What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

"You don't know China, not Chinese, You are only a stupid foreigner who does not - who never will - understand ! As if logic works different in China ....??"

This is a very valid argument, although it could be over used. There are simply way more informations available about J-20 in Chinese than there is in English, which are usually written by know nothing journalists, and by a few trade journals which are usually not much better or less biased. There are many freely available Chinese technical papers about J-20 that journalists will never going to read or understand.

I don't mean to accuse non-Chinese speakers on PDF are dumb or less intelligent, just ask them to be mindful of this fact -- English informations about J-20 and other Chinese weapons are very limited.

"You don't know China, not Chinese, You are only a stupid foreigner who does not - who never will - understand ! As if logic works different in China ....??"

This is a very valid argument, although it could be over used. There are simply way more informations available about J-20 in Chinese than there is in English, which are usually written by know nothing journalists, and by a few trade journals which are usually not much better or less biased. There are many freely available Chinese technical papers about J-20 that journalists will never going to read or understand.

I don't mean to accuse non-Chinese speakers on PDF are dumb or less intelligent, just ask them to be mindful of this fact -- English informations about J-20 and other Chinese weapons are very limited.

I don't deny that there are many reports I - or anyone without knowing Chinese - simply omit, but the point is, only a few "certain" members here do jump on that bandwagon, while many others here in forum, who can also read and understand Chinese don't take these reports for granted. Even more since there might be reports but not a single hint like aircraft spotted, aircraft delivered and so on.

Therefore if You and Your followers would present these reports as what they are - namely reports and rumours - and not in stone-fixed facts, which no-one is allowed to question, or if there would be reasonable arguments, images, numbers of aircraft confirmed by spotters it would not be a problem, but only telling "I know, since I know Chinese" is for me not a proof especially if the reliability of this certain poster is otherwise well known as nearly non-existent.

Deino

2 per months or 24 per year (2 squadrons) for low rate initial serial production is not bad at all. I doubt the initial number will be higher than this. I suspect the final total for all versions of J-20 will around 500 units, that is, if there is no war break out between China and you know who.

2 per months or 24 per year (2 squadrons) for low rate initial serial production is not bad at all. I doubt the initial number will be higher than this. I suspect the final total for all versions of J-20 will around 500 units, that is, if there is no war break out between China and you know who.

The purpose of J20 and its future variants/siblings it make sure that no war happens. Paradox.

The Chinese strategy is to make sure that no war/conflict happens at all. War is stupid.

So, J20, Type 055 and the newer SSN/SSBN are actually to deter agression/foolishness and not as offensive weapons.

Regarding the numbers. It is too early to tell...personally, I think in current scenario PLAAF will not go beyond a 200 of these beautiful machines. But of course, I can be totally wrong.

500 number will only happen if/when JP has a 100+ JSFs excluding the US depolyment.

CxUuMBmXUAAL5TP.jpg

CxUuZDUWIAA1CTx.jpg

CxUugZyXcAIVuCl.jpg

@nang2
Me too but the issue is simply that some are so much obsessed by their feeling of being superior that they even ignore the slightest bit of an argument. 60 operational J-20s by years end, that's not possible and instead of counter-arguing why it should be possible You always get the same reply: You don't know China, not Chinese, You are only a stupid foreigner who does not - who never will - understand ! As if logic works different in China ....??

Anyway ... back to the J-20:

View attachment 352131 View attachment 352132 View attachment 352133 View attachment 352134 View attachment 352135 View attachment 352136 View attachment 352137

View attachment 352139
Indeed. :enjoy:

Ther are many Chinese article and video you no clue. Acting as you know a lot? :lol:

Indeed. :enjoy:

There are many Chinese article and video you no clue. Acting as you know a lot? :lol:

So true, you don't know what you don't know. You can not even guess or speculate with absence of information. Remember Rumsfield's "Unknown Unknown"? :D

Remember this fan arts by “潜龙, Hidden Dragon, before J-20 was known to the world?
当初 歼-20 的真容还未透露时,有很多航空爱好者推测 歼-20 的可能外形。其中有一位推测了“潜龙”歼-20,就使用了这种基于复杂外压缩面的 DSI,请看下面的两张图

12549482.jpg
12549485.jpg
12549483.jpg
084642b8f63f694b5f4031eafcf33d33.jpg

12549485.jpg
a5b37b97354c185f4906a7fb651b63f5.jpg

"500 number will only happen if/when JP has a 100+ JSFs excluding the US deployment."

That's pretty silly. F-35 is a flying pig. Don't need J-20 to deal with it. 200 units of J-20 is only if money is tight, and China is not short of money anytime soon. 500 units will ensure you-know-who don't even dare to come near the Asian continent and stay away east of Hawaii.

Last edited:
There was a time, Chinese were humble. I don't see this now. You are degrading yourselves to Indy level.

There was a time when China is so backward that inferiority complex is deep root. The term, 造,到不如买,is widely used during deng xiaoping era.

It's time, all Chinese stand up and believe in themselves to rebuke all the fake lies planted by the west and sourgrape Indian about the inferiority of Chinese and made in China.

There is nothing wrong to rebuke fake lies and mock at those slander.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom