What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

quick question guys wats the difference between j 10a and j 10b and can the j10b be in the same class as the the raphel grippen and the euro typhoone

quick question guys wats the difference between j 10a and j 10b and can the j10b be in the same class as the the raphel grippen and the euro typhoone

1、
j10A air-to-air

j10B Multifunctional

2、Composite materials

Reduce weight

Increase the range

3、DSI

4、Electronic warehouse

。。。。。。。。。。

Anyway,they were very different...:yahoo:

I'm getting a lot of net chatter about J-10B and it's supposed maiden flight on December 26, it was mentioned once here but the Chinese forums are ablaze with some stories about top PLAAF officials waiting outside all morning in the cold for a test flight of a brand new aircraft. I wish we could have some definitive confirmation but alas this is China we are talking about and they keep the lid very tight on such projects. All I know for sure is that FC-20 is not J-10A.

PS - If this turns out to be bogus do not blame me! Air Chief Tanvir Mahmoud did not refer to "high tech FC-20" as J10 or F10 even though he could have and has said that contracts will be signed in 2009.

i wish pakistan get there hands on this system as soon as possible, we badly need them and some J11 will also do good. the reason being that at the moment we lack to match the india Su30 and Su27 threat.

by getting the J10z we can atleast start thinking of a competition

PS - If this turns out to be bogus do not blame me! Air Chief Tanvir Mahmoud did not refer to "high tech FC-20" as J10 or F10 even though he could have and has said that contracts will be signed in 2009.

Wasn't the delivery confirmed for 2009?
Now Air Chief is saying that even contract has not been signed yet!!!
:undecided:

Well that makes two of us...i am really expecting a beast of a plane...:)
:pakistan::china:

Last edited:
We need them asap who knows wats going in PAF high command ??

my friends...u have to understand even if Pakistan wants to get the J11's we cannot...because J11 is an upgraded SU-30 variant and Mother Russia will never authorise the sale of such a fighter to pakistan due to indian pressure. However given the current friendly athmoshpere between India and US i think its time to make allies with Russia....CHINA PAK AND RUSSIA....should come together...as for the FC20 well i think it is bascially the J10B but with western avionics....but there is no AESA or TVC in it. correct me if i am wrong...!!thank you

my friends...u have to understand even if Pakistan wants to get the J11's we cannot...because J11 is an upgraded SU-30 variant and Mother Russia will never authorise the sale of such a fighter to pakistan due to indian pressure. However given the current friendly athmoshpere between India and US i think its time to make allies with Russia....CHINA PAK AND RUSSIA....should come together...as for the FC20 well i think it is bascially the J10B but with western avionics....but there is no AESA or TVC in it. correct me if i am wrong...!!thank you

That is not the issue because J-11b is anything but Russian, even the powerplant is domestic Chinese built. The only reason we are not going for J11 is because PAF seems to satisfied with its current and future acquisitions, the F-16s, FC-20 and the JF-17s.

Well, folks, this is what I found. I don't know how reliable China Defense Mashup is but seems good to me.

Greatly Improved J-10 Fighter First Flight in China

Chengdu, Dec 27 (China Defense Mashup Report) — Several eyewitnesses in Chengdu city prove that a greatly improved J-10 fighter makes its first flight from CAC (Chengdu Aircraft Corporation) internal airport in Huang Tianba (黄田坝).
833575463c5563c9d727de2d1084ab15.jpg

One Chinese Artist’s CG Imagine Image of Improved J-10 Fighter

Some spectators say that the eyeable improvements include a DSI inlet, Forward Looking Infra Red (FLIR) Pod and Tail Wing-tip Integrated Electrical Avionics. Besides, some Internet resources claim that new J-10 has equipped with high-performance AESA radar, modified wing inner structure and stealth in-board pylons. The engine is still the Russian AL-31F, which will be replaced by FADEC AL-31FM3 for better air performance. But China’s WS-10 engine also has opportunity.

The flight lasts about 10 minutes and the test pilot is believed to be Liang Wanjun (梁万俊).

Although closing to 3.5th+ generation fighters like Typhoon and Rafael, how many new J-10 fighters will be purchansed by PLA Air Force is still one question, because CAC and SAC have entered the drastic competition for PLA’s 5th generation fighter. There always a rumor that CAC will provide prototype fighter before 2012.

I don't think we have to match India stride for stride. Have enough air power to make India seriously consider any misadventures, and mass enough nuclear missiles just to drive home the point.
An Arms race with India is not something we can afford.

I don't think we have to match India stride for stride. Have enough air power to make India seriously consider any misadventures, and mass enough nuclear missiles just to drive home the point.
An Arms race with India is not something we can afford.

And we are not looking for one either, its the minimum deterrence that we need to maintain and that is what we are currently doing.

And we are not looking for one either, its the minimum deterrence that we need to maintain and that is what we are currently doing.

I agee with you 100%. But the definition of 'minimum deterrence' is different for different people. We are acquiring/have acquired new F-16s B/52s, upgraded/upgrading old F-16s, acquiring JF-17s, about to acquire FC-20s, and still, we feel that we need to spend more on J-11s etc. I am not entirely against the acquisitions of J-11s and J-XXs, but we must draw the line somewhere. Our resources are limited.

Pakistanis' Lives in the Future is inversely proportional to Pakistanis' Livelihoods Today. Build a great arsenal and we may be able to protect more lives in the future, but at the expense of people's livelihoods today, and vice versa. We must balance this equation.

PAFAce I am in complete agreement with you on this issue of procurement. Rest assured, I very much doubt PAF will buy J-11. It is nowhere near as cost effective as the dragons - FC-20 and JF-17. For PAF I think its current procurements (JF-17, FC-20, AWACS, refuellers) are more than enough to keep Pakistan and it's interests safe.
Any extra military funds should be moved to development of Pakistan's economy, infra-structure, education system and so on. I believe the Air Chief Marshal is a wise man and hope he will not waste Pakistan's resources on capabilities that will probably never be tested.

Back
Top Bottom