What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

What make you think china is Iraq? I think US is Iraq, without NATO the United stated is garbage. Think about it, any war US declared they never do it by themselves. They have high technology but have no balls to fight on it owns. Even a Viet cong can kick *** of the US and it allies NATO.
with the US only NATO became powerful alliance in the world......

Bigger doesn't automatically mean it is better.

In terms of payload yes it does. Though what is important for a 5th generation is its RCS. This is where i believe Chinese needs to focus w.r.t J-20.

Russians and Americans etc... are trying to reduce the size of radar and to increase it's range..... but you are saying bigger size radar will only have great range..... you are clueless...... i know about etc....

haha, you dont know what radars are.

The Chinese call 5th generation fighters 4th, 4th generation 3rd, and so on.
Bigger doesn't automatically mean it is better. What is mutifunctions?

F35 is one plane to meet dozens countries's requirements. added too much feature, land attack, short take off, vertical landing,,,, and is not specified on front line air fighting.

J20 is simple, get F35 and T50 from front in 40-50km before they see J20. and have ability to fight against F22. that is it. anything else is optional.

:lol:

133002651214.jpg

Compare front views of PAK FA, F-22 and J-20. PAK FA has the smallest and most slim profile. F-22 profile is bit a larger. And now look at this scary monstrosity that is called J-20 :lol: Is there anything common between this and low RCS concept? :lol: Look at canards which are incompatible with stealth. Did anyone hear about 5g aircrafts with canards? :lol: J-20 is not even stealth aircraft, 4.5g at best. F-22 and PAK FA are in different league.

I will reply to you later. F16 is also smaller in size compare to T50. you are totally selling cookies at the door, dingdong!

zzzz here we go, I dont want to re-invent the wheels. found some old messages and photos.

kod016300112s.jpg

1wuPU.jpg

Framed canopy, Fully exposed compressor face. Gaps around the inlets. Seams, gaps, protrusions, changes in surface material, sudden changes in shape, and surface, discontinuities all over the lower fuselage. --- by Martian2

other than that, we have comments from famous persons.
something is very interesting, at the introduction of T50 and J20, US had different comments

“I didn’t see anything … that would cause me to rethink plans for the F-
22 or F-35,” Air Force Secretary Michael Donley told reporters Feb. 18 at
the Air Force Association’s winter conference, held in Orlando, Fla.

The Air Force ordered the last of its 187 F-22s in 2009. Russia has not had
a new fighter in nearly 20 years; the Indian air force is also sponsoring
development of a version of the T-50.
“It looks like a plane we’ve seen before,” Gen. Roger Brady, the air boss
for NATO and commander of U.S. Air Forces in Europe, said at the conference.

Gen. Gary North, commander of Pacific Air Forces, made clear his impression
of the fighter: “I guess the greatest flattery is how much they copy you.”

---------compare-----

Richard Aboulafia, an aviation analyst with the Teal Group, an aerospace and defense consulting firm,
"When the photos were first released to the public, The J-20 struck fear in the hearts of average Americans and the U.S. military complex."

China is farther along in its development of a new stealth fighter jet than
the U.S. had predicted, and that plane and other Chinese military advances
are worrisome, U.S. Defence Secretary Robert Gates said Saturday.

"They clearly have potential to put some of our capabilities at risk," Gates
said en route to military talks with Chinese leaders. "We have to pay
attention to them, we have to respond appropriately with our own programs."

The United States has long known that China wanted to field a stealth jet,
but development outpaced U.S. intelligence estimates, Gates said.

zzzz here we go, I dont want to re-invent the wheels. found some old messages and photos.

kod016300112s.jpg

1wuPU.jpg

Framed canopy, Fully exposed compressor face. Gaps around the inlets. Seams, gaps, protrusions, changes in surface material, sudden changes in shape, and surface, discontinuities all over the lower fuselage. --- by Martian2

other than that, we have comments from famous persons.
something is very interesting, at the introduction of T50 and J20, US had different comments

“I didn’t see anything … that would cause me to rethink plans for the F-
22 or F-35,” Air Force Secretary Michael Donley told reporters Feb. 18 at
the Air Force Association’s winter conference, held in Orlando, Fla.

