What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

It is a shame that none know the basic way for this Saturn to dump fuel... Just that much is pushed into the flow that it will not good enough to burn. Handy to locate eachother or just to dump before landing. Or as in this case... If you want to have the perfect weight for a smart going vertical... You dump the extra weight.

Just check my old J10 video and you will see that it is nothing new. And it is surely not diesel cause we would smell that. I have seen this plane a few times doing it and it surely did not smell wrong.

Some stuff related to J-10
In addition, the Pakistan Air Force is also seeking Chinese help its modernization, China and Pakistan jointly research the JF-17 "Lightning" / FC-1 "Xiaolong" fighters, 250 of the fighters will be a gradual replacement of strong-5C attack planes, F-7P fighter aircraft and Mirage III fighters, and thus constitute a Pakistani Air Force's main models.

Pakistan also seeks 7 - 8 hundred million US dollars loans from China,to help the Pakistani Air Force for the first batch of 50 JF-17 fighter planes before 2011 .

The article also mentioned, Pakistan in this year will decide whether to purchase 36-40
F -10 fighter aircraft (the Pakistani side calls FC-20). This batch of high-end fighter plane will supplement Pakistan Air force active duty F-16A and already ordered F-16C/D which will be of order Block52. (round the world Times in American special correspondent Wang Qichao) 
ÃÀ¿¯:°Í»ù˹̹»ò½«²É¹ºÖйú054A»¤ÎÀ½¢-¾üÊÂÌìµØ-ÖйúÄþ²¨Íø

feb 6, 2009

If the interview of the ACM posted by hj786 is correct ( since it was posted as a translation by someone and we havent seen the original interview as a picture/video) then it seems that the first 36 aircrafts would be the J10a, probably with western avionics and stuff. And the FC-20 could possibly refer to a future modified version....with the demand and specification and possibly collaboration of the PAF....this theory agrees with what pshamim said on pakdef of a new fighter to be revealed by 2012.

This theory, however, contradicts what tphuang said and what's mentioned in the quote I posted above, that J10 (or F-10 the export version) and FC-20 are the same thing. It also looks from the PAF calender I posted that shows the J-10 as FC-20. The fact that it will be ordered this year makes it highly unlikely that we will see any major alteration (that might require testing) but probably just upgraded avionics.

well firstly i don't think the contract has been inked... but i heard from somewhere another rumour i guess that a more advanced J-10 flew in december 2008...can someone confirm this report....cuz if this is the case then i think we can expect J-10b to be set on flight testing within 2009....and if pakistan hasn't inked the contract we can surely do once the trials are over....so by 2012 we can expect first deliveries...damn seems like a long time!!

the new fighter that mean_bird mentioned in his thread - - -could it be the j-xx/j-14?
also, with 3 possibilities on the table for a frontline system i.e
1-standard j-10
2-advanced j-10/j-10b with aesa, conformal tanks and loads of onboard electronics (the graphics of which we have seen on this site)
3-j-xx/j-14
what would be the most sensible long term decision?

nothing has been inked yet so J10A OR B can't be guarnteed but i like the fact that finally china is making some advanced fighters unlike before.

My take is PAF is playing a nice game. If the situation gets tough , it will order J10s in their current configuration. However, if things go according to plan, PAF will wait , I strongly suspect, it has given its input in what changes it wants in J10s, and the chinese are working on it. The recent flight may have been related to it. If on final evaluation, PAF finds all to its satisfaction, it will induct J20s in larger numbers than originally announced.
At the moment that is all that we can say.
Araz

The Indians are trying to get everyone in the MRCA deal. Sooner or later they have to select. The longer they wait the more outdated planes they will get. No one is going them to sell f35 or F22... We will see how far Russians will go after MKI. All other parties will be running to opposite site to sell. The goodies to upgrade JF17 or J10 will be more available then ever. If not they will buy the best version of J10 available.

Ok firstly India increased there defnce budget by 34% and india is a rich and big country everyone wants to win the contract for MRCA cuz that means lots of business and money for the winner....so yes they will always be offering india the top of the line things and indias economical muscle means india can ask for TOT and whatever it wants. but an ideal scenario would be that india buys US fighters....then Russia gets annoyed PAKISTAN,CHINA,RUSSIA join hands and we get russian state of the art equipment...UTOPIA!! but realistically if we get 2 squadrons of J-10s with AESA radars we would be well placed...!! and if we get TOT for J10s that would be even better!!

Whereas I agree with your post, My only adddendum to your statement is that PAF will only be a buyer of J10s. It is not feasible for a small country like Pakistan to afford to run 2 side by side assemblies for JF17 and J10/FC20. I think PAf should concentrate on Thunder which needs all the attention it can get at the moment, so that the platform can be launched. Then there are developments for the second tranche which will keep us busy till 2112-13. So if we have had to shift out manufacturing of K8 to concentrate on JF17, you need to understand why PAF will not take over manufacturing of J10 EVEN IF IT WAS OFFERED TO US, WHICH AT THE MOMENT HAS NOT!!!
WaSalam
Araz

I wonder if our j-10's will be in grey color schme?

President leaves for China today

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari will leave for China on Friday (today), on his second visit to the friendly neighbour since assuming office last year.

He will explore avenues of economic cooperation in various fields, including Chinese investment in Pakistan’s energy sector.

During his visit from February 20 to 23, the president will visit Hubei, Yichang and Shanghai – the industrial hubs of China. “The visit will provide an opportunity for both sides to explore the avenues of economic cooperation and investments particularly in agriculture, industry and energy sectors,” the Foreign Office spokesman said.

Sources said the president would focus on seeking Chinese cooperation, expertise and investment to tackle the energy crises in Pakistan. He would ask Chinese firms to invest in renewable energy sources.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Hope we will get good news abt J-10s

I don't like JF-17 color scheme i'd like to see its color scheme that of F7PGs or better like F-16.

Back
Top Bottom