What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

PAF strength will never be stagnant at 350 to 450 combat aircraft, as time passes it will increase also. 300 JF17s, plus 100s of J-10s and some other latest types too.

JFs will stay 200 to 250 im expecting more FC-20 or a new platform after comploetion of induction of JF-17

JFs will stay 200 to 250 im expecting more FC-20 or a new platform after completion of induction of JF-17

u never know, if the future versions performs exceptionally & are meeting the requirements sufficiently then the number of production can go more then 250. Its not a hard and fast rule. When F-16 was made, no one even the USAF would have thought that they would buy thousands of them or LM had expected it to be such an exceptional & popular plane. F-22 had a production figure of approx 400+, but now i guess in operation there are no more then 200 or 300 and the production has stopped.
The start figure for JF-17 was 150, raised to 250 and some talking about 300 or so. I guess time will tell.

u never know, if the future versions performs exceptionally & are meeting the requirements sufficiently then the number of production can go more then 250. Its not a hard and fast rule. When F-16 was made, no one even the USAF would have thought that they would buy thousands of them or LM had expected it to be such an exceptional & popular plane. F-22 had a production figure of approx 400+, but now i guess in operation there are no more then 200 or 300 and the production has stopped.
The start figure for JF-17 was 150, raised to 250 and some talking about 300 or so. I guess time will tell.

Yes but even if the plane performs well and with MRCA in IAF pocket.PAF will definatly look for more advanced aircrafts like JXX but JF-17 will be kept alive for export customers i wonder if Thunder will be watered down for exports :enjoy:

this is how it is made.
j10b DSI
5ff49794f6af22ce71734204d8b4e51c.jpg

PLA also use K-8 to train their pilots:azn:
we should also use them to train pilots for JF-17 AND FC-20

Attachments

• 193_5506_250657[2].jpg
    193_5506_250657[2].jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 193_5507_958084[1].jpg
    193_5507_958084[1].jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 29

obviously as training ACs they are primarily used for F-16 and others so they will also be used for FC-20 and JF-17

Pakistan is already using K-8 and a newer version K-8P, but its an intermediate jet trianer, u can't train pilots of JF-17 & FC-20 on them, there is a full pilot conversion procedure in PAF. Basic Trainer is MushshaK, then comes the Intermediate Trainer K-8,K-8P & T-37, then the advance trainer FT-7, FT-6, and after this comes the assigned fighter air crafts.

Hello to all

I hope all you guys are doing fine and well. I keep get confused by people remards about JF-17 that it's a low tech jet it can't compete against the likes of SU-30MKI, Rafale, MK2, Mig 29 etc... and the list goes on and on.

So now my question is this from all you guys that why than PAF insisting to procure lot's of these jets i heard about 250-350 if the JF-17 is not that capable?

If this the case then it's total no must be reduce to let's say about 100 and procure FC-20's in big no's likes of 200, and a squardon of two Rafale if our chiefs of the country allow this country to build and didn't loot this country much let some money go into the treasure box of this country and not in their pockets and personal bank accounts.

Your answer is in your question.
PAF is planned 250 + coz its capable to mature and can be compared to SU-30 MKI, Rafeal and others in couple of years.

New French Engine (also used in Rafeal), latest western avonics and various radars including AESA radar (negotiation is under way with SELEX) is under evaluation for JF-17. With these new specs JF-17 would be compared with MKI and Rafeal, etc.

At the moment u can compare JF-17 with MK2 & Mig 29. JF-17 is using RD-93 engine which is varient of RD-33 (used in Mig 29).

U can consult JF-17 thread to know more abt it.

Nice! So guys what are some major differences?

DSI is there.
Changes underneath the aircraft.

This is very nice development.

Nice! So guys what are some major differences?

DSI is there.
Changes underneath the aircraft.

This is very nice development.

ECM system at the top of the tail rudder, the pylons under the wings are also new, their purpose is not yet clear, some say some kind of ECM thing and some say just for testing purposes.

IRST in the nose section, new kind of radar may be, as there are three strips on each side of the new J-10B, one at the nose cockpit area, one at the back of the fuselage near the engine, and one on the tail area. Same strips seen on the UAE F-16 E/F Block 60, giving speculation that an AESA radar is being tested or might be integrated in future, plus the nose has also become little flatter then the previous oval or round nose.

Back
Top Bottom