What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Isn't it fun to see that, after years of China trashing from the likes of Gambit, the J-20 has evolved into such a powerful, advanced war machine?

I have been on the forum for a long time and Gambit has been copying and paste for almost as long.

Never knew that being confident about the J-20's capabilities and backing up that standpoint with reasonable arguments makes you an inbred fanboy, mind. I also love it that attacking people using said insult when you disagree with them will likely earn you a free pass. :disagree:

"Rumors" they claimed this is the chief engine designer of the present J-20 (engine model at the background+
歼20的发动机 (credit to 鹰翼下的大地)
Lnwwtx.png

"Rumors" they claimed this is the chief engine designer of the present J-20 (engine model at the background+
歼20的发动机 (credit to 鹰翼下的大地)
Lnwwtx.png

I have been saying that J-20, version 2001, was already flying with WS-15, from the very beginning. And WS-15 has TVC nozzles, and it is very powerful with Wet Thrust or Maximum Thrust +200kN.

This mysterious engine with silver nozzle is the WS-15.

upload_2017-1-25_23-20-10.png
U436P4T426D158525F16470DT20121221083430.jpg

Last edited:
I have been saying that J-20, version 2001, was already flying with WS-15, from the very beginning. And WS-15 has TVC nozzles, and it is much more powerful than people could have imagined. This mysterious engine with silver nozzle is the WS-15.

View attachment 371928View attachment 371929

And following by that logic the current J-20 has no longer a TVC nozzle ??? ... and even more why then we have never seen the nozzle twisted especially on the ground when the hydraulics pressure is down ??

Come on guys .... :hitwall::crazy:

I am leaning toward that the model is WS-10.

Not tilted nozzles.
193_222788_772001-1.jpg

Obviously tilted TVC nozzles.
230959nexej1ey00xeegye.jpg

I know some people will say this is just an optical illusion, the nozzles are not really tilted. I would rather trust my own eyes than theirs.

The TVC nozzles are not a very complicated mechanism, CCTV already showed a demonstration of the TVC nozzles, in 2005, with President Chiang.

Developing the TVC nozzles is not exactly a rocket science. Even it is rocket science, China is a major league rocket power.

Last edited:
I am leaning toward that the model is WS-10.

Not tilted nozzles.
View attachment 371957

Obviously tilted TVC nozzles.View attachment 371953

I know some people will say this is just an optical illusion, the nozzles are not really tilted. I would rather trust my own eyes than theirs.

The TVC nozzles are not a very complicated mechanism, CCTV already showed a demonstration of the TVC nozzles, in 2005, with President Chiang.

Developing the TVC nozzles is not exactly a rocket science. Even it is rocket science, China is a major league rocket power.
I think it's not TVC. It's nozzle is too short for a 3D TVC.

I think it's not TVC. It's nozzle is too short for a 3D TVC.

The movement of the Russian TVC is much more obvious, because both of the last two sections of the nozzles could tilt, while the Chinese nozzle, only the last section could tilt. According to a report, the Chinese mechanism is simpler and lighter than the Russian one, and lasts a lot longer.

It clearly shows the pilot's right hand is on his right side. That means the Joy is not located on the Center but on the side like the F-16. It also clearly show the Seat has a white actuator to seat up or down as G force increases during high G moves.

View attachment 364857

I am not saying J-20 is designed to fly at Mach 3 regularly. I simply said it got enough power to set some records. When Su-27 set a number of world records, all unnecessary equipments (like radar, gun) were removed and use only minimum fuel needed, even the paint was striped to save a couple hundred pounds.

J-20 has long and slender shape, so it is far more aerodynamic than F-22 and T50 to fly at Supersonic Speed, and has a lot more power, 35% more than F-22, IMO.

So, I think it could do at least Mach1.6-1.8 Supersonic Cruise for more than 30 minutes.

View attachment 364867
Effortless and rapid vertical climbing again, and no tell-tale sign of a long long bright flame of the Afterburner turned on. This signifies only Dry Thrust was used to do that. And it means the Dry Thrust alone is greater than the Weight of J-20, which is > 20 tons, IMO.

"Underpowered", it is not. WS-10x, or AL-31FN, it is not. IMO.

Another Yellow Bird takes to the sky on New Year.

View attachment 364873

Alhumdullah we have great start in 2017 beginning and may Allah give us 100 more years like that. Another good news for Pakistan. Now three progress report of Pakistan we actually seen and only we can have these birds also other then our Chinese brother. :china::pakistan:

The movement of the Russian TVC is much more obvious, because both of the last two sections of the nozzles could tilt, while the Chinese nozzle, only the last section could tilt. According to a report, the Chinese mechanism is simpler and lighter than the Russian one, and lasts a lot longer.
Everything is possible!

You really never looked to a true TVC-nouule, didn't You ??

Just compare it with any other TVC-nozzle out there and even if You surely will again reply CHinese scientist have mastered a so far secret way to do that You are wrong; plain wrong.

That is not a TVC-nozzle and all You wishfull-thinkings won't help ... please come back to reality !!!

Deino

Back
Top Bottom