What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Some mistake...

Introduction on a larger scale of the JSF is around 2020. Till that F16 block52 (mostly upgraded) would probably the most used fighterjet. We have to wait and see which numbers F22 will be. Around 2012 they will only release a few test versions of JSF for the customers.

I don't know about Icey but it made sense to me & answered some of the questions in my mind! Thanks Araz sir!

I just happened to visit your forum It is quite informative and a very good discussion going on.
I also saw my name mentioned here. Thanks!.

I like to say that I usually do not post anything that can have an adverse effect on the safety and security of Pakistan, nor I post anything secret. Some of this information is already on the open sourse. You can quote me anythime you borrow anythinmg from post on Pakdef by giving due credit to Pakdef.
Thanks again.

Its an honor to have you here Sir. Hope you'll continue to visit and support humble forum.

Thank you! :pakistan:

I just happened to visit your forum It is quite informative and a very good discussion going on.
I also saw my name mentioned here. Thanks!.

I like to say that I usually do not post anything that can have an adverse effect on the safety and security of Pakistan, nor I post anything secret. Some of this information is already on the open sourse. You can quote me anythime you borrow anythinmg from post on Pakdef by giving due credit to Pakdef.
Thanks again.

PShamim Saheb .
It is really a pleasure to see you on this forum. Welcome. We can now say that we get postings from two of PAFs greats--yourselves and Sir MuradK your course mate. We would love to see you post here as well please.
We understand the process of posting news but felt clarifications were needed after Asad,s posts. If I post a news from another forum , I always give credit to the poster as do a lot of the other posters here. We are fully cognizant of the fact that no Ex PAF hero would ever divulge anything contrary to PAFs interest nor would we want you to. Hope to see you on this forum as well as our sister forum.
WaSalam
Araz

finally - - a solid and credible post backed by proper photos.
good work wangrong.

it looks great. my prayers for a successful flight test programme for that prototype.

Wow. Is it just me, or does that thing have a divertless supersonic intake, just like in the J-10B computer-generated pictures and in the F-16 DSI demonstrator?
http://www.codeonemagazine.com/archives/2000/articles/july_00/divertless_1.html
I didn't think they would put one on the J-10. It is larger than JF, so has more spare space for proper variable geometry inlets. I also read somewhere it restricts max. speed to around Mach 2-ish, dunno if that is true though.

The nose is a different shape too, new radar? I hope it's a PESA if not an AESA.
What is the thing next to the windscreen? An in-flight refuelling probe, or an IRST sensor?
Why are the vertical stabiliser (tail fin) and edge of the wing circled? I can't see any difference to normal J-10 side view:
http://www.airlinebuzz.com/chickenworks/images/FR_J10s_Bw.jpg

Thank you wangrong sir, please post any other pictures that you find.

Last edited:
Regular J-10
79f9b866e727da1e6c5f9e53c98b05be.jpg

Can you guys explain the differences as well?

woow niceee... at first sight it looks like another PS job but if you analyze it carefully then you can see some realistic details.
- IRST
- DSI "air intake"
- extended nose cone.
- longer nose antenna suggesting that the radar is still in testing phase
- and forgot the term but notice the big dot just above the exhaust nozzle on the rudder.

hope its real..

Back
Top Bottom