally gets Chinese weapons correct ... dunno how they screwed up so badly here. Even if this article is fake, it's better than the trash Alex Lockie or Dave Mujamundar writes ...

Not only Hokkien. There are also Hakka. Dunno which bigger between the two. Traditional is more complex. The simplified is easier to learn. There is one more country that still use traditional Chinese Character. That's Japan.

I'm from the old school. I still read and write in traditional Chinese. Furthermore I am a Buddhist and almost all Buddhist sutras are in traditional Chinese characters.

Not only Hokkien. There are also Hakka. Dunno which bigger between the two. Traditional is more complex. The simplified is easier to learn. There is one more country that still use traditional Chinese Character. That's Japan.
Japanese Kanji is not the same as traditional Chinese ... although both share similarities

If it is a "heavy air superiority fighter" -- in your own words -- then it probably cannot perform those functions very well. Those secondary functions have their own dedicated platforms.
why not? they did it few months ago anyway`````

But we all know that the WS-15 is progressing very smoothly and will be incorporated into the J-20 within the next year or two.
that is probably the amount of times for WS-15 to finish its test and to get her initial "certificate" in the first place```engine at this category is a hard nut, that only the U.S has cracked it successfully a decade ago with excessive experiences```more exciting news will come, I say, probably after 2020```the current "hybird" engine is doing just fine``

that is probably the amount of times for WS-15 to finish its test and to get her initial "certificate" in the first place```engine at this category is a hard nut, that only the U.S has cracked it successfully a decade ago with excessive experiences```more exciting news will come, I say, probably after 2020```the current "hybird" engine is doing just fine``
A fighter jet is not an all in one plane. We know that the J-20 is a dedicated air superiority fighter; we don't know about how well it can perform strike or interception roles. The F-22 is also a dedicated air superiority fighter. We also know that it's ideal configuration is not in strike or interception. If you read Dr. Song Wenchong's aerodynamics paper, you'll see that the attributes of the J-20 clearly suit subsonic and supersonic maneuverability, which are not necessarily good attributes when it comes to strike fighters or interceptors.

hybird
I take issue with this "Frankenstein" theory where a Russian engine is "mated" with a Chinese one. This is not only technically unfeasible but also an extremely burdensome process. Either the J-20 is using a WS-10X engine or a variant of the AL-31F family but definitely not a weird fusion.

A fighter jet is not an all in one plane. We know that the J-20 is a dedicated air superiority fighter; we don't know about how well it can perform strike or interception roles. The F-22 is also a dedicated air superiority fighter. We also know that it's ideal configuration is not in strike or interception. If you read Dr. Song Wenchong's aerodynamics paper, you'll see that the attributes of the J-20 clearly suit subsonic and supersonic maneuverability, which are not necessarily good attributes when it comes to strike fighters or interceptors.

hybird
I take issue with this "Frankenstein" theory where a Russian engine is "mated" with a Chinese one. This is not only technically unfeasible but also an extremely burdensome process. Either the J-20 is using a WS-10X engine or a variant of the AL-31F family but definitely not a weird fusion.
Will J-7G essentially considered a family of Mig-21 but technology belongs to China and made in China?

The most distinctive feature is the crank delta wing which improves low attitude handling and increase fuel load. Different from other Mig-21.

Can we borrow this analogy to J-20 domestic made engines?

Will J-7G essentially considered a family of Mig-21 but technology belongs to China and made in China?

The most distinctive feature is the crank delta wing which improves low attitude handling and increase fuel load. Different from other Mig-21.

Can we borrow this analogy to J-20 domestic made engines?
I don't understand what you're trying to compare here. The Chinese Mig-21 variants were not under-powered by any means. If the J-20 is using an imported Russian engine, chances are it is highly underpowered.

hybird
so what is the "needed" characteristics for it to be a "dedicated" interceptor?
air-superiority = dog fight? or = BV fight? or? ````because when seriouse war breaks out, what they are looking for is the ones that has the best pull of passive and active evasion (stealth is in the passive evasion tech family) plus longest fist```

and in terms of the hybird thing, we are quite good at it for decades```it is not confined with the conventinal thoughts of taking few parts of A's to be "mixed" with few parts taken from B's, and to make a hybird C````there are quite a lot things that those people have done, that seem very "frankenstein" to people like us,

Back
Top Bottom