What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Considering China is at an accerelating phase of development, using past growth to forecast future growth may not be very reliable.

J-20 has two production line and a new factory even before IOC, and this is already more than J-10 now.

And J-10's production rate is a regiment per year.

Since when do CAC has two production lines for the J-20 ?? There's no proof for that, not even a hint and YES, it's one J-10 regiment per year ... so how could then CAC "skyrise" the production to 2 regiments of J-20 within one year??

That's simply impossible .. pure fan-boy posting.

Deino

Though the F-117 was a point of pride for U.S. military experts, it was shot down by Yugoslavia's SAM missile. Therefore, the U.S. decided to dismantle the aircraft and started development of the F-22, the paper added.
There is no 'therefore' about this.

Not only this is grossly simplistic reasoning, it is also wrong. The F-22's first flight was in 1997, which mean it must have been in development for at least a decade, the usual time span for most aircraft. The single F-117 Yugoslavia shot down was in 1999. These are PUBLIC information. So how in the name of logic could anyone come up with this argument ?

Since when do CAC has two production lines for the J-20 ?? There's no proof for that, not even a hint and YES, it's one J-10 regiment per year ... so how could then CAC "skyrise" the production to 2 regiments of J-20 within one year??

That's simply impossible .. pure fan-boy posting.

Deino

Well, for such sensitive information you should not expect any official source, it is some rumors leaked by some relatively reputatable source on China's military themed BBS.

But judging by the order scale of PLAN, you should not be surprised that the order scale of J-20 could execeeds your expection.

Well, for such sensitive information you should not expect any official source, it is some rumors leaked by some relatively reputatable source on China's military themed BBS.

But judging by the order scale of PLAN, you should not be surprised that the order scale of J-20 could execeeds your expection.
This foreigner can't even differential genuine and bogus credible leaker. He dont even know a single word of Chinese. The Most absurd is he expect PLA to make an official statement for such highly sensitive thing. What a joke! :lol:

This foreigner can't even differential genuine and bogus credible leaker. He dont even know a single word of Chinese. The Most absurd is he expect PLA to make an official statement for such highly sensitive thing. What a joke! :lol:
While Chinese military usually keeps things under wraps but u can't blame him to ask for proof or some kind of confirmation. Anything without some sort of proof is pure belief. For example China didn't officially show the J20 until recently at the Zuhai event but ppl were convinced that it exists due to proof(pictures/videos) from numerous sources. I think it is best for ppl here to agree to disagree. Only time will tell.

While Chinese military usually keeps things under wraps but u can't blame him to ask for proof or some kind of confirmation. Anything without some sort of proof is pure belief. For example China didn't officially show the J20 until recently at the Zuhai event but ppl were convinced that it exists due to proof(pictures/videos) from numerous sources. I think it is best for ppl here to agree to disagree. Only time will tell.
Or we can use past records to predict the future.
This is how science works.
This too can be applied to people making the claims.

If one had previously made several radical claims without evidence and were later proven to be false, the chances of his/her next claim is true would be quite low.

Personally I would not take the words from a person who claims J-20 uses WS-10 engines and later changes it to "a mysterious engine that combines WS-10 core and AL-31" too seriously.

If one had previously made several radical claims without evidence and were later proven to be false, the chances of his/her next claim is true would be quite low.

Personally I would not take the words from a person who claims J-20 uses WS-10 engines and later changes it to "a mysterious engine that combines WS-10 core and AL-31" too seriously.
That is fine if u don't want to take him too seriously. This is why I said lets just agree to disagree bcuz at this point no one side can prove the other side wrong by showing some proof. Only time will tell who was right and who was wrong. Let's not derail the thread :tup:

Looks like someone is headburt? :enjoy: Only someone who understand Chinese can appreciate it. Do you understand a single word of Chinese? I doubt so!

Looks like someone is headburt? :enjoy: Only someone who understand Chinese can appreciate it. Do you understand a single word of Chinese? I doubt so!
Is this aimed at me? I don't know what headburt means. Also yes u r right I do not understand Chinese so I don't exactly know what is being discussed in the video. I'm not saying that u r wrong or right. All I was saying is there is no point in derailing the thread by insulting ppl and going off topic.

Is this aimed at me? I don't know what headburt means. Also yes u r right I do not understand Chinese so I don't exactly know what is being discussed in the video. I'm not saying that u r wrong or right. All I was saying is there is no point in derailing the thread by insulting ppl and going off topic.
Did I quote you?

Yes and NO: Yes for sure there is no official leak on that sensitive info, but since nothing hints to this - esp. not the number of J-20s spotted - the absence of a proof for one theory is not a proof the contrary.

... and No, simpyl NOT. There is surely a lot of chatter but also on green men on mars but there is o far not a single hint that there are two production lines already running. Even if You think the comparison to the J-10 production rate might be mute, that type is already needed since years and the rate hasn't been increased dramatically over the years. So why - esp. since we don't see that many J-20's like You predict - should it be such an inredible increase right now?

Like I said leave these personnal attacks; they will all led to consequences.

The main issue as descied quite perfectly is plain and simple the term "reading comprehension" ! You might be correct that I - like several others here cannot read Chinese - but that what we get on information is more than fine especially with the kind help of other members here to UNDERSTAND and deduct what's going on or might be the most reasonable.

If I therefore again compare Your list of claims You boatsed all over this forum this year and measure this on what became true ... I would say there's a simplye lack of understanding regardless Your ability to read Chinese.

Deino

Yes and NO: Yes for sure there is no official leak on that sensitive info, but since nothing hints to this - esp. not the number of J-20s spotted - the absence of a proof for one theory is not a proof the contrary.

... and No, simpyl NOT. There is surely a lot of chatter but also on green men on mars but there is o far not a single hint that there are two production lines already running. Even if You think the comparison to the J-10 production rate might be mute, that type is already needed since years and the rate hasn't been increased dramatically over the years. So why - esp. since we don't see that many J-20's like You predict - should it be such an inredible increase right now?

There are plent of rumors about CAC build new factory to setup 2 or even more production line of J-20, and it even going to big news site like sohu, 163 and xilu, with pictures of the factory ( I cannot paste link in this fucked up BBS).

If you can read Chinese, you can know alot of more information there, simply do a baidu search with "两条生产线 J-20" as the keywords ("two production line J-20), will return such results.

And even the joker pinkov (who is a famous China naysayer) suspect that there are at least two production line of J-20 is under construction and thats last year's news in his last year's issues, based on satellite photos he got.

China now build weapons at an accerelating rate, not just because China have invest more and more in defence, but also because, the rate of production years before are actually the abnormal one:

In Chinese, it called "小步快跑", because at that time the best Chinese military industry could offer were somehow out-dated by the US standard, so what the PLA should do with them? they place very small order for each iteration of the weapons and ask the industry to keep improving them iteration by iteration.

But when PLA consider the military industry can offer weapons on peer with the US, they will place large order.

Thats why they only order 2-4 052B and 052C destoryers but could order 40+ 052D destoryers and 20+ 055 destoryers and 6+ air carriers and super carriers, the same can be said about J-20.

So dont jump to your conclusion too quick.

Last edited:
@52051

Baidu search engine is intentionally inferior in showing any good pictures.
Google do not have any good one either.
And, I am travelling outside PRC. It is very difficult ( slow to a halt ) to browse PRC military forums.

In order to compare and detecting the recent CAC factory expansion ... ...

Could you please post all the adequately clear satellites based pictures of
( ChengDu CAC Factory Roof complex ) that U can find on PRC Military forums ?

Thanks so much beforehand brother.
Such as this one below ... ...

ChengDu--Aircraft Factory--sat view1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom