What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I said, provide a link to what you said. Can you do that? or are you bs-ing?

You stated China is building 5th generation single engine planes for Pakistan, and this came from huzigeng and pupu. Show me the link.

source? provide a link that hizigneng and pupu said this.
source

some INFs from huitong website,huitong, who is a very famous and respectable boss in cdf and feiyang
The latest rumor (March 2011) suggested that 611 is working on a downgraded single-engine stealth fighter design (J-2X) which will be export-ready similar to American F-35.
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

so you guy should be satisfied with it.

source

some INFs from huitong website,huitong, who is a very famous and respectable boss in cdf and feiyang
The latest rumor (March 2011) suggested that 611 is working on a downgraded single-engine stealth fighter design (J-2X) which will be export-ready similar to American F-35.
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

so you guy should be satisfied with it.

Dont waste your time with him..

@ Areesh, no need to be so much disappointed. If the basic J-10 design comes with latest avionics and is as capable as the rumored J-10B, then whats the bad thing ?? Just not having a DSI makes any difference ?? Don't think so.

It seems due to some unknown reason PAF has made the decision to induct the aircraft much before the due time as told before of 2014-15. The J-10B design getting IOC by the end of this year and then another round of testing before formal production starting would have made the 2014-15 time line possible, but due to the need of urgency by PAF it seems the PAF has decided to get the basic design J-10 with its own requirement of Avionics to fill some gap.

F-16s have not come from the EDA stock as hoped and relations with the US have gone down in the past 1-2 years and even the Blk-52s are with restrictions and the codes for them are still being procured from the US. We were hoping to have something close to a 100 F-16s but we are stuck at the 65 F-16 figure, 34 older ones, 13 EDA ones after the loss of one from the original 14 and the new 18 Blk 52s, so we are still short of 2 full Sqds to reach the 100 mark of front line fighters to take on the enemy.

This short fall needs to be filled asap and the J-10A coming with PAF specified avionics is the best answer as getting F-16s from the US with current relations seems very difficult.

So, my analysis is that these J-10s are kind of stop gap measure / emergency measure to fill the gap created by no F-16s and by 2014-15 when J-10B would be in full production run, we will start getting more out of them.

J-10 with PAF specified avionics is gonna be one hell of a fighter and fully capable to take own what the enemy has currently.

Thanks Taimi. Your post makes sense. Clarifies the situation a little bit. :tup:

i think not getting EDA f-16s and the indian threat is reason PAF went for j-10 as but i still think we might in future go for the j-10 b..
basically the are same fighters with different blocks..point was the timing..

Again, nothing mentioned about a J10 production line! You people are ridiculous!

In a few years I will answer your post with pictures of J-10s being assembled in Pakistan. Until then patience is what you must exercise and move on with your troll wagon.

So, the gentleman from the Chinese forum says that it's an upgraded version of J-10A, whereas Eagle Hannan says that it's a modified version of J-10B? From what I've read / I'm reading both are reliable sources, correct? Is there a third source we can use as a "tie-breaker" lol? I remember seeing, either here or on Pakdef, that Eagle Hannan was going to triple check his information...

Oh man I really hope this works out.

So, the gentleman from the Chinese forum says that it's an upgraded version of J-10A, whereas Eagle Hannan says that it's a modified version of J-10B? From what I've read / I'm reading both are reliable sources, correct? Is there a third source we can use as a "tie-breaker" lol? I remember seeing, either here or on Pakdef, that Eagle Hannan was going to triple check his information...

Oh man I really hope this works out.

Both are right within themselves , J-10 is being inducted by PAF as an immediate countermeasure to bridge the gap our adversary enjoys, Previously
F-16's were planned for this role therefore negotiations were taking place about the 18 C/D's in option as well as some used f-16's and as per PAF wish the number of F-16's in PAF inventory was planned to reach somewhere in the range of 100 but now due to increasing fragility in Pak-US relations specially what happened few months ago it seems PAF has diverted their interest form f-16's to J-10 .

The J-10's which Hui is talking about are the one we are getting instead of f-16's while the one called FC-20 deal is as it is as it was in original form , this J-10 deal seems to be a different deal , I think there are two ongoing deals at the same time for J-10 with some improvements while one for FC-20 with some heavy airframe and avionics improvement

Both are right within themselves , J-10 is being inducted by PAF as an immediate countermeasure to bridge the gap our adversary enjoys, Previously
F-16's were planned for this role therefore negotiations were taking place about the 18 C/D's in option as well as some used f-16's and as per PAF wish the number of F-16's in PAF inventory was planned to reach somewhere in the range of 100 but now due to increasing fragility in Pak-US relations specially what happened few months ago it seems PAF has diverted their interest form f-16's to J-10 .

The J-10's which Hui is talking about are the one we are getting instead of f-16's while the one called FC-20 deal is as it is as it was in original form , this J-10 deal seems to be a different deal , I think there are two ongoing deals at the same time for J-10 with some improvements while one for FC-20 with some heavy airframe and avionics improvement

Well I dont agree with linking the acquisition of J-10A with EDAs. If there was any such thing then there would have also been a cut of Block 52 second order (given the assumption of near death US-PK relationship. The only transactions to be through would be those which have already been executed. But there is no word on the fate of 2nd agreement. Nor there has been any word on the EDAs lately. The order Pakistan has placed is almost the same which had been speculated before i.e. circa 36 platforms (though the rumor was for 56). What we may do is to keep our fingures crossed and watch for the developments.....

Well I dont agree with linking the acquisition of J-10A with EDAs. If there was any such thing then there would have also been a cut of Block 52 second order (given the assumption of near death US-PK relationship. The only transactions to be through would be those which have already been executed. But there is no word on the fate of 2nd agreement. Nor there has been any word on the EDAs lately. The order Pakistan has placed is almost the same which had been speculated before i.e. circa 36 platforms (though the rumor was for 56). What we may do is to keep our fingures crossed and watch for the developments.....

I was not only referring to the EDAS but also with the 18 f-16's C/D available as an option . Many sources have said it time and time again that PAF was always looking to maintain a fleet of 100 f-16's atleast, also there were rumors and reports popping out that PAF will go for the option of remaining 18 plus EDAS or some used ones from 3rd party but that was before ,what Abbottabad operation has made sure that neither Pakistan nor PAF can trust US , PAK-US relationship has its ups and downs ,there was always fragility in relationship but the relationship never touched so low what it did after Abbotabad operation, they directly challenged our sovereignty, So PAF was one of many to realize that in case US does some mishap along with india against us we don't have anythng to put against them , we all know what fate will f-16's carry if any such thing happens other than that what we have to offer is very few .

The region is dynamically changing so are the relations , PAF are smart enough to realize that a mishap is not a far away thing , sooner our sovereignty will be challenged again so we have something to work with and Chinese were/are the best allies to bank our trust upon , their interests and our interests are same so PAF went for the option of J-10's immediately as FC-20/J-10B's are far away so till the real goodie arrive why don't get some j-10's

If PAF had to get J-10's they would have on the first place as what now we are getting has changed avionics but nothing like structural changes so it wouldn't have taken that much time if PAF would have went straight away for J-10's as the original contract was signed way back in 2006 , but as the contract was for much improved version FC-20 so PAF was waiting for it come , but dynamic change in situation forced paf to go for J-10, My gut feeling is that we will not see more f-16's now neither block 52's nor any used ones.

Also once the FC-20/j-10b arrives PAF will feel lot comfortable as the pilots will have there experience on J-10's plus the maintenance facilities will be same for both .

What i think is that once J-10B's arrives then PAF will sent these J-10'A's back to China to upgrade them with the goodies FC-20/J-10b has till than PAF wants to make sure that they have enough in the bank to show there muscle in case of any mishap by our adversary

I agree that going for a total new plane is a risky option. The Fc20 is still a plane that never saw real combat and we have to wait and see what it will be. The F16 is somehow even in Pakistani psychology a known concept. PAF knows it like nothing else. They used it in real combat (Afghanistan/Indian patrols during Kargil/shooting down Indian UAV). Getting 100+ F16's near or on Block52 is something really to look at. Surely there are negative options but do we get something better? Not at the moment. Maybe in 2013-2015. And like we have done in the past. We cannot rely on one producer or plane. If F6 fails we have Mirages...Now if JF17/J10 fails in certain aspect we can try F16 and vice versa... I think it is extremely tough for any opponent to counter two systems. We can be happy that we are able to do that.

I agree that going for a total new plane is a risky option. The Fc20 is still a plane that never saw real combat and we have to wait and see what it will be. The F16 is somehow even in Pakistani psychology a known concept. PAF knows it like nothing else. They used it in real combat (Afghanistan/Indian patrols during Kargil/shooting down Indian UAV). Getting 100+ F16's near or on Block52 is something really to look at. Surely there are negative options but do we get something better? Not at the moment. Maybe in 2013-2015. And like we have done in the past. We cannot rely on one producer or plane. If F6 fails we have Mirages...Now if JF17/J10 fails in certain aspect we can try F16 and vice versa... I think it is extremely tough for any opponent to counter two systems. We can be happy that we are able to do that.

How many modern fighters have seen real battle and those which saw battle, imagine they were pitched against air forces of what strength. think of strong air forces of Iraq and Taliban

I don't see any harm by inducting J10A meanwhile and then J10B later on as per schedule i-e in 2014.Keeping in mind India's MMRCA plane will be available after 2015 and we need J10B to counter that machine.Hence decision of J10A's induction will counter SU30MKI.:cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom