What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Just another idea! :-)

So far all J-10B and J-10C delivered are operational within the PLAAF only, but given the fact that the PLANAF already operates one J-10AH-unit and there are still older types (aka J-8H and F) to replace, how likely is it that the J-10C could be introduced as well??

Or will the PLANAF even more prefer twin-engined and longer-range-capable fighters and the J-16 will be procured instead, maybe even transferring the J-10AHs to the PLAAF?

Deino

J-10C with "YJ-91 anti-radiation missiles"
kuh0f6t.jpg

So far all J-10B and J-10C delivered are operational within the PLAAF only, but given the fact that the PLANAF already operates one J-10AH-unit and there are still older types (aka J-8H and F) to replace, how likely is it that the J-10C could be introduced as well??

Or will the PLANAF even more prefer twin-engined and longer-range-capable fighters and the J-16 will be procured instead, maybe even transferring the J-10AHs to the PLAAF?

Deino

What is the J-10AH?

What is the J-10AH?

Chengdu J-10A Naval variant.

Maybe we will see J-10CH too in the near future, but I think PLAN prioritize their Aircraft carrier construction and Shenyang J-15 production for their near future, including AWACS and UCAV for their future AC (Type 002 CV)

Chengdu J-10A Naval variant.

Maybe we will see J-10CH too in the near future, but I think PLAN prioritize their Aircraft carrier construction and Shenyang J-15 production for their near future, including AWACS and UCAV for their future AC (Type 002 CV)

Indeed, but regardless this focus on carrier-aviation I don't think the PLAAF will "phase out all its land based fighter models and convert its fighter regiments into carrier capable units with carrier capable planes" at least anytime soon.

Also I don't think that regular Air Divisions will be converted until at least 2-3 carriers are operational.

So in summary I think they will "soon" replace their last J-8H/F and maybe as a next step the JH-7s.

IMO a most likely option - as others already pointed - these will all be replaced with J-16s which in the end will result in an all-Flanker fleet. Consequently the J-10AHs could be transferred to the PLAAF.

Or - if the J-10 is not replaced - the J-10C could be a successor for the J-8 and the J-16 for the JH-7 (at least the Batch 01 models).

Deino

Here a better version of the latest J-20 image spotted at CAC from July ...

I'm a bit surprised that we don't see as many J-10s as before ... could be coincidence but anyway surprising.

CAC airfield + J-20A - 20170728 better 2.jpg

:-)

Even if most serials are again deleted tit is clearly visible in one image showing them from the 130. Brigade - aka ex. 130. Regiment, 44th Division - which must have just recently converted from the J-7H to the J-10A when the 131st Brigade got the latest J-10C.

Deino

J-10A 74110 - 130. Brigade - 20170826 part.jpg

Deino
Why PAF not inducted this jet? you have any idea?

Btw, @Deino which has bigger number of Aircraft? A PLAAF Regiment, or A PLAAF Brigade? I assume it's Brigade, but I don't know. Maybe Brigade is a modernized Division?

Btw, @Deino which has bigger number of Aircraft? A PLAAF Regiment, or A PLAAF Brigade? I assume it's Brigade, but I don't know. Maybe Brigade is a modernized Division?

No, as I explained (or at least tried to) in this post https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chinese-air-force-plaaf-news-discussions.84214/page-111#post-9803183

"First of all we need to differ between an Air Base and a Base. At first sight it looks as if Regiments were replaced simply by Brigades (usually just reusing their original numbers) and Divisions are replaced by Bases.
However the difference is most of all related to its leader grade: Each Base is directly subordinate to the relevant Theater Command Air Force HQ, which is a theater command deputy leader grade organization.
As such, each of the Bases has command overall all PLAAF air brigades (division deputy leader grade), SAMs, AAA, and radar units in their immediate AOR."

And otherwise You are probably correct, it seems as if a Brigade has (or will have) a few aircraft more than a former Regiment, but by now I don't have any hard facts.

Hope this helps a bit.
Deino

Back
Top Bottom