The Air Force ordered the last of its 187 F-22s in 2009. Russia has not had
a new fighter in nearly 20 years; the Indian air force is also sponsoring
development of a version of the T-50.
“It looks like a plane we’ve seen before,” Gen. Roger Brady, the air boss
for NATO and commander of U.S. Air Forces in Europe, said at the conference.

Gen. Gary North, commander of Pacific Air Forces, made clear his impression
of the fighter: “I guess the greatest flattery is how much they copy you.”

---------compare-----

Richard Aboulafia, an aviation analyst with the Teal Group, an aerospace and defense consulting firm,
"When the photos were first released to the public, The J-20 struck fear in the hearts of average Americans and the U.S. military complex."

China is farther along in its development of a new stealth fighter jet than
the U.S. had predicted, and that plane and other Chinese military advances
are worrisome, U.S. Defence Secretary Robert Gates said Saturday.

"They clearly have potential to put some of our capabilities at risk," Gates
said en route to military talks with Chinese leaders. "We have to pay
attention to them, we have to respond appropriately with our own programs."

The United States has long known that China wanted to field a stealth jet,
but development outpaced U.S. intelligence estimates, Gates said.

Wishful thinking. Bottom line is there isn't anyone who has hard data on the plane. All you got is a bunch of wishes for Santa Clause ..

Wishful thinking. Bottom line is there isn't anyone who has hard data on the plane. All you got is a bunch of wishes for Santa Clause ..

ignorance is truly happy!!!!

he even can not understand what do those meant when 2 people from different locations and gave out such accurate words:
"I didn’t see anything …" and “It looks like a plane we’ve seen before,”

guys, you see a "metal framed canopy" is thinking not description. you need have data such as I see the 183cm long, 19cm width and 5cm thick metal frame on T50 canopy. or if you see the "Fully exposed compressor face", that is also a pure thinking, give data please...

Stop the BS about compressor face. It will not be exposed in any way on production aircraft.
Now i will comment on the rest.

What you said is the same as saying that SU-27 with unframed canopy would have lower RCS than PAK-FA because of canopy :lol:
images

Look at this. What gaps, what rivets? The left canard of this thing probably has 10 times bigger RCS than the whole PAK FA from front view. Add to this the same gaps, rivets, discontinuities of J-20. Dude, forget it. The aircrafts are not even comparable they are in different leagues from RCS point of view. J-20 will be lighting up like a christmas tree from hundreds of km away on radar of PAK FA. :lol: It should be a decent strike aircraft with its slightly lowered RCS though. But in air superiority role this thing doesnt stand a chance against true 5g fighters :)

^^^^^

Stop talking something you know nothing fan boy
You need to learn basic radar reflection first, before outburst severely laughable comments like the above :lol:

ignorance is truly happy!!!!

yes whenever people like you write something in here. ..

^^^^^

Stop talking something you know nothing fan boy
You need to learn basic radar reflection first, before outburst severely laughable comments like the above :lol:

And you need to stop giving other people advice and go back to school and graduate. You have no knowledge whatsoever.

yes whenever people like you write something in here. ..

And you need to stop giving other people advice and go back to school and graduate. You have no knowledge whatsoever.

Then explain why you think what zzzz said the above is true.

Then explain why you think what zzzz said the above is true.

