What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

fbGY9gF.jpg

Any info if this is a recent iamge ??

At first sight I thought it is an older one, but in my collection I could not find it ... otherwise it would mean 2017 & 2016 are back at CAC.

Amazing, this video shows J-20 could do a 180 degree turn in 4-5 seconds.

Another video showing a tight 180 turn in 4-5 seconds.

In contrast, here is the turn rate of the top ten fighters.
The top ten dog-fighters of 2015 (WVR fighter assessment) UPDATED
https://hushkit.net/2014/01/09/the-top-ten-dog-fighters-of-2013-wvr-fighter-assessment/

F-15
Sustained turn rates: Good (16 degree/sec)
Instantaneous turn rates: Good (21 deg/sec)

F-16
Sustained turn rates: Good
Instantaneous turn rates: Very good (26deg/sec)

Mig-29
Instantaneous turn rates: Excellent (28deg/sec)

F-22
Sustained turn rates: Excellent (28 deg/sec at 20K ft)
Instantaneous turn rates: Excellent

Last edited:
J10A/B/C had been equipped with PL10E. I'm very surprising why J20 doesn't have rank in the dog fighter list?

J10A/B/C had been equipped with PL10E. I'm very surprising why J20 doesn't have rank in the dog fighter list?

Why ?? we already have seen the PL-10 on the J-20 so I have no doubts that it can carry this missile.

Oh no ... not again ! AVideo without any reference point, and by eyeballing You come again to the conclusion that the J-20 can turn bet´ween 36-45 deg/sec ??? :crazy: ... even more that It uses a +210 kN thrust engine ???

Come on ....

Deino

Can't reply with links. Sorry for the inconvenience. Those interested should check Asok's orginal reply.

"The same way USAF shoot down a missile moving at Mach 5-10 with an airborne laser. That's a lot harder than two planes pointing the communication lasers at each other at 144km, apart. IMO."

This is a very difference scenario, Asok I suspect you have any real technical training background? I feel time wasting arguing with you.

Yes I am Chinese, but not those kind of big mouth gun type. Historically, those biggest mouth guns are the first ones to be defeated in a real conflict, they simply can't accept the reality, their illusions, wild dreams will all be gone with their egos. Those real backbones are those who know EXACTLY their and their enemy's REAL (not PAPER) strengths and weaknesses. I do hope one day you can become a true patriot.

Back to your references
nationaldefensemagazine...
this is between an earth station and a spacecraft

breakingdefense...

this is about laser defense and offensive weapons mounted on an aircraft

nasa...

this is between a ground station and a satellite

aviationweek...

this is about communications between satellites

So again let me ask you "HOW DO YOU SOLVE STABLE CONNECTION BETWEEN TWO FAST MOVING OBJECTS" ?

Here are some hints:
hint 1: a very small 1 degree change will cause 1744m distance change across an 100km distance
hint 2: how about ground air laser communications? To maintain 1 channel you need on laser beam, to maintain 20 channels with 20 aircrafts you will need 20 laser beams and to maintain 100 communication channels you will need ????

My friend, I don't have any technical background on laser communication systems. You would have to ask the Chinese or US Air force, yourself, for the answer how they solved this tricky problem of how to establish connection and maintain the connection long enough to send and receive the data information between two moving planes.

I very much doubt you are a Chinese, otherwise, you would be able to read Chinese.

"To maintain 1 channel you need on laser beam, to maintain 20 channels with 20 aircrafts you will need 20 laser beams and to maintain 100 communication channels you will need ????"

This just shows how clueless you are. Trying to talk technical stuffs without even knowing the ABC. I maintain communications with hundreds of my friends via the internet. I never have more than one DSL channel or link with the cable company. Neither is your smart phone needs more than one WiFi link, at a time, to communicate with hundreds of people and websites.

'In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.' --Donny Miller

Why ?? we already have seen the PL-10 on the J-20 so I have no doubts that it can carry this missile.

Oh no ... not again ! AVideo without any reference point, and by eyeballing You come again to the conclusion that the J-20 can turn bet´ween 36-45 deg/sec ??? :crazy: ... even more that It uses a +210 kN thrust engine ???

Come on ....

Deino

Eyeball the videos yourself, and tell us how long J-20 takes do a 180 degree turn. Do you own calculations or estimate, if you don't like the +200kN figure as I reported; otherwise, it's just called whining.:-)

J-20 is not yet operational in 2015. This list is made in 2015.

Last edited:
Eyeball the videos yourself, and tell us how long J-20 takes do a 180 degree turn. Do you own calculations or estimate, if you don't like the +210kN figure, I reported; otherwise, it's just called whining.:-)

Why do You simply don't get it, that eyeballing from a blurred video when You do not have any true reference (aka, was is a true 180 ° turn or not ??), without knowing if the photographer is itself moving - which he surely does - and as such speeding up that movement makes any calculation impossible.

Really it has nothing to do with whining; why should I ?
It's more a wondering and now being annoyed about the constantly recurring unsachly arguments just to portray an alleged mega-superiority of the J-20 that is far from any reality.

But as I said, everyone can believe whatever he wants

Deino

Why do You simply don't get it, that eyeballing from a blurred video when You do not have any true reference (aka, was is a true 180 ° turn or not ??), without knowing if the photographer is itself moving - which he surely does - and as such speeding up that movement makes any calculation impossible.

