What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

J-10Cs

193000dcxn1mhu8dyp28mg.jpg

193003g000q42ccz8f9zvf.jpg

Is engine life cycle issue resolved on J10 b/c as it would be quite potent if it is resolved.

To admit, I'm a bit confused... so far I thought it was clear: All Batch 01 aircraft are AL-31FN series 3 powered, and as such they are J-10B ... the Batch 02 aircraft are similar but at least two were tested with the WS-10B .... but now it's getting confusing again (at least for me) ! For batch 03 the AESA-equipped J-10C most likely with the WS-10B could be expected.

But if You compare the details, then this Batch 02 aircraft is for sure an AL-31FN Series 3-powered one ... but is it a J-10B or J-10C ??

It clearly has the new antenna on the tail (but is this enough to call it a C ?) but it lacks the one under the nose behind the radome (so still a B ??) ... and the other one on the spine can't be seen. Really strange.

At least Huitong calls it a J-10C:

The latest images (November 2015) indicated that the production of 02 batch continues. These are thought to be the improved J-10Cs with VLOC antennas installed on top of the vertical tailfin and carrying the new PL-15 AAMs.

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.de/p/fighters-ii.html#J-10B

As such it would be interesting to know the c/n of the latest AL-31FN birds just delivered to a unit as well as the numbers for these two WS-10B-powered birds.

Deino

To admit, I'm a bit confused... so far I thought it was clear: All Batch 01 aircraft are AL-31FN series 3 powered, and as such they are J-10B ... the Batch 02 aircraft are similar but at least two were tested with the WS-10B .... but now it's getting confusing again (at least for me) ! For batch 03 the AESA-equipped J-10C most likely with the WS-10B could be expected.

But if You compare the details, then this Batch 02 aircraft is for sure an AL-31FN Series 3-powered one ... but is it a J-10B or J-10C ??

It clearly has the new antenna on the tail (but is this enough to call it a C ?) but it lacks the one under the nose behind the radome (so still a B ??) ... and the other one on the spine can't be seen. Really strange.

At least Huitong calls it a J-10C:

http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.de/p/fighters-ii.html#J-10B

As such it would be interesting to know the c/n of the latest AL-31FN birds just delivered to a unit as well as the numbers for these two WS-10B-powered birds.

Deino
Remember, one thing. They are not painted in operational light grey PLAAF scheme yet.

Remember, one thing. They are not painted in operational light grey PLAAF scheme yet.

And how does this matter ?? We have seen several - altogether more than 53 - unpainted J-10Bs and finally several of them also in PLAAF grey, however evertime with their serials psed out. So these are not different to all the previous batch 01 aircraft: We first spot them in yellow primer with their serials in red, we see them later ín grey and even later with therir serials ... so what.

Or do You want again to assume that the PLAAF is still producing now batch 02 aircraft only to retire them or let them take dust at CAC until the WS-10B is mature ?

Come on ...

Deino

And how does this matter ?? We have seen several - altogether more than 53 - unpainted J-10Bs and finally several of them also in PLAAF grey, however evertime with their serials psed out. So these are not different to all the previous batch 01 aircraft: We first spot them in yellow primer with their serials in red, we see them later ín grey and even later with therir serials ... so what.

Or do You want again to assume that the PLAAF is still producing now batch 02 aircraft only to retire them or let them take dust at CAC until the WS-10B is mature ?

Come on ...

Deino
The AL-31FN engine is install just to test out the system working and airframe so as to speed up the whole process and save a hundred hours of lifespan of WS-10B. Once ready for operation in PLAAF scheme. The AL-31FN will be swap out with WS-10B.

Not really sure ... why do the batch 01 J-11B still use their AL-31F if they could even more easily be replaced by the WS-10A ?? ... and even more why not use them - they were all paid for, they are reliable ... - ???

Would be nice to see the J-10B/C with conformal tanks.

Will any of you guys post a J-10C full missile load-out using all hard point please?

@Deino @cirr : Do you have the above pics I've requested?

recent news, PAF get 8 more F-16
and latest news F-16V debut

8 is the first order, there may be 18 more. I don't know about the V configuration, more than likely it would be block 60 similar to UAE's. They are ok with Pakistan getting these planes (they paid for the advanced R&D). They have a big PAF contingent working for the UAE-AF at any given time so this would only help them avoid further training.

Plus one to two squadrons of -16's are also on the cards. One is almost certain, second one, if no Chinese or European option is exercised by early next year.

Will any of you guys post a J-10C full missile load-out using all hard point please?

@Deino @cirr : Do you have the above pics I've requested?

Sorry, but we just only have a few images of the C-model, ... so far we are not even sure where the B ends and the C starts ... in consequence images of a fully operational and completely armed are something You should ask for in about a few months at best.

Deino

Not really sure ... why do the batch 01 J-11B still use their AL-31F if they could even more easily be replaced by the WS-10A ?? ... and even more why not use them - they were all paid for, they are reliable ... - ???
WS-10A needs to be use for J-11B or J-11BS. China bought large number of AL-31engine and they shan't waste it. They are used for J-11A or testing out of new operational airframe to save more Taihang engine. J-10B/C needs higher thrust WS-10B. AL-31FN cannot satisfy it's need.

That's completely bare any logic !

If China bought large stocks of AL-31F for their Flankers and uses them regardless the WS-10A is already available, why should they ignore the also bought AL-31FN for the J-10B and wait for the WS-10B even more since the Series 3 has a higher thrust ??

Honestly, You are obsessed by that "idea" that the WS-10A/B is the one and only holy grail for China's fighter similar to the latest Star Wars statement: The J-11B uses Taihang, the J-10B must use a Taihang and the J-20 too has to use a Taihang. Taihang is strong in my family ?!

That's completely bare any logic !

If China bought large stocks of AL-31F for their Flankers and uses them regardless the WS-10A is already available, why should they ignore the also bought AL-31FN for the J-10B and wait for the WS-10B even more since the Series 3 has a higher thrust ??

Honestly, You are obsessed by that "idea" that the WS-10A/B is the one and only holy grail for China's fighter similar to the latest Star Wars statement: The J-11B uses Taihang, the J-10B must use a Taihang and the J-20 too has to use a Taihang. Taihang is strong in my family ?!
Chinese always do thing prudently. AL-31FN for J-10B is just a backup in case WS-10B cannot materialise. Even C919 parts has redundant supplier in case one supplier failed to delivered.

Chinese always do thing prudently. AL-31FN for J-10B is just a backup in case WS-10B cannot materialise. Even C919 parts has redundant supplier in case one supplier failed to delivered.
what your trying to say is that the j10b is built with a high level of redundancy.

Back
Top Bottom