What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

You can say whatever you want, it doesn't bother me at all.
It does not bother you because the technical details went whooosh over your head. Distortion of what people say is stock in trade for you PDF Chinese.

Just like those anti-China trolls keep babbling about how the J-20 is still using the AL-31F, and I won't even bother to reply them anymore.

Because for them, a lie repeating in thousand times can become the truth, while for me, a lie repeating in thousand times is still a lie.
News for you, son. I never said anything about which engine the J-20 uses. Because I do not keep track of the jet. So you can accuse me of 'lying' all you want and all it does is reinforce people's perception that you are a dishonest person.

You can say whatever you want, it doesn't bother me at all.

Just like those anti-China trolls keep babbling about how the J-20 is still using the AL-31F, and I won't even bother to reply them anymore.

Because for them, a lie repeating in thousand times can become the truth, while for me, a lie repeating in thousand times is still a lie.

"Because for them, a lie repeating in thousand times can become the truth, while for me, a lie repeating in thousand times is still a lie."

That's right. No one has any proofs or reports of sales and delivery of this mystical Russian "AL-31FN-M2" engine to China, in the last 6 years.

Yet that don't prevents them from repeating this lies, a thousand times and more.

J-20 has already entered LRIP.

Where and how will China get this steady supply of "AL-31FN-M2" engines, to equip J-20, if there is no contract placed with the Russians, years ago?

And "AL-31FN-M2" was announced by Russian on 2012, which is more than a full year, AFTER, J-20 was flown on Jan 2011.

How could J-20 had flown, more a year, before this mystical "AL-31FN-M2" engine, was even existed/announced?

I ask for a proof and you give me your personal opinion? Is this what you can do? Please provide solid proof of the so called magical AL-31 FM2 engine materialized or even exported. I dont know to hear your agenda. I need proof.

If such magical engine exist for export to PLAAF, there wouldn't even be a big roar about exporting Su-35 plane to PLAAF with Russian declare no separated engine sales.

"I ask for a proof and you give me your personal opinion? Is this what you can do? Please provide solid proof of the so called magical AL-31 FM2 engine materialized or even exported. I dont know to hear your agenda. I need proof."

The basic fact is there isn't any proofs that this AL-31 FM2 engine, has sold and delivery to China. Even Mr. Deino has used this outlandish argument that J-20 is using a Chinese made Russian AL-31 FM2 engine, to cover his track, that there was absolutely no report of sales and delivery..

@Asok I simply beg You to shut up.

We had thus discussion so often and we came to the conclusion that no one exactly knows what type of engine it is. You have your hyper ws-15 theory - with imo not a single proof - and others including me have the AL-31-based theory - that you and others to not accept. None of us can proove or disprove anything we can only exchange arguments and pending the stronger believe of one or the other argument the result is diffefent.

But I will no longer accept than anyone with a different opinion to yours is called a liar, stupid, a chinese-hater or troll. Such posts will be deleted and the poster warned.

As such either you accept then some have other conclusions or face the consequences.

I for myself will no longer debate with any of these IMO fan-boys until new evidence is given.

Deino

@Asok I simply beg You to shut up.

We had thus discussion so often and we came to the conclusion that no one exactly knows what type of engine it is. You have your hyper ws-15 theory - with imo not a single proof - and others including me have the AL-31-based theory - that you and others to not accept. None of us can proove or disprove anything we can only exchange arguments and pending the stronger believe of one or the other argument the result is diffefent.

But I will no longer accept than anyone with a different opinion to yours is called a liar, stupid, a chinese-hater or troll. Such posts will be deleted and the poster warned.

As such either you accept then some have other conclusions or face the consequences.

I for myself will no longer debate with any of these IMO fan-boys until new evidence is given.

Deino

"You have your hyper ws-15 theory - with imo not a single proof "

What???!!!

Not a single proof?

1.) The pilot confirmed that J-20 has outstanding supersonic maneuverability. Not a proof, you said.
2.) The Liming engine factory confirmed J-20's WS-15 engine is made there. Not a proof, you said.
3.) J-20 could do sustained vertical climb, w/o AB, in front of thousands of airshow spectators. Not a proof, you said.
4.) J-20's TVC engines could tilt differentially. Not a proof, you said.
5.) Absolutely, no report of sales and delivery of Russian made AL-31FN-M2 to China. But this is not a problem to your theory.

"@Asok I simply beg You to shut up."

I don't want you to shut up, Mr. Deino. I want you to show us some proof that AL-31FN-M2 was ever materialized, and ordered and delivered to China.

I beg you, not to shut up, and give us some proofs, Mr. Deino.

Last edited:
There is no point arguing the details, because we simply do not know the classified data. On to the performance of J-20, nobody really knows. The pilot interviewed can't give an objective evaluation, just like when you interview F-22 pilots they will all say the jet is great. A true objective evaluation is only done once these 5th gen jets are compared side by side, and against each other many many times. Too early for that. In a way, these news contain a percentage of propaganda (from China, US, and all countries), you can read it many different ways, but not a true objective evaluation.

What do you think F-22 flyover during July 4th parades are? Propaganda. So the audience can yell "USA! USA!" and have a high. The same is happening here. Is it a great achievement? YES OF COURSE. Is it a great airplane? I sure think so. Enjoy the show and celebration but no need to argue on the engine types or vs

bfb71f65gy1fi2bptm4x9j20vo0ijwgw.jpg

According to the pilot of J-20, the maneuverable of it is very good. In sub sonic is great but the pilot is extremely please with its super cruise. This confirm J-20 currently has super cruise ability. It is also in line with the interview in 2009 of deputy commander of PLAAF who mention in order for China 4th(western 5th) to enter service. It must fulfil all 5S.

Not as some who mention, J-20 are currently fitted with Ruskie AL-31 interim engine and waiting for WS-15 to fit to achieve the 5S. The criteria of China stealth fighter to enter service has repeated mention but some slayer keep insisting their own version.

Remember this few things I mention are not made up but reported by pilot of J-20 and Deputy commander of PLAAF. If somebody claim they know more than the pilot of J-20 , chief designer or deputy commander of PLAAF.
They are definitely a troll. :enjoy:

Those who can understand Chinese, can know from the video link I share. Those who dont know Chinese, better shut up and stop thinking they can interpret better than me or those who speak Chinese.

Thanks for translation, but shut up is not polite to our friends who don't speak Chinese.

Thanks for translation, but shut up is not polite to our friends who don't speak Chinese.
How abt people who don't speak Chinese but acted they know more than the pilot and chief designer words? I am not the one who started the fire if you know the history. Some are simply to thick skinned to accept the truth. Asok ask very reasonable proof. And one rule apply to others while not applying to oneself.

You can see it for yourself.

How abt people who don't speak Chinese but acted they know more than the pilot and chief designer words? I am not the one who started the fire if you know the history. Some are simply to thick skinned to accept the truth. Asok ask very reasonable proof. And one rule apply to others while not applying to oneself.

You can see it for yourself.

Yes, Mr. Deino claimed that I have not one single proof that J-20 is using WS-15. Yet, he, nor anyone else, has absolutely has any proofs, whatsoever, that AL-31-FN-M2 has even materialized, much less, that it has been ordered and delivered to China, in the past 6 years.

At least, the Liming Engine Factory has publicly confirmed on CCTV-4, that it made all the parts for J-20's WS-15 engine, so this engine actually exists, beyond a shadow of doubt.

The Rules of Evidences should be applied equally to everyone, including the Moderator, especially.

"You have your hyper ws-15 theory - with imo not a single proof "

What???!!!

Not a single proof?

1.) The pilot confirmed that J-20 has outstanding supersonic maneuverability. Not a proof, you said.
2.) The Liming engine factory confirmed J-20's WS-15 engine is made there. Not a proof, you said.
3.) J-20 could do sustained vertical climb, w/o AB, in front of thousands of airshow spectators. Not a proof, you said.
4.) J-20's TVC engines could tilt differentially. Not a proof, you said.
5.) Absolutely, no report of sales and delivery of Russian made AL-31FN-M2 to China. But this is not a problem to your theory.

"@Asok I simply beg You to shut up."

I don't want you to shut up, Mr. Deino. I want you to show us some proof that AL-31FN-M2 was ever materialized, and ordered and delivered to China.

I beg you, not to shut up, and give us some proofs, Mr. Deino.

On point number 2), they did not say that the WS-15 is made there but the engine for the J-20 is made there.
Either WS-10X or WS-15. Either way it blows this ridiculous AL-31FN theory right out of the water.

I am not sure why otherwise intelligent posters keep going on about the AL-31FN being used on the J-20. Maybe this is feasible for the prototypes but now that the J-20 is in production, then news from Russia and/or China would have confirmed this by now.

After this year, in 2018 many dozens of J-20 are likely to be produced. It would be a miracle if China managed to use nearly 100 of this supposed AL-31FN to power these fighters.

J-20 production machines use either WS-10X(more likely) or WS-15(less likely) and so we should all be able to agree on this as anything else is simply nigh-on impossible.

why is China still buying Flankers?? either Chinese jet engines and radars are still way way behind Russia or J-20 costs 3 to 4 times as much as Su-35 is J-20 really a $150 to $200 million fighter :o:

China should off to buy 2,000 AL-41 that's enough engines equip 250 J-20 and replace both engines 4 times through out the J-20 life span.

then China can start mass producing AL-41 for another 250 J-20

why is China still buying Flankers?? either Chinese jet engines and radars are still way way behind Russia or J-20 costs 3 to 4 times as much as Su-35 is J-20 really a $150 to $200 million fighter :o:

China should off to buy 2,000 AL-41 that's enough engines equip 250 J-20 and replace both engines 4 times through out the J-20 life span.

then China can start mass producing AL-41 for another 250 J-20

It is China wanting to test their technology against the best that Russia has. It is only 24 at the end of the day.
Personally I think it is a waste of money and only gives ammunition to China-bashers.

Back
Top Bottom