Really it has nothing to do with whining; why should I ?
It's more a wondering and now being annoyed about the constantly recurring unsachly arguments just to portray an alleged mega-superiority of the J-20 that is far from any reality.

But as I said, everyone can believe whatever he wants

Deino
Ignore @Asok sir, no ones knows true capabilities of J-20 except PLAAF, he is just a mega-hyper and mega-fanboy for J-20, in his posts he trying to convince others that J-20 is not a 5th gen jet but 1000 gen jet

In the second video, I used the frame at time 0:44, as beginning of the turn. The bottom of the plane seems fully facing the camera, with the nose pointing to the left of the camera.
Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 2.50.13 PM.png

And I choose frame at 0:49 as the end of the U-Turn. The top of the plane is now seems fully facing the camera, the nose pointing at the opposite direction of frame 0:44, thus completing the turn, in my opinion.

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 2.49.33 PM.png

The elapsed time is 5 seconds.

Anybody could feel free to choose a different start and stop frame or time for the turn. I suspect the difference in elapsed time, won't be more than 1-2 seconds.

Even the elapsed time is 6 seconds, it's still 30 degrees/second. It's better than other advanced fighters', already very impressive, 28 Degree/second.

The person holding the camera isn't moving. He is stationary as we can see from the foreground. His hands is just shaking.

"It's more a wondering and now being annoyed about the constantly recurring unsachly arguments just to portray an alleged mega-superiority of the J-20 that is far from any reality."

You are right that "everyone can believe whatever he wants".

But It's called burying one's head in the sand like an ostrich, when one can't face the facts/findings, brought up by other people.

This video, clearly shows that the turn rate of J-20, could match, even better than, the best of the best current dog-fighters, in the world.

upload_2017-1-24_15-7-21.png

Aerodynamically, J-20 has everything F-22 has, plus, a long and slender body, a much more powerful engine, 30% more internal fuel, the moving Canards, and all moving vertical Tails and Leading Edge Extension. With the synergy of those elements, Yes, I think J-20 could out maneuver, in all speeds and altitudes, the F-22, which is the current Gold Standard of the 5th Generation Fighters.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 2.49.33 PM.png
    626.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 2.49.33 PM.png
    362.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
In the second video, I used the frame at time 0:44, as beginning of the turn. The bottom of the plane seems fully facing the camera.View attachment 371647

And I choose frame at 0:49 as the end of the U-Turn. The top of the plane is now seems fully facing the camera, thus completing the turn, in my opinion.
View attachment 371646

The elapsed time is 5 seconds.

Anybody could feel free to choose a different start and stop frame or time for the turn. I suspect the difference in elapsed time, won't be more than 1-2 seconds.

Even the elapsed time is 6 seconds, it's still 30 degrees/second. It's better than other advanced fighters', already very impressive, 28 Degree/second.

The person holding the camera isn't moving. He is stationary as we can see from the foreground. His hands is just shaking.

"portray an alleged mega-superiority of the J-20 that is far from any reality."

It's called bury one's head in the sand like an ostrich, when one can't face the facts/findings, brought up by other people.

View attachment 371657

Aerodynamically, J-20 has everything F-22 has, plus the long and slender body, the moving Canards, and all moving vertical Tails and Leading Edge Extension. With the synergy of those elements, Yes, I think J-20 could out maneuver, in all speeds and altitudes, the F-22, which is the current Gold Standard of the 5th Generation Fighters.
yeah yeah whatever you think kid J-20 is out of this universe 1000000000000000000000 gen fighter jet you know nothing information about the true capabilities of J-20 except PLAAF
, you are just eye balling nothing else:hitwall:
:hitwall::devil::devil::devil:
, you just too overestimate the capabilities of J-20, are you in the development project of J-20:lol:
:rofl:o_O
, you are acting just like insane Indian for their Tejas:mad:
:mad:

In contrast, here is the turn rate of the top ten fighters.
The top ten dog-fighters of 2015 (WVR fighter assessment) UPDATED
https://hushkit.net/2014/01/09/the-top-ten-dog-fighters-of-2013-wvr-fighter-assessment/

F-15
Sustained turn rates: Good (16 degree/sec)
Instantaneous turn rates: Good (21 deg/sec)

F-16
Instantaneous turn rates: Very good (26deg/sec)

Mig-29
Instantaneous turn rates: Excellent (28deg/sec)

F-22
Sustained turn rates: Excellent (28 deg/sec at 20K ft)
Instantaneous turn rates: Excellent

:coffee: Thanks bro. Those are great observations. I am enjoying them.

Yes, that is AMAZING. Now I am now even more convince that J-20 cannot be using the AL-31F or an equivalent powerplants.

As I have always say, all the revealing signs are there, it is just that some of us are either to busy or still living in a state of denial. :cheers:

They call you a fanboy because many of them hate the comparisons you provided but IMO numbers are numbers and facts are facts. That is why they called us, enthusiasts and while most of us cannot provide the absolute proof, how about them?

Even the real experts from the Pentagon are doing something, some of us are all doing today in their evaluation of the competitors' products.

Carry on with your post. Your findings and observations are all very interesting to many of us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom