What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Eagle Hannan
the moment I read "There is no problem with WS13" I was like yes right and all the PAF people here in China are lying. J-10B/FC20 was PAF requirement.. No J10A version. I think could be some translation error... Its like someone has been running after this guy and asking questions while he half heartidly replied.

I have quoted the project director from PAF saying "J-10A is hardly a replcement for Mirrages and there is no reason to 2 platforms with same capability". Also so far the acquisition of J-10B is on track. The 4 J-10B inshallah will make it to Pakistan. I have sent an Email to my contact and copied the above report in it. I just want to be sure.. I mean the guy says "little change in avionics". What does that mean? It is not a little change we need a J-10 with. and another point says "10 planes are being readied". CAC has already cleared 2 B models for flight tests and I can confirm PAF is part of evaluation team. Piloting the bird.

Anyways, I would not be so worried about about this... doesnt seem right

The confusion may be because Pakistan's designated version is FC20 which is based on J-10B with Pakistan specific requirements on top of J-10B (Chinese desingation of a new air frame + avionics package). It is still going to be based on J10B inshALLAh.
Thanks to Mani2020 for spreading the word

After this news I can just wish that like PAF, PN also don't end up buying song class submarines instead of Qing class. Sh1t happens and in Pakistan case it happens too often. :frown:

I also saw Huzhigeng's post on CD forum today. Hu said the Pakistan order is a done deal: about 35 x J10A + MLU (sort of) + several upgrades requested by PAF.

CFC had a demo show for PLAAF Armament Dept on July 27. Per Hu's post J10B is expected to achieve IOC by the end of this year. Does PAF need J10A that urgently? Other than that, I don't see what's the point to purchase J10A at this point. It should not take more than one year or two for CFC to debug the bird and do the marketing. Anyway I won't be surprised by a following J10B order when the uncertainty in the redesign is gone and, most importantly, the WS-10G engine turns out to be reliable.

@ Areesh, no need to be so much disappointed. If the basic J-10 design comes with latest avionics and is as capable as the rumored J-10B, then whats the bad thing ?? Just not having a DSI makes any difference ?? Don't think so.

It seems due to some unknown reason PAF has made the decision to induct the aircraft much before the due time as told before of 2014-15. The J-10B design getting IOC by the end of this year and then another round of testing before formal production starting would have made the 2014-15 time line possible, but due to the need of urgency by PAF it seems the PAF has decided to get the basic design J-10 with its own requirement of Avionics to fill some gap.

F-16s have not come from the EDA stock as hoped and relations with the US have gone down in the past 1-2 years and even the Blk-52s are with restrictions and the codes for them are still being procured from the US. We were hoping to have something close to a 100 F-16s but we are stuck at the 65 F-16 figure, 34 older ones, 13 EDA ones after the loss of one from the original 14 and the new 18 Blk 52s, so we are still short of 2 full Sqds to reach the 100 mark of front line fighters to take on the enemy.

This short fall needs to be filled asap and the J-10A coming with PAF specified avionics is the best answer as getting F-16s from the US with current relations seems very difficult.

So, my analysis is that these J-10s are kind of stop gap measure / emergency measure to fill the gap created by no F-16s and by 2014-15 when J-10B would be in full production run, we will start getting more out of them.

J-10 with PAF specified avionics is gonna be one hell of a fighter and fully capable to take own what the enemy has currently.

hahaha.... so PAF Fans of J-10B are kicked hard once again :lol: .... If right now, we are getting J-10A instead of B then i assure you we are not getting any J-10B ever. Pakistan is out of CASH now a days and we r already getting 50 new JF-17 on soft loans. on the other hand we are getting Bloody military aid from US, which is junk. All the things we have in our military is a decade old as compared to India & we cant even compare ourselves with our primary enemy.
Every day there is a serious mess ... i am not hearing good news at all, any day.
so i suggest u guys STOP DREAMING and face the reality.

RIP FC-20

Yes as some time ago when I was reading thread about FC20/J10B I have been concern in my mind that, if J10B first coming out of production at the end of this year how can Pakistan get it immediately this year soon, I have been raised concern on that forum but PDF folks could not caught it now this reality brings out here, folks desires and reality are two integrated thinks, you could not get your desires without relying on reality.

J10B is a new enhanced technology that Chinese required as bad as Pakistan needs it. My Pakistani folks China is not living out of this world they also have conflicts especially on Taiwan and South China Sea where US continually threating her, and you know technological comparison between US and China. How China can afford to avoid getting advance war machines in these circumstances?

Although we do need them too badly but the time that will need to achieve it are too long until 2014, because that would first fulfill the requirement of China. Now the question is that what Pakistan does during that period to overcome her need regarding Air superiority ability of PAF? … J10A upgraded FC-20 and JF-17 block II is solution for that.

^^^^ u need to consult a psychiatrist please

and so do u .. !
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...-force-symbol-pride-nation-3.html#post1977982
f-16a is a third gen air craft.even the books written abt paf n f-16s call it a third gen aircraft.f-16a is better then jf-17 in range,agility,payload,far more powerful engine n higher twr .jf-17 is better then f-16a in terms of avionics, radar n bvr capability making it a low 4th gen air craft.f-16c is true 4th gen aircraft.jf-17 block 2 will qualify itself to be called as a true 4th gen air craft but still it would be inferior to f-16c in terms of range,payload n agility.
if su 30 mki is called as a 4.5 gen jet then jf-17 block 2 wont be in the same generation as it will be inferior to su30 mki in almost all aspects except the radar may be as it ll be having aesa.

hahaha.... so PAF Fans of J-10B are kicked hard once again :lol: .... If right now, we are getting J-10A instead of B then i assure you we are not getting any J-10B ever. Pakistan is out of CASH now a days and we r already getting 50 new JF-17 on soft loans. on the other hand we are getting Bloody military aid from US, which is junk. All the things we have in our military is a decade old as compared to India & we cant even compare ourselves with our primary enemy.
Every day there is a serious mess ... i am not hearing good news at all, any day.
so i suggest u guys STOP DREAMING and face the reality.

RIP FC-20

Take a chill pill, bro. If PAF can only afford to 35 J10As, by no means they will acquire J10A right now. Instead, they will hold on until J10B becomes available. Hu's post is not a confirmed news, so please take with a grain of salt. Don't forget the fact that Hu even had to call his buddy in Nanjing to figure out J10B radar is PESA or AESA.

Moreover.. the current J-10A's may form a lend lease package.. to be exchanged back for the B variant at a later stage.
It is nothing to lose heart at..
before the transfer of Mig-29N's to Malaysia.. there was an initial transfer of combat capable A's.
To start pilot training... and maintenance familiarization.
I think its rather good.. CASH strapped we may be.. if not for our cockamimi govt.. the PAF isnt making too many mistakes.

one thing that some posters havent factored in is the option to integrate raad cruise missile aswell as to upgrade to aesa radar in the j10 far quickly than the possible mlu of eda f16s to mlu3/4 standard

this will make these 2 squadrons far more lethal in the coming years

So J10/J10 A whatever it is, are we getting it this year or the next one?

one thing that some posters havent factored in is the availability to integrate raad cruise missile aswell as to upgrade to aesa radar in the j10 far quickly than the possible mlu of eda f16s

this will make these 2 squadrons far more lethal in the coming years
F-16s with Raa'd will attract an objection of US as it will lead to a violation of famous US covanent of "No offensive use". So i dont think Integrating Raad with Falcon will be a good Idea when we have other sanction free platforms

^ i think thats what i meant , raad option and aesa availability ---

if we are intending to use these j10 as gap filler in place of eda f16s [and not as gap fillers in place of j10b] , then its a very good move by paf

these squadrons may includes dual seaters [j10s] aswell to train the pilots before moving on to j10b squadrons

they might aswell be the first 4.5 generation fighters capable of air refuelling with midas refuellers , which might be handy in naval operations

I dont know whats all the fuse......but Even if its J-10A with upgrades, it will be an addition to our arsnel. J-10As outperformed PLAAF J-11s and PLAN SU-30s, the same J-10As recently locked consistently onto VnAF SU-30s, all point to its decency in A2A capabilities

^ i think thats what i meant , raad option and aesa availability ---

if we are intending to use these j10 as gap filler in place of eda f16s [and not as gap fillers in place of j10b] , then its a very good move by paf

these squadrons may includes dual seaters [j10s] aswell to train the pilots before moving on to j10b squadrons
They will cost more than EDAs.....but anyways, all we can do is speculate :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom