What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Hello to all

I hope all you guys are doing fine and well. I keep get confused by people remards about JF-17 that it's a low tech jet it can't compete against the likes of SU-30MKI, Rafale, MK2, Mig 29 etc... and the list goes on and on.

So now my question is this from all you guys that why than PAF insisting to procure lot's of these jets i heard about 250-350 if the JF-17 is not that capable?

If this the case then it's total no must be reduce to let's say about 100 and procure FC-20's in big no's likes of 200, and a squardon of two Rafale if our chiefs of the country allow this country to build and didn't loot this country much let some money go into the treasure box of this country and not in their pockets and personal bank accounts.
the answer to your question comes in two parts:
firstly, the JF17 is a truely capable plane. it is among the best of its calss! the Su30 is of a different league, it is a heavy weight contendor while JF17 is a light weight plane, this surely have a significatn effect of the performance and role of both these aircrafts! let us not the hread into JF17 vs Su30 thread so yes, currently the number of BVR that su carries and the radar to give it an edge over the su30 but together with AWE&C and employing larger numbers of JF 17 into a battle will help us out to some extent. remember that the JF is much more fuel eficient and more importantly maintainance friendly compared to Su so can easily be employed in greater numbers as comapred to Su30!
secondly th JF17 is designed to be produced in blocks! the same as F16! this means that the plane was designed keeping in view the requirment of future upgrades! we are just producing block 1 and news and reports of upgradations for block 2 are in the air, now you better guess what the latter blocks will come up with! i mean it can be altogether a different aircraft in latter blocks, the evolution of F16 from block 1 o block 60 is there as an example! i bet it will be better then the F16 as is designed for a BVR role and still is on par with the falcons in dog fights!
all in all, JF17 is a great potential plane and will work wonders for PAF!

i hope you have got the point now!

regards

JFs will stay 200 to 250 im expecting more FC-20 or a new platform after comploetion of induction of JF-17

you m=ight be right on this but you know it is all about the system gets matured and in evoloved as the time passes!
the F16 blk52 are on par wiht the FC20 deeloped now and the first blk of F16s were not even a match for the JF17,
you know, the F16 programme is a real inspiration for me, the way it have evolved from its block turning it into a new generation fighter aircraft! i hope the same is possible for the JF17, it have good market potential, and have the potential of heavy upgrades! this is what make the JF17 a very potent aircraft!
we may end up with more JF17 if the project matures nicely and upgradations are done wisely!
anyhow at the time, it seems that your idea of 250 JF and some more FC20 is the call of the day!

regards!

no, you are not going to baned for such stuff, i mean to say, i hope not!!

just keep up with the good work that you are doing and that will prevent you from being banned, i mean keep up with the infos and some new reports!

regards!

no, you are not going to baned for such stuff, i mean to say, i hope not!!

just keep up with the good work that you are doing and that will prevent you from being banned, i mean keep up with the infos and some new reports!

regards!

lolz sure dude

IRST in the nose section, new kind of radar may be, as there are three strips on each side of the new J-10B, one at the nose cockpit area, one at the back of the fuselage near the engine, and one on the tail area. Same strips seen on the UAE F-16 E/F Block 60, giving speculation that an AESA radar is being tested or might be integrated in future, plus the nose has also become little flatter then the previous oval or round nose.

Those "strips" are seen on cargo aircraft like C-130 Hercules, they are not for AESA radars, they are called "slime lights" and their purpose has nothing to do with any kind of radar. The part that has raised speculation on AESA radar is the slanted join between nose radome and fuselage, which you can also see in F-16E/F.

china will always keep their high edge technology in military a secret, as the old quotation from dao de jing ''superior weapon of a country, will not easily be displayed to others''. discussion about very detailed info seems meaningless unless reliable *maybe official news released.

China keeps thing secret.its their national policy.Even minor things are kept secret but PAF was the 1st one given access to highly classified J-10 project

yesterday i was watching Future Weapons-JSF part 1 on you tube i saw something that sent a spark in my brain
while watching this movie there comes a scene where there are two models (likely F-22 and JF-35) but for a split second the camera turns to the other ones and you know what?
i saw this! (i have encircled it)

it can be seen for only a second or less than that.so what that could a twin tail canard fighter be doing over there? (The JXX in IMHO) (perhaps they are considering its potential compition in designing JSF
I posted in JXX thread but it is inactive need some comments on this

yesterday i was watching Future Weapons-JSF part 1 on you tube i saw something that sent a spark in my brain
while watching this movie there comes a scene where there are two models (likely F-22 and JF-35) but for a split second the camera turns to the other ones and you know what?
i saw this! (i have encircled it)

it can be seen for only a second or less than that.so what that could a twin tail canard fighter be doing over there? (The JXX in IMHO) (perhaps they are considering its potential compition in designing JSF
I posted in JXX thread but it is inactive need some comments on this

nice point friend! infavt rwlly nice observation!
but
it is a single engine fighter but surely in something different from waht we have sen flying! definetly a new jet!

good work!
:toast_sign:

regards!

China keeps thing secret.its their national policy.Even minor things are kept secret but PAF was the 1st one given access to highly classified J-10 project

and that too happened after lots of persuing and assuring them that we will purchase these systems!
we have all haered about the report about the PAF officials not being given acces to the J10 easily, thatwas hard work but surely worth it!

regards!

nice point friend! infavt rwlly nice observation!
but
it is a single engine fighter but surely in something different from waht we have sen flying! definetly a new jet!

good work!
:toast_sign:

regards!

thanx a lot but the question remains what could be the purpose???:what:

Wangrong, are the BVR missile on these J-10 PL-11 or PL-12 ??

From the fin design of the missile they look like PL-11.

Back
Top Bottom