What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I am afraid not. The one I posted before was a fan-drawn Computer Graphic, because the real one is still under development at Chengdu in secrecy. But rumors on Chinese forums say J-10B undertook its maiden flight around late 2007 or early 2008, so I guess we just have to wait and see.

Thanks Mxiong, I have also said it before that the pictures you posted didn't seemed to me a CG. I think the frame modifications shown are sensible and not some thing out of fiction. Normally CG’s are conceptual designs of futuristic technology. What we se on J10B is not fictional science though it is very advance concept.
DSI are already implemented on JF-17 (FC-10) and it makes sense to implement those on J-10 specially when the technical know how exists with China aviation industry.
As you said let’s wait and see.
I found this one floating on web:

Thanks Mxiong, I have also said it before that the pictures you posted didn't seemed to me a CG. I think the frame modifications shown are sensible and not some thing out of fiction. Normally CG’s are conceptual designs of futuristic technology. What we se on J10B is not fictional science though it is very advance concept.
DSI are already implemented on JF-17 (FC-10) and it makes sense to implement those on J-10 specially when the technical know how exists with China aviation industry.
As you said let’s wait and see.
I found this one floating on web:

what a beauty. It solves a lot of the problems that have been raised earlier. If we have reached this stage and the design is a reality, then I daresay we are not too far from inducting this bird.
Regards
Araz

what a beauty. It solves a lot of the problems that have been raised earlier. If we have reached this stage and the design is a reality, then I daresay we are not too far from inducting this bird.
Regards
Araz

If i am not mistaken, i think induction of J-10 has much to do with the avionics and not the over all design. I maybe wrong but the initial design of the J-10 is fine, all it needs now for PAF point of view as stated by the ACM that we need an avionics package of our own on it and not what the chinese are offering.

Regards
Araz

I think its an edited Image J10 needs 4-5 years to get mature like it counterparts. also avionics package is yet to be decided and I don't see any country providing AESA (as powerful as APG 80) for our FC-20.

If i am not mistaken, i think induction of J-10 has much to do with the avionics and not the over all design. I maybe wrong but the initial design of the J-10 is fine, all it needs now for PAF point of view as stated by the ACM that we need an avionics package of our own on it and not what the chinese are offering.

Ice cold.
Thank you for your response. You are absolutely correct and I shoul have elaborated. My response was in continuation with an earlier post that I had made. My concern with J10( very personal one I would say)is that hte 4 hardpoints on its belly are for dumb bombs only and bery small ones at that. There has been talk regarding shifting the rear wheels on to the wings to increase the space on the belly for the four hardpoints, which gives the J10 more versatility,although i understsand that it is not desireable for every plane to have all its hardpoints utilized by aams(S&M).
My wish list was for the J10
1_ more versatility with regards to hardpoints.
2- Integrated FLIR and IRST.
3_CFT
4-AESA radar
5-more use of composited.

When I saw this picture I saw all my whims fulfilled(at least the structural ones!!) and therefore made my post.
Owais. Thank you for your post .Asexplained above my post was in relation to the reasons cited above.
WaSalam
Araz

keypublishing.co.uk
"In Aviation Weeks's "Show News" for yesterday published pictures of an early J-10 being set up as a gate guardian for AVIC.

According to the article, the PLAAF display team Bai-Yi will be re-equipped with J-10s and make a flypast of the Olympic stadium during the opening ceremonies."

fafef506693296e6e99041a8a5063598._.jpg

Its a good look dorsal spine maybe containing extra avionics and conformal fuel tanks.

What are the two white pods?

Back
Top Bottom