I don't have to explain anything to you specifically because I (and others) have tried to explain many things to you. You just ignore them no matter what kind of sources or literature is attached to them.

even in my statement above about the wishful thinking, you can't disprove it. You (or anyone else) have no real data for J-20. You just go by looks alone.

you don't know its range, its radar range, its radar/avionics composition, its internal fuel / weapon load. You don't know the weapons it is going to carry, if they have been tested or not. The relevant capabilities of said weapons. You don't know the efficacy of its self protection suit. If there is going to be a secondary sensor array. If the plane is going to incorporate sensor fusion successfully or just a mix of data on some screen. You don't even know which engines it is going to be flying with.
You specifically know nothing about manufacturing engineering, material engineering, aeronautics (I think we established that), electronics and Communication engineering. So you better tone it down a bit because you are not just way out of your league. You are on a different galaxy from your league.

At least for the T-50 the world knows that even without its 5th gen. engines, the plane can supercruise because the Su-35 already does with those engines. For the J-20 we know NOTHING!

Yet you are all happy to just say it is the superplane. Fine by me..

just make sure you give it a cape and a big red S painted on its belly.

...fanboys ts

Stop the BS about ...

What you said is the same as saying that SU-27 with unframed canopy would have lower RCS than PAK-FA because of canopy :lol:
su27id_10.jpg

Look at this. What gaps, what rivets?

oh boy, you came here and have never see a Su27? "SU-27 with unframed canopy" were you from the moon?

At least for the T-50 the world knows that even without its 5th gen. engines, the plane can supercruise because the Su-35 already does with those engines. For the J-20 we know NOTHING!

supercruise is not max speed, you need to have supersonic last for 30 minutes. under 50km Su27 can do. by the way, 5G is called stealthy fighter, not supercruise fighter. its hard condition is stealthy, anything else is optional --- sure not out of range. you can see the stealthy on T50 is kind of sucky if not out of the class. you dont know J20 is ok, Americans knows.

I don't have to explain anything to you specifically because I (and others) have tried to explain many things to you. You just ignore them no matter what kind of sources or literature is attached to them.

even in my statement above about the wishful thinking, you can't disprove it. You (or anyone else) have no real data for J-20. You just go by looks alone.

you don't know its range, its radar range, its radar/avionics composition, its internal fuel / weapon load. You don't know the weapons it is going to carry, if they have been tested or not. The relevant capabilities of said weapons. You don't know the efficacy of its self protection suit. If there is going to be a secondary sensor array. If the plane is going to incorporate sensor fusion successfully or just a mix of data on some screen. You don't even know which engines it is going to be flying with.
You specifically know nothing about manufacturing engineering, material engineering, aeronautics (I think we established that), electronics and Communication engineering. So you better tone it down a bit because you are not just way out of your league. You are on a different galaxy from your league.

Yet you are all happy to just say it is the superplane. Fine by me..

just make sure you give it a cape and a big red S painted on its belly.

...fanboys ts

You like to make it up.
You never bring evidence nor able to defend your own argument.

You talk as if you know, but in fact you dont know anything.

Your new friend zzzz claim that the J-20 canard will make J-20 like a christmast tree on radar.

Please explain and bring evidence to support your friend's claim.

I guess what my fellow countryman tried to prove to you is that, the US (the country the J20 is designed to counter) is considering it as a threat, while they (the US) is dismissing the Paa...k..fA(?) as non-competing. That is enough info for the layman such as myself.

As for the chart above, your country is bankrupting itself, number one shipping or not. While it's not relevant IMO on this topic it does raises concerns for it could be the first step to the fall of the EU. Being number one in one industry certainly is not impressive to anyone ATM for your effort should be focused on not falling apart, that will hurt everybody on this planet (more so to you than everybody else)

The UK, the country you live in, will not fare much better in the next ten years either. Time to start working rather than shouting useless trash on a forum (I understand where Gambit is coming from but what is it to you?).

I have served and worked with fighter jets for a number of years. I cannot as an engineer and someone who has served allow fanboys no older than 14 spread nonsense. Is that good enough for you?

Trash? I think not. Trash is all this speculative nonsense about a plane that noone has yet tested independently and evaluated.

get it ?

Back
Top Bottom