What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Can tell me why China still pursue for Su-35 ? ( for Russian new design of Saturn engine ? )

IN below quote the General Director of United Aircraft Corp. Russia, seem to ignore that China is developing their "own advanced fighters" or J20, J31 are still nothing to Russia ?
Fake news. China never interested in Su-35. The Russian purposely drag Chinese interest in to try pulling off other sale.

Fake news. China never interested in Su-35. The Russian purposely drag Chinese interest in to try pulling off other sale.

So Russia lied to the world for their old fighters ?
What if at last China purchases Su 35 this year ?

J-20 2011

155421envzyi9h34azva6y.jpg

If(a big if)China ever buys Su-35,it would be for political and economic reasons,plus the need to speed-up the process of replacing aging J-7s and J-8s。It is a way of balancing Sino-Russian trade that's heavily tilted in the former's favour。China has money to spend and Russia needs the money。

160350wcc5xys9i5dsx000.jpg.thumb.jpg

Now roll out 2012,2013,2014。。。。:enjoy:

Can tell me why China still pursue for Su-35 ? ( for Russian new design of Saturn engine ? )

IN below quote the General Director of United Aircraft Corp. Russia, seem to ignore that China is developing their "own advanced fighters" or J20, J31 are still nothing to Russia ?

I think Russian media had reported China purchased for Su-35 at least for 3years ... but u know Su-35 still in Sukhoi.

If we consider the cost of next-gen fighter develop, one J-20 stealth fighter price not cheaper than Su-27/30/35, even American equipped 180x F-22 and also maintain large F-16/15/18 fighter numbers. The next-gen stealth fighter can not replace all 3-gen fighter, speciall they designed for air combat. Anti-ship & Ground-attack mission still depend on other multi-role fighters.

Su-35 is a good fighter made by Russian, if they really wanna sell it to China. I think it's a good idea for PLAAF to purchase some, 1billion $ of Su-35 deal is not a problem for today China military expenditure, it will be a good chance for Chinese to study Russian advanced fighter design.

In one word, whether selling Su-35 is not important for PLAAF now. Next 10 years it's stealth fighter's world. For those countries who have whole aviation industry and indigenously design stealth fighter, the Su-35 is not necessary.

Stealth fighter & Stealth UAV will rule the sky. In the future fewer and fewer countries can produce advanced stealth fighter ...

Last edited:
Likely another stock Al-31F; the WS-15 prototype won't be ready until 2014.

The nozzle looks significantly shorter and broader, it could be the WS-10G.

J-20 previously used the modified AL-31F.

Since China has many AL-31F engine in the inventory since the 1990s, and China can fully replicate it and improve it.

The nozzle looks significantly shorter and broader, it could be the WS-10G.

J-20 previously used the modified AL-31F.

Since China has many AL-31F engine in the inventory since the 1990s, and China can fully replicate it and improve it.
Yes, very likely domestic engine becos AL-31 engine not offer high thrust of power required for J-20. Even an interim engine needs more power to achieve the criteria. 2014 will be the year where Chinese engine achieved the break thru.

China does not need or want Su-35. WS-10 is not developed from AL-31, it's developed from F-16's engine imported in the 1980s. J-20 replaces all Flankers in PLAAF. Su-35 is a dated design. Is it me, or is the pitot tube in 2011 prototype gone?

Back
Top Bottom