What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Even the real experts from the Pentagon are doing something, some of us are all doing today in their evaluation of the competitors' products.

Carry on with your post. Your findings and observations are all very interesting to many of us.
This...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4003991/

...Is only a small sample of what the experts at the Pentagon uses to estimate aircraft performance using sensors data, whether the sensor is video, radar, or infrared. Of course, the more, the better the accuracy of their assessments.

Your friend uses only his eyeballs and bad math. Very interesting, indeed. :rolleyes:

The J-20 DSI BUMP has flexible/adjustable skin that could be adjusted according to the speed and attack angle. It has been pointed out several pages, back.
Thanks.
That's really amazing.

The J-20 DSI BUMP has flexible/adjustable skin that could be adjusted according to the speed and attack angle. It has been pointed out several pages, back.
This is the patent application form of NUAA( Nanjing university of Aeronautics and Astronautics) for DSI intake smart skin technology. Back in year 2013.
193_233893_646355.jpg

This...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4003991/

...Is only a small sample of what the experts at the Pentagon uses to estimate aircraft performance using sensors data, whether the sensor is video, radar, or infrared. Of course, the more, the better the accuracy of their assessments.

Your friend uses only his eyeballs and bad math. Very interesting, indeed. :rolleyes:
Laugh the best as you can, that all you got left. Asok said J20 has smart skin on its DSI, you guys laughed at him. Asok said J20 will have domestic WS10b engine, you guys laugh at him. By the way , General Yingzhuo had proved on CCTV J20/ FC31 blk2 uses domestics turbo fan engine. When Asok said WS15 will have 200 KN max wet thrust, you guys also make fun of him. What a respect this forum shows to a reliable source!@gambit, every time you laugh at Asok proves how arrogant you are, and the denial you hold to Chinese steady progress. Then keep laughing, all speculation will turn to truth in the end.

It's your stereotype of ' Chinese can't do what the west can't do', shall have a rest.
193_233894_889321.jpg

Last edited:
Translation for the red rectangle part: This Samrt DSI is made of super elastic material and inside the DSI it installs a actuator system make it transform.

This is the patent application form of NUAA( Nanjing university of Aeronautics and Astronautics) for DSI intake smart skin technology. Back in year 2013.
193_233893_646355.jpg

Laugh the best as you can, that all you got left. Asok said J20 has smart skin on its DSI, you guys laughed at him. Asok said J20 will have domestic WS10b engine, you guys laugh at him. By the way , General Yingzhuo had proved on CCTV J20/ FC31 blk2 uses domestics turbo fan engine. When Asok said WS15 will have 200 KN max wet thrust, you guys also make fun of him. What a respect this forum shows to a reliable source!@gambit, every time you laugh at Asok proves how arrogant you are, and the denial you hold to Chinese steady progress. Then keep laughing, all speculation will turn to truth in the end.

It's your stereotype of ' Chinese can't do what the west can't do', shall have a rest.
193_233894_889321.jpg

Amen! Thanks Bro. for your support! :cheers:

Sometimes, I think, being a one-eyed man, living among the blinds, is not really a blessing, but a burden. They will laugh at you, whatever, you told them.

They can deny and laugh all they can. We will have the last laugh. China's amazing progress in all scientific areas, undeniable, and unstoppable.

Amen! Thanks Bro. for your support! :cheers:

Sometimes, I think, being a one-eyed man, living among the blinds, is not really a blessing, but a burden. They will laugh at you, whatever, you told them.

They can deny and laugh all they can. We will have the last laugh. China's amazing progress in all scientific areas, undeniable, and unstoppable.
Bro, China was an empire and great nation for thousands years. We produced one thirds of world GDP back in Song Dynasty. Make our nation great again, same as Donald Trump slogan.

Last edited:
:coffee: Thanks bro. Those are great observations. I am enjoying them.

Yes, that is AMAZING. Now I am now even more convince that J-20 cannot be using the AL-31F or an equivalent powerplants.

As I have always say, all the revealing signs are there, it is just that some of us are either to busy or still living in a state of denial. :cheers:

They call you a fanboy because many of them hate the comparisons you provided but IMO numbers are numbers and facts are facts. That is why they called us, enthusiasts and while most of us cannot provide the absolute proof, how about them?

Even the real experts from the Pentagon are doing something, some of us are all doing today in their evaluation of the competitors' products.

Carry on with your post. Your findings and observations are all very interesting to many of us.

Thanks Bro.! Your support is heart warming and very encouraging.:cheers:.

It all makes sense now, that China wants to hide the details and progress of WS-15 since 2005, after the engine core was ground tested. WS-15 is startlingly powerful.

If Pentagon's analysts or experts, can't figure out the ball park figure of J-20's Dry and Wet Thrust, after watching the airshow demonstration, they don't worth a dime.

The 200kN estimate, I have for WS-15, is not all that amazing, considering, the F-35's F135 engine is classified as a 190kN engine, which could be a lot higher, once we considered, that figure is under-reported by P&W to keep the Max. Thrust performance, a secret.

And F135 was developed in the early 1990's, more than 20 years ago.

Those guys, here at PDF are living in denial, because the idea that China can't produce advanced jet engines or Chinese engines are unreliable, got baked into their head. :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:

Last edited:
That's your philosophy of DSI, definitely not ours this time.

Thanks Bro.! Your support is heart warming and very encouraging.:cheers:.

It all makes sense now, that China wants to hide the details and progress of WS-15 since 2005, after the engine core was ground tested. WS-15 is startlingly powerful.

If Pentagon's analysts or experts, can't figure out the ball park figure of J-20's Dry and Wet Thrust, after watching the airshow demonstration, they don't worth a dime.

The 200kN estimate for WS-15, is not all that amazing, considering, the F-35's F135 engine is classified as a 190kN engine, which could be a lot higher, once we considered, that figured is under-reported by P&W to keep the Max. Thrust performance, a secret.

And F135 was developed in the early 1990's, 25 years ago.
Either it be WS10b or WS15, it has enough power to make J20 maneuver agilely.

That is neither ours nor yours.

The purpose of the DSI is manage air flow and do it with minimum mechanical engineering. Best is none at all. So the moment you install mechanisms to alter its dimensions you deviated from the original intention of minimum mechanical engineering. It does not matter if with modern technology, the mechanisms are less intensive than in the past. You still deviated from the original philosophy.

Either it be WS10b or WS15, it has enough power to make J20 maneuver agilely.

WS10b or WS15, names really doesn't matter, its the engine core that develops the power. If you got a new engine core, you got a new engine. Period.

I am not going to bother with arguing with that guy, who claims to be a pilot and a vietnamese, anymore.

The arrogance and ignorance he displayed is breathtaking. :nhl_checking:

That is neither ours nor yours.

The purpose of the DSI is manage air flow and do it with minimum mechanical engineering. Best is none at all. So the moment you install mechanisms to alter its dimensions you deviated from the original intention of minimum mechanical engineering. It does not matter if with modern technology, the mechanisms are less intensive than in the past. You still deviated from the original philosophy.
You forget another goodness of DSI, it enhance the stealthy feature of an aircraft by shield the turbofan blade form direct radar waves! The effectiveness of DSI compressing air reduce dramatically at the speed of 1.6Mach. Now it's very clear why China will increase the weight of DSI and make it transform at speed beyond certain threshhold.

You forget another goodness of DSI, it enhance the stealthy feature of an aircraft by shield the turbofan blade form direct radar waves! The effectiveness of DSI compressing air reduce dramatically at the speed of 1.6Mach. Now it's very clear why China will increase the weight of DSI and make it transform at speed beyond certain threshhold.
The DSI was never designed for that purpose. If there is such a benefit, it is INCIDENTAL, never intentional.

But the real issue is somehow you can make the DSI variable in dimensions and yet gain no weight and complexity. Absurd.

That's why F35 uses DSI and F22 doesn't, cause F22 was designed fourty years ago. But USA will never imagine China will apply a smart DSI on J20. People only believe what they want to believe.

The DSI was never designed for that purpose. If there is such a benefit, it is INCIDENTAL, never intentional.

But the real issue is somehow you can make the DSI variable in dimensions and yet gain no weight and complexity. Absurd.
Yes, it adds weight and complexity when you apply a smart DSI. But the it will perform extremely efficient when J20 make super cruise. You have to balance the gain and loss. DSI is a big plus in stealthy feature no matter it is intentional or incidental.

The arrogance and ignorance he displayed is breathtaking.
The real breathtaking arrogance and ignorance is yours.

I do not need to prove myself to you, or anyone on this forum, for that matter. If letting the CONTENTS of one's posts determine one's credibility, I have more credibility as to what I said about myself than all of the Chinese members here combined. Unlike you, I explained the foundational principles many elements of aviation and provides ENGLISH sources. To date, no one have ever returned and proved conclusively that I either lied or misled the forum. That is far more than we can say for you with your bad sourcing, bad math, and common sense defying claims.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom