What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

rar5-fxvyqwa3238368.jpg

Surprise,Surprise.

Bummer.
Then we just have to wait for the new image leaking out. PLAA will not accept a J-20 without super-cruise speed and super-agility.

Why not ?? They are - even if not with super-cruise capability - alone avionics-related a quantum-leap in comparison to everything else the PLAAF operates by now. As such it would be wise to use it as soon as possible, to work out operational doctrines and tactics ... which then can be fully explored with the final engine.

Just my 2 cents.
Deino

Why not ?? They are - even if not with super-cruise capability - alone avionics-related a quantum-leap in comparison to everything else the PLAAF operates by now. As such it would be wise to use it as soon as possible, to work out operational doctrines and tactics ... which then can be fully explored with the final engine.

Just my 2 cents.
Deino

This J-20 is my favourite Stealth aircraft, really love it.

But, many people say this J-20 is would become sitting duck when face F-22 or F-35, because J-20 Canard Design doesn't make J-20 "Stealth"

Is what they said true or just bias.
Can you give me little explanation for this J-20?
Thank you Mr @Deino :-)

But, many people say this J-20 is would become sitting duck when face F-22 or F-35, because J-20 Canard Design doesn't make J-20 "Stealth"

IMO simply bias and surely most simply have no idea on stealth since Northrop Grumman - and they are not unknown in the field of stealth - proposed a delta-canard derivate of the ATF/YF-23 for the NAT program and the latest proposal for Boeing's 6th generation fighter is also a delta-canard design !!! So they are all wrong too ??

IMO simply bias and surely most simply have no idea on stealth since Northrop Grumman - and they are not unknown in the field of stealth - proposed a delta-canard derivate of the ATF/YF-23 for the NAT program and the latest proposal for Boeing's 6th generation fighter is also a delta-canard design !!! So they are all wrong too ??

Thanks so much for your explanation Mr. @Deino
Best regards.

Just my 2 cents.
Deino
Yes it is but latter J-20B with WS-15 can super-cruise started in 2020-2022

Thanks so much for your explanation Mr. @Deino
Best regards.

McDonnell Douglas X-36 in 90's has similar platform as J-20, NASA says that it was extremely stealthy from all angles
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/x-36.htm

X-36.jpg

Using software control in conjunction with fly by wire and RAM is shown to improve RCS a lot.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom