What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Originally they used a poly-carbonate canopy on the technology demonstrators (#2001/2002). It was similar to the one used by F-22, but they decided to change it to a glass canopy which is thinner and weight less. It also allows the pilot to eject through the canopy instead of having to ditch the canopy first, saving some valuable time in case of emergency. It's still a one piece canopy, but it has a thin metal reinforcement frame on the inside like the F-35.

Going by the latest serial number, I'd say 2101 is a pre-production model intended to be equipped in small numbers. It will allow the PLAAF to develop tactics and well as find shortcomings for the production model. It's either equipped with the WS-10B engine with 14 ton thrusts or the 117S engine. From 2020 onwards, the plane will have WS-15 as its standard engine.

212427cnbk28nkx8b8n0j8.jpg

212429uw2re2rwm0otro2o.jpg

There is something strange .... at the SDF Jeff posted this image of '2101 (below), which is exactly the same as the one just posted yesterday of '2102' (top) ... so there's something wrong with at least one of them. :hitwall: But which one ??

J-20 2101 or 2102 - something wrong.jpg

Nice, 2nd mass production version.

However is it legit ??? Just look at my post just above Yours, both images are identical and in mind of this other image of '2101' also posted yesterday, I would say it's more likely that '2102' is the fake !??

J-20 2101 - 15.1.16.jpg

Again ????

J-20 2101 or 2102 - something wrong 2.jpg

Last edited:
However is it legit ??? Just look at my post just above Yours, both images are identical and in mind of this other image of '2101' also posted yesterday, I would say it's more likely that '2102' is the fake !??

View attachment 287395

Again ????

View attachment 287417

Sir, the printing order of number 2101 is not aligned so that could be the fake one instead 2102 is printed with continue sequence. My opinion

To admit, I don't know ...

By the way via "jobjed" (SDF) regarding the factory fresh J-10Bs I posted this morning:

There's also a J-20 on the left in the first picture.

Indeed, but what's strange, it has a yellow primer-coloured front fuselage and an otherwise dark fuselage; the tails however are clearly an old prototype with the non-cropped fins !

Since both demonstrators 2001 & 2002 are said to be at the CFTE ... so what bird is this ? :what:
Deino

J-10B ready for delivery - 16.1.16 + J-20